Jump to content

vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Not running ASP4. And in regards to weather popping you are incorrect. If you use SF3D weather engine with EF the weather is supposed to blend in not pop.

And at writing i ticked off and on weather smoothing and it now fades in not popping. Happy again.

Edited by Riah069

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Best bet  is  for  users  to  experiment  with  different  settings  till they  find  the  correct  one  for  their pc.

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

After this latest update, how is night flying in v 4.5 with EF in auto mode? Are the clouds and night sky nice and dark? Can you see ground textures from FL350? I use to use PTA to darken the scene for night time in v4.3 ( haven't flown in months and just now getting back into it) as I hated seeing ground textures and unrealistic sky textures along with white clouds at night.

Share this post


Link to post

Night is much darker than before but you can still faintly see the clouds

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I totally agree I tried turning ON cloud smoothing as it "should " be off with ASP4 and found it a lot better with it on I also pushed the timer from 5m to 10m with ASP4 set to refresh every 15 mins.

Andy, Harry you might be right let me know your findings please guys.

HDR in P3D ON or OFF, I don't see much difference if any at all.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  you post your  findings  in the  rex  forum  iam sure  they be  glad  to read  it  after  all  the  negatives   in here

EF is a different product. 

In terms of complexity and coding, I can say that there has not been anything similar in the past. 

Saying this the product is getting into its mature stage.

From here we will be fine tuning it.

Thanks 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Are the clouds and night sky nice and dark?

They are on my screen and terrain can be pitch black when not lite by moon or other scources. Sky is not black but the brightness is spot on now. And thats with out any changes in the mini UI. Just a small adjustment in the p3d hdr settings. But that adjustment was made by me befor EF and is only to satisvy my preferences to calibrate color and brightnes levels on my screen (REX can not predict wich monitor setup a user has and they are all very different, so I am glad in 1.1.3 I have full controll over thees settings).

Quick general tip:

Windows 10 -> settings -> system -> dsiplay -> Windows HD color settings: SDR content appearance, change the slider until it is right for you. This slider alone is totaly uncontrollable/predictable.
Check your GPU settings, e.g. NVIDIA control panel -> display -> change resulution -> use NVIDIA color settings, if supported by your display, try RGB mode and output dynamic range to full

Edited by Rasterfahnder

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Nemo said:

HDR in P3D ON or OFF, I don't see much difference if any at all.

It probably was/is my TS. Because for me On and OFF was huge with the VC lighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Correction: HDR in P3D ON/OFF makes a big difference @ night. HDR ON makes the VC and all texture/autogen night lights much too dark and barely visible. With HDR OFF it looks much better.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

What do you prefer? P3D HDR or EF?

I use also ENVSHADE and have EF HDR off. Seems to bright /bloomish with it on. 

Thanks Michael Moe (4.4 still) 

Share this post


Link to post

Just tried the new update using just EF and activesky. Much improved on the bloom. Haven’t tried any manual experimenting as I wanted to see how auto was handling things. Did a short night test which had good darkness but still excellent vc lighting in Maddog x. No blowout bloom. Runway lights bright but curiously landing lights barely visible from vc. I’m using 4.4. Anyone else have this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

What do you prefer? P3D HDR or EF?

I use also ENVSHADE and have EF HDR off. Seems to bright /bloomish with it on. 

Thanks Michael Moe (4.4 still) 

Just update to new version and Bloom will be  fixed

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Correction: HDR in P3D ON/OFF makes a big difference @ night. HDR ON makes the VC and all texture/autogen night lights much too dark and barely visible. With HDR OFF it looks much better.

EF HDR On, without any tweaks on it will look just as the default P3D HDR On.

not more nor less.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, fs1 said:

EF HDR On, without any tweaks on it will look just as the default P3D HDR On.

not more nor less.

Not sure if I understand you correctly. I'm running EF automated mode w/o any tweaks, so HDR (EF) is active. With HDR (in P3D) ON it is too dark @ night. With HDR (P3D) OFF it is quite right. Is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: If I switch HDR (EF) ON/OFF it has no influence as long as HDR (P3D) is OFF. Which seems logical to me. But why is the night so dark now ...it was not like this before EF, regardless HDR (P3D) ON or OFF.

Edited by Nemo

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Nemo said:

But why is the night so dark now ...it was not like this before EF, regardless HDR (P3D) ON or OFF.

Silly question, but what is Your brightness setting in p3d? I have it at 1.0 at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rasterfahnder said:

Silly question, but what is Your brightness setting in p3d? I have it at 1.0 at the moment.

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Not sure if I understand you correctly. I'm running EF automated mode w/o any tweaks, so HDR (EF) is active. With HDR (in P3D) ON it is too dark @ night. With HDR (P3D) OFF it is quite right. Is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: If I switch HDR (EF) ON/OFF it has no influence as long as HDR (P3D) is OFF. Which seems logical to me. But why is the night so dark now ...it was not like this before EF, regardless HDR (P3D) ON or OFF.

Please post in the forum. I will wait for you. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, fs1 said:

Please post in the forum. I will wait for you. Thanks

Will do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Well.....I just updated latest version sorry didn't read last 5 pages, but after update I am unable to sync anything in manual mode.....and once click on REX EF it crashes.....cursor is spinning...not sure, do I have to start SIM to do this? But this update doesn't work for me. Any idea guys?

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Well.....I just updated, sorry didn't read last 5 pages, but after update I am unable to sync anything in manual mode.....and once click on REX EF it crashes.....cursor is spinning...not sure, do I have to start SIM to do this? But this update doesn't work for me. Any idea guys?

Post in the forums please for issues.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Post in the forums please for issues.

Sadly I can't even recover my password let alone get any help there....this process should be straight forward...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Sadly I can't even recover my password let alone get any help there....this process should be straight forward...

Well, PM here to help you recover your password. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, fs1 said:

Well, PM here to help you recover your password. Thanks

Sorry....I recovered password but once in I am going to their Tweeter page?! I am looking around to see if is somewhere Candid camera....with new password I am still unable to get in....I mean....

Share this post


Link to post

Whew I had to ditch this thing.  Won't save my registration information between sessions.  Ran once and looked nice but then P3D became unresponsive on next running.  I did a repair and it is still unresponsive...stuck on the opening splash screen.  Gotta do another full re-install then sticking with good ole AS + ASCA for now.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, gregda said:

Whew I had to ditch this thing.  Won't save my registration information between sessions.  Ran once and looked nice but then P3D became unresponsive on next running.  I did a repair and it is still unresponsive...stuck on the opening splash screen.  Gotta do another full re-install then sticking with good ole AS + ASCA for now.

You have all years at support 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...