Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

Pete could this be your problem? I have ASCA, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE and SkyForce, and before running Environment Force for the first time, I asked on the REX support forum if I could run all these texture software jointly so as to take full benefit of REF, the REX support staff asked me to make a choice, either ASCA and ENVTEX, or SkyForce, but avoid running both as it could lead to undesirable results (no further explanation as to what this could mean). I opted to fly my first flight with AS4, SkyForce and Environment Force, and had no problem. However, I made sure to uninstall all textures from ASCA and ENVTEX first and of course did not start them. I also left SkyForce closed as suggested.

So basically they're saying with EF and SF with your weather engine, mine ActiveSky, renders ASCA useless? So no more Full Dynamics? Sounds like EF is doing everything that ASCA used to do. Does that sound about right?

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

11 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Where is that? I don't see it. The bloom for auto is terrible. I just want to turn it off in EF and have P3D control it.

It's in the mini UI option is to turn off REX HDR.

Last screenshots just did a 7 am flight from KSAN to KLAS

Showing overcast to "clear"

19.jpg

20.jpg

Its seems making sure SF and EF textures are set to DTX5 512 and simply turning off REX HDR in the mini UI brings what you see. TS doing its thing...

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It's in the mini UI option is to turn off REX HDR.

Last screenshots just did a 7 am flight from KSAN to KLAS

Showing overcast to "clear"

19.jpg

20.jpg

Its seems making sure SF and EF textures are set to DTX5 512 and simply turning off REX HDR in the mini UI brings what you see. TS doing its thing...

I've got the UI open and I don't see it. There are certainly 7 variables for REX Enhanced HDR but no 'off' button that I see.

Edited by Lenny777

16 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

I've got the UI open and I don't see it. There are certainly 7 variables for REX Enhanced HDR but no 'off' button that I see.

hdr.jpg

Can you see it now?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Ah, I've not tried "repairing" content. Interesting. do you know which content files got 'repaired'?

I don't just want full control, I want some light on the ground and colour in the sky too! 😉

I'm relaxing this evening. will give it all another try in the morning, before making a full report on the Rex forum.

BTW can anyone confirm whether the "Technical updated #1" for EF was the awaited HotFix?  I can't seen to find out. their "awaiting hotfix" support thread is still up but closed.

Pete

No I dont . But it gave me my original HDR failure free back. This only worked after a content repair amd fully uninstall and reinstall of the client  With full control I ment without leftovers from EF. As I reinstalled EF after that, the excessive blooming with HDR on returned, even after I disabled HDR in EF and Enabled it in P3D. So my conclusion is that EF does do something to my original sim settings or due linstalled EF files which cant be avoided by disabling along the EF GUI. Thats a big issue and not acceptable. My workaround is to turn HDR in P3D GUI off  

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, Nyxx said:

hdr.jpg

Can you see it now?

Wow. It's in the Shaders section  instead of the HDR section. I'm sure that made sense to somebody. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, matteospacca said:

Since EF installation I have a drop of 20-30 fps? Any suggestions?

Have you read the last two pages of this topic? it might help?

After reading the many responses, I was a little skeptical about Rex Environment Forces and had my doubts.  In the end I decided to buy and install it anyway.  I have installed P3DV4.5 (Cliënt , Scenery and Content update).  I do not use PTA or Tomatoshade at the moment.  Installation was hassle-free, after several flights in Auto mode,  I am very satisfied with the result, I have only adjusted the HDR setting for ExposureKey in miniGUI (Auto mode). I have installed all FTX ORBX Global Range, Europe and North America products.  My test flights were with Rex EF in various Europe and North America regions. Great job REX Team! 

I use Rex EF in combination with Rex Sky Force 3D and Active Sky for P3D no Active Sky Cloud Art.

Edited by Jac_49

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

3 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

After reading the many responses, I was a little skeptical about Rex Environment Forces and had my doubts.  In the end I decided to buy and install it anyway.  I have installed P3DV4.5 (Cliënt , Scenery and Content update).  I do not use PTA or Tomatoshade at the moment.  Installation was hassle-free, after several flights in Auto mode,  I am very satisfied with the result, I have only adjusted the HDR setting for ExposureKey in miniGUI (Auto mode). I have installed all FTX ORBX Global Range, Europe and North America products.  My test flights were with Rex EF in various Europe and North America regions. Great job REX Team!

Do you use ActiveSky and/or RexSkyForce?

Yes

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

BTW can anyone confirm whether the "Technical updated #1" for EF was the awaited HotFix?  I can't seen to find out. their "awaiting hotfix" support thread is still up but closed.

Technical update #1 was the first HotFix to address mainly grey panel issues when using PTA or Tomato shaders with Environment force.

Shorty after that was released a further technical update was announced as "coming" and that is supposed to fix, among other things, the HDR issues. Still not released this HotFix.

Robin Harris

Thanks Nyxx for inspring me to keep flying and testing. I was ready to uninstall EF. And I found some good.

Testing EF. Make sure your clouds are 512 this put my  fps back to 28-30. Also using 1 cloud layer in AS will bump to 2 or more I like 3 as I keep testing. Not using any pta at this time but using RD present 1.1 in SF. HDR insim is on at default but has no effect. HDR in EF set exposurekey 0.275 and BloomBlurSigma at 0.500. 

Also played around with some of the other presets in EF.

What I do like its a brighter and crisper sim without pta. This app will take a lot of patience to learn. I don't think auto mode will give me what I like.

What really ticks me off is EF takes over your sim even after a uninstall. Read the last four pages. Not being able to get back to where you started is unacceptable.

Well I spent my cash I'll see what I can get out of EF.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

So after getting my sim back up to normal (sky and ground textures actually look like sky and ground again) I spent another couple of hours trying to make sense of the performance issue. It seems to be fine now. Testing with two overcast layers I don't have a drop in performance anymore. The weird thing, which still keeps me a bit skeptical about EF even though I now consider it an essential addon, is that I don't even really have an idea what fixed the performance issue in the end. It was not the cirrus layer option as that was turned off all along. At some point I was getting close to trying things out of desperation. What seemed to do the trick was completely wiping EF off my computer and restoring the P3D client by reinstalling (and the shaders in the process). I had previously installed the first version after release and then installed the technical update over it. I downloaded the whole, full EF installer (newest version) and installed it again and after doing this I didn't have any performance drop in the same scenario that gave me horrid stutters before. I'm not sure why simply reinstalling would fix bad performance. EF really seems to dig deeper into the sim as one would like so watch out.

I also completely refrain from using PTA now that I use EF even though I only used it to tweak the cockpit. I don't think it was related to the performance issue but it is a recipe for disaster to have shaders installed onto other shaders. I suggest using either PTA, Envshade and the likes or EF for shaders but not both at the same time. Also, make sure to completely restore default shaders, even by reinstalling the P3D client, before using another shader addon. Shaders can break things and are to be handled carefully.

As for the excessive bloom, I found it works best for myself to turn BloomBlurSigma up to 1.34. This way I still have parts of clouds here and there that are glowing a bit when the sun is shining directly on them and overall it looks realistic and natural. I don't touch ExposureKey. The luminance adaptation effect is still overdone. I like the effect itself but I turn if off by setting TimeDelta to 0 because it takes way too long until the picture has adjusted to the new scene and it's too bright. Hopefully this will be adapted because I'd really like to have a (much) less aggressive version of the effect.

Edited by threegreen
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, I Imade sure I had the latest ENVSHADE (and ENVTEX whilst I was at it) by re-downloading them from my original purchase account, then installed them. They said they needed an up-to-date ENVDIR! Is that correct?

So I got that and installed it too. But when I run it, nothing happens. it doesn't start!

There appears to the no EXE's for ENVTEX or ENVSHADE that I can run.

😞 I just don't understand what is going on. Giving up till tomorrow ...

Pete

Interesting you mentioned this. Exact same thing happened to me yesterday trying to install (with all the patches) Envshade.

Clicking on Envdir, it just flashes and closes with no confirmation of activation. Hmmmmmmm...