Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, earthdog said:

I suppose you have "Run as Administrator" enabled in EF, if you dont try it also. Also open EF before P3D

The DLL.XML in the ProgramData was set to load the DLL, yes.

Yes, run as is set for it. Initially I was running it via FSUIPC [Programs], so it was after P3D started loading but well before textures etc are loaded. I didn't see any adverse consequence then.  I read comments here saying start it first (I'd love to know why, though -- it is less convenient for me), so a tried that, and it was still okay.

My "HDR on = all black", and "HDR off = black ground and gray skies" only occurred AFTER a re-boot of the PC. Very odd. I fixed it this morning, as per previous post.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson
  • Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Is there any solid answer on how EF interacts with TS/PTA? Like does it add to other shaders? or override them?

For example, if I use automation mode on top of my TS preset, is my sim going to look different then if I just used automation mode with default shaders?

20 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I was only running ASCA and SKYFORCE before.

Well, I didn't delete any textures. How would they get loaded without the supporting program running? I don't think i'd know where to look in any case. I wanted to leave ASCA installed but just disabled so I could re-enable it if I didn't like EF (as others here have done). 

As it is going back to what i had before hasn't worked. Only grey and white still, with what i would say was the exact configuration I had before I started with EF!

Pete

I'm so glad I didn't go for EF.

From what I've seen, where it has been working for people, the visuals are no better than what I have at present, which is Envtex, Envshade and ASCA. I only use ASCA's cloud structures, all other textures are from Envtex.

It looks like if EF goes wrong, it leaves a right mess behind.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

19 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

From what I've seen, where it has been working for people, the visuals are no better than what I have at present, which is Envtex, Envshade and ASCA. I only use ASCA's cloud structures, all other textures are from Envtex.

Theres a reason for that: screenshots doesn't give you even a small impression what EF can do to the look of P3D. And it still amazes me how things like Envtex, Envshade or even ASCA are named here because EF is a completly different product than that three.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

55 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

It would have been nice for me to try this, but both ENVSHADE and ENVTEX seem to need ENVDIR, and that does nothing on my PC despite trying uninstalling, reinstalling, applying fixes from TOGA. Attempting to run it gives ... nothing! It doesn't even flash a window on screen.

Pete

@Pete Dowson Since the last 2 ENVDIR updates, I also had some issues. On my end I went like this:

1. Obviously uninstall all 3 products ENVTEX/ENVSHADE/ENVDIR

2. Install ENVTEX and let it pull ENVDIR automatically (do not launch anything)

3. Install ENVSHADE (since you already installed ENVDIR, don't let it pull ENVDIR again). Don't launch anything!

4. Restart PC.

5. Start ENVDIR and tell it to search for updates -> Install if it finds something new.

This seemed to work on several reinstalls after the P3Dv4.5 issue..

A prerequisite is also tu Run all installs as Admin and to check if somehow your AV still has the exclusions for TOGA!

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 minute ago, GEKtheReaper said:

1. Obviously uninstall all 3 products ENVTEX/ENVSHADE/ENVDIR

Yes, did that.

2 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

2. Install ENVTEX and let it pull ENVDIR automatically (do not launch anything)

It didn't do that. And thee wasn't anything to launch. Is there no ENVTEX or ENVSHADE executable (other than the uninstall one)?

3 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

This seemed to work on several reinstalls after the P3Dv4.5 issue.

So far it has got nowhere near any FSX or P3D. Never a screen and no options or settings.

I might have another go, but not today. I'm a bit fed up to tell the truth.

Pete

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

It didn't do that. And thee wasn't anything to launch. Is there no ENVTEX or ENVSHADE executable (other than the uninstall one)?

Just after installling ENVTEX it should tell you that you also need ENVDIR for it to work. It should pop up....

EDIT: No you will not find any Icons or executables generated from ENVTEX or ENVSHADE cause they run through ENVDIR which should be created on your Desktop

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I think I found the solution to the HRD Bloom problem. Well to soon to say if it works for everyone but. Here is what I did if you want to try it.

Within the mini UI. Set all setting back to manufacturers settings.

Turn OFF within the mini UI HDR.

This will give you back your P3D HDR setting to adjust.

Within P3D, Turn Brightness/Bloom/Saturation to 0, full left.

You will not have a black screen.

Open the mini UI and turn HDR back on in the menu.

I changed to setting only to my own liking it is a balance as my VC from TS makes the world look different from the VC then outside views.

TimeDelta=0 hate that personly.

ExpoKey for me within the VC=0.330.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I think I found the solution to the HRD Bloom problem. Well to soon to say if it works for everyone but. Here is what I did if you want to try it.

Within the mini UI. Set all setting back to manufacturers settings.

Turn OFF within the mini UI HDR.

This will give you back your P3D HDR setting to adjust.

Within P3D, Turn Brightness/Bloom/Saturation to 0, full left.

You will not have a black screen.

Open the mini UI and turn HDR back on in the menu.

I changed to setting only to my own liking it is a balance as my VC from TS makes the world look different from the VC then outside views.

Hi there. That also worked for me. Did you leaved the P3D HDR GUI settings completely to the left (0)?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

55 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Hi there. That also worked for me. Did you leaved the P3D HDR GUI settings completely to the left (0)?

yes, But I left HRD ticked. In the box above settings

So you tried it and it worked for you also? You set to zero also?

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 hours ago, earthdog said:

IF you know what you are doing with PTA and the rest, and like what you see then stay off EF.

Thanks for the reply.

You got me on that one. That's the problem. There are so many programs and they all do difference things so it is hard to understand how it all would work together. Some people have good understanding how it all work, some don't. That is why I am here. One simmer suggests do this, another one says do that. Huh..

This is what Nyxx suggested:
"You just use SF & EF with ASP4. You would be fine now with PTA, if you get way to much bloom turn HDR off within the EF mini UI also pointed out a few pages ago."

So do I use PTA or not with EF? If you are saying it is not wise to use overlapping tweaks in both EF and PTA then what do I use? ENVSHADE? So much confusion here.. 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

9 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Just after installling ENVTEX it should tell you that you also need ENVDIR for it to work. It should pop up....

Ah, it may have done. 

However, when ENVDIR installed, when it is run it doesn't do anything.

I may try yet again (ity'll be the third time), but not at present. Got catching up to do.

Pete

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks Dave, going to set that. Quick question, how do you get it to stick ? Every new start of P3D, I have to set the values again in the EF mini Uii

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.