Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

42 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Thanks Dave, going to set that. Quick question, how do you get it to stick ? Every new start of P3D, I have to set the values again in the EF mini Uii

Set it then press Save variable, next flight after it's loaded and you see mini UI press load variable, it will load your last saved variable. 

So once you have a save that you like just enter flight and press load variable from the mini UI. Setting don't stick, I wish they did.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Set it then press Save variable, next flight after it's loaded and you see mini UI press load variable, it will load your last saved variable. 

So once you have a save that you like just enter flight and press load variable from the mini UI. Setting don't stick, I wish they did.

Cheers thanks Dave. Hope they improve that save function. Also the check boxes are hard to see, especially for my old eyes. Thanks again.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

When setting EF to automatic mode, that should be it per REX. But I keep seeing all these posts saying one has to go into the mini UI and adjust this or that so ones eyes don't get their retinas burned from too high bloom settings. So it really isn't automatic I suppose? Seems to me Rex still has work to do on this program and it's not ready for my taste.

Eric 

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Ah, it may have done. 

However, when ENVDIR installed, when it is run it doesn't do anything.

I may try yet again (ity'll be the third time), but not at present. Got catching up to do.

Pete

Pete, also note that Envtex adds to the addon xml as well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

You can also make a preset in manual mode for the next time you fly. Click into manual apply preset go back to auto.

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

If I still want to try to use PTA, do I have to revert shades in PTA to default before I install EF? If so, when do I have to apply PTA preset back again? Or it is better to try to use EF without PTA? 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

HotFix 1.1 is out. Open EF should pop up if on line.

• Upvote 2

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

yes, But I left HRD ticked. In the box above settings

So you tried it and it worked for you also? You set to zero also?

Yes, exactly the same settings on my site and it also worked. No excessive bloom/brightness. In a couple of hours I will test the new 1.1 hotfix and see if I can reset the P3D GUI HDR settings back (1.10 - 0.05 - 1.10) and reduce the EF mini Guis HDR "Exposure Setting to see if that works. But thanks for sharing your experiences, allthough this should not be the way how EF Software works. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, reecemj said:

HotFix 1.1 is out. Open EF should pop up if on line.

Ah, so maybe I should try that? I don't want to have to spend hours getting some colour back into my view!

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

8 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Pete, also note that Envtex adds to the addon xml as well.

Hmm. It isn't in either DLL.XML now, so if it was added the uninstall worked properly and removed it (unlike EF's).

Pete

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hmm. It isn't in either DLL.XML now, so if it was added the uninstall worked properly and removed it (unlike EF's).

Pete

I suppose that's something.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:20 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Well, in (the less than a) day I had EF installed i never say any MiniUI nor a button for it. 

I only wanted to use Auto. Never tried it in Manual mode. Ony switched temporarily to find the HDR switch.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Without being unkind, you are probably as young as me 🙂 and it took me a while to find the MiniUI.
So, are you sure you didn't miss this micro/mini button on the left down side of your screen?

(Sorry for the picture but the icon doesn't appear on screenshots)

hfH3Ac.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

So, are you sure you didn't miss this micro/mini button on the left down side of your screen?

Yes, I looked there on all three "screens" (three projectors with one curved screen actually -- but I use Team viewer to see the three separately).

I have contact now from Rex support and hope to get the whole mess sorted in the next days ...

Pete

On 5/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, Nyxx said:

I think I found the solution to the HRD Bloom problem. Well to soon to say if it works for everyone but. Here is what I did if you want to try it.

Within the mini UI. Set all setting back to manufacturers settings.

Turn OFF within the mini UI HDR.

This will give you back your P3D HDR setting to adjust.

Within P3D, Turn Brightness/Bloom/Saturation to 0, full left.

You will not have a black screen.

Open the mini UI and turn HDR back on in the menu.

Hello David,

wanted to report back after testing your theory...

1. Did restore mini UI to default (never changed settings but did it anyway)

2. Did turn off HDR within mini UI -> I got HDR controls back in P3D *Thanks for that...nice catch)

3. Did move all sliders to the left -> this gave me a black screen due to Brightness set to zero!

4. Mini UI turned HDR ON -> this did not lead to any change prior of turning it off (so yes my screen wasn't black anymore but the overexposure was still there)

So unfortunately your method only gave back HDR controls in P3D.

One thing: I don't use any other shader app at this time.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

18 hours ago, B777ER said:

When setting EF to automatic mode, that should be it per REX. But I keep seeing all these posts saying one has to go into the mini UI and adjust this or that so ones eyes don't get their retinas burned from too high bloom settings. So it really isn't automatic I suppose? Seems to me Rex still has work to do on this program and it's not ready for my taste.

The automation mode adjusts the shaders and swaps could and sky textures according to prevalent weather conditions. That all is automatic. You still have the mini UI in you want to adjust things on your own while in automatic mode, but if you don't want to, you can just hide it. What many people here are adjusting is the HDR option that comes with EF. I don't know if this has been addresses with the latest update, but the bloom is/was pretty aggressive and you still have that luminance adaptation effect which is a bit overdone, too. This is all that people here are adjusting, once you have found some HDR settings that alleviate this issue you won't have to do anything and you can just let it do its thing in the background. This will also likely get adjusted in a future update (perhaps it's been done already, I haven't checked).

17 hours ago, skysurfer said:

If I still want to try to use PTA, do I have to revert shades in PTA to default before I install EF? If so, when do I have to apply PTA preset back again? Or it is better to try to use EF without PTA?

Before you install and use EF, you should definitely restore default shaders. Only then run EF.

It's better to refrain from using PTA completely when using EF because EF can really dig deep and might cause some issues you can't just iron out by closing it or even uninstalling it. Applying shaders over other shaders is never a good idea. If you only use tweaks within PTA that EF doesn't work with, it should not cause problems. Personally, I have completely disabled my PTA preset while using EF, just to be sure. Your decision, though.

• Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD