All seems to work but a work in progress 

xxd09

PS Active Sky seems to set the Clouds-types of and heights 

Skyforce gives depth and structure 

EnvForce makes it dynamic 

Shaders are something I am still learning about

I think SkyForce doesn’t need to be activated-EnvForce finds it and uses it

Still learning........!

Thanks for sharing. I am trying to keep up with this topic. Will give it a try today. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

18 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

So what's the HDR on/off switch inthe main program? I would have thought that took precedence. An earlier post said the one in the mini-UI (which i've never seen) needs redoing for every scenario after loading. Ugh.

Pete

Pete I don’t use manual mode so never really looked but yes in the mini UI you have to click to select ever time until hopefully Rex makes all selections stick.

Its a learning curve to use all of EF for sure. I see manual mode more like a shader profile program like PTA/TS.

Auto is we’re its at for me, as the description in the manual.

Sorry cannot help more.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Pete I don’t use manual mode so never really looked but yes in the mini UI you have to click to select ever time until hopefully Rex makes all selections stick.

Well, in (the less than a) day I had EF installed i never say any MiniUI nor a button for it. 

I only wanted to use Auto. Never tried it in Manual mode. Ony switched temporarily to find the HDR switch.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

54 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You rename your ASCA exe to exe.off. You don't need it anymore unless you revert back to what your use now. BTW that's the set up I was running and pointed all this out somewhere in the 16 pagers.

You just use SF & EF with ASP4.

David. 

I was looking for the post were you show your settings. I found this comment only on page 7 (unless I missed something else):

33906816218_f741320061_b.jpg

"Only the checkbox for Sky on for ENVTEX". Do you use ENVTEX or not? You suggested: "You just use SF & EF with ASP4."

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

36 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

However I did have a functioning system following the P3D tips section so clearly set out by J van E plus Nyxx

Active Sky,SkyForce plus PTA was my setup

Now added Rex EnvForce plus Hotfix

Updated P3Dv4.4 to 4.5

Run EnvForce in  Automation Mode

I understand you do not use ENVTEX, right?

Thanks 

Until the HDR issues are fixed, I just renamed the RexModules folder to disable it. HDR inside of P3DV4.5 is working now like it should. It's crazy that even not starting EF will still caused issues due to EF's DLLs.

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

i never say any MiniUI nor a button for it. 

Hi Pete,

You have multiple displays yeah? The Rex support forum for EF has a section devoted to the miniUI menu and there are many posts there regarding the mini UI not showing on the main screen (or potentially any other display) in a multi monitor setup. Rex are investigating.

Edited by paj

10 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Greetings. 

So I have read all 16 pages in this current topic and I'm still a bit confused. Before I install SF and EF and screw my P3D completely I would like to clarify something. 

1. I read J van E's topic regarding SF 3D with Active Sky, ASCA, ENVTEX working together, and I wonder where EF will fit into?

I have: Active Sky + ASCA for dynamic skies with ENVTEX sky textures, PTA

So per that topic I mentioned, I can make everything work together using the following combo:

REX Sky Force 3D and Active Sky plus ASCA for dynamic skies with ENVTEX sky textures, PTA.

That topic was posed sometime ago and EF was not available. So where EF will fit into that combination above? If I install SF3D and EF and use Active Sky as weather engine, do I still need ENVTEX? I hope J van E will be kind enough to update the topic he posted with EF as well. 

2. I understand it will be better to wait till REX issues another hotfix to fix issues with PTA, correct?

Thanks guys. 

IF you know what you are doing with PTA and the rest, and like what you see then stay off EF.

If you need dynamic settings then either go with EF only or find / build a PTA that uses expressions to have dynamic changes up to a point.

If you want to test a more plug and play solution like ENVSHADE but with more dynamics in the play and texture sync then install EF but let PTA go.

Use ACTIVESKY for weather. Having SF will make EF use the textures from there. You only open SF if you need also dynamic cloud MODEL (not texture) updates.

Currently EF will NOT alter the lighting in VC of the aircraft.

So even if REX solves the PTA issues, it is not wise to use overlapping tweaks in both EF and PTA. For example having cloud,terrain and water lighting adjusted in PTA and then put EF on top is kinda wrong and may have unpredictable results. 

So with PTA i would use the features that EF doesn't have , for example VC lighting and leave the rest to EF.

Edited by earthdog

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

I look forward to J van E,s next P3D tips and tricks on this subject 

His last effort was so good-took me right out of the woods

I want to fly rather than tweak to much and use up valuable flying time looking for the perfect setup 

I feel we are getting there

xxd09

9 hours ago, skysurfer said:

David. 

I was looking for the post were you show your settings. I found this comment only on page 7 (unless I missed something else):

33906816218_f741320061_b.jpg

"Only the checkbox for Sky on for ENVTEX". Do you use ENVTEX or not? You suggested: "You just use SF & EF with ASP4."

Thanks 

I did use envtex for sky textures only though ASCA, but not now I use let SF and EF do that. But use ASP4 for weather.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, in (the less than a) day I had EF installed i never say any MiniUI nor a button for it. 

I only wanted to use Auto. Never tried it in Manual mode. Ony switched temporarily to find the HDR switch.

Pete

Pete the mini UI should be on your screen the second the flight is loaded, you need to go ask REX, sorry.

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

So what's the HDR on/off switch inthe main program? I would have thought that took precedence. An earlier post said the one in the mini-UI (which i've never seen) needs redoing for every scenario after loading. Ugh.

If you dont see the mini-UI then most probably DLL.XLM doesnt have the entry that was supposed to have in order to load it.

I suppose you have "Run as Administrator" enabled in EF, if you dont try it also. Also open EF before P3D

Edited by earthdog

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

56 minutes ago, paj said:

You have multiple displays yeah? The Rex support forum for EF has a section devoted to the miniUI menu and there are many posts there regarding the mini UI not showing on the main screen (or potentially any other display) in a multi monitor setup. Rex are investigating.

Ah, I should have searched the forum more.

I have managed to get my ground and sky colours back. It was something in the P3D CFG file. I'm going through a process of elimination to find out exactly what that could be. It  explained why, when I did a complete re-install, it was okay. I don't know if EF changed the CFG or whether it was something else just coincidental.

I've given up on ENVDIR. It won't run even following the tips and installing the "fixes" from the TOGA site. I was reasonably happy with the shaders I had before, so I'll still to those, with SF3D + ASCA restored until daring to try EF again -- after whatever fixes are still pending.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen