Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

I honestly do not like the clouds of REX. I prefer those of ASCA and especially the CLOUD STRUCTURE which I find is better.

Then the sky I prefer to ENVTEX.

So the combo "ENVTEX / ASCA / ASP4 / EF" works?

EF just change the dynamic way of the shaders during the flight?

The rest is ASCA that changes the sky and clouds during the flight we agree?

10 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

I honestly do not like the clouds of REX. I prefer those of ASCA and especially the CLOUD STRUCTURE which I find is better.

Then the sky I prefer to ENVTEX.

So the combo "ENVTEX / ASCA / ASP4 / EF" works?

EF just change the dynamic way of the shaders during the flight?

The rest is ASCA that changes the sky and clouds during the flight we agree?

That's the practice I use at the moment, because I prefer the ASCA-clouds over the REX-clouds, too.🙂

Patric

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I spent last night flying around my local airport and around KLAS for a real hit of sun, unlike my local cloudy airport.

With my tweaked R&D TS pre-set

First real thoughts and finding.

TS reflections work with my FSL so that's great and no grey VC after the patch.

As for my R&D preset, I think its totally useless. EF takes control and seems to render my TS pre-set INOP. 

But I also thought.....well this does not look bad!, I don't like manual mode as imo this product is all about everything happening automatically not loading a pre-set and that is then unchanged for your flight. I want to see it handling everything for me. Winter/summer sunny/overcast.

So away I flow around my local cloudy airport and thought....if this was a new TS pre-set I was trying out I would be very pleased with it. Yes, it did look different, less iPhone magic wand tweaked I think it's easy to fall into that trap. So after looking and thinking I thought visibility and depiction were very nice and loved the SF textures being injected by EF to match the weather and given I only have to look out my window to compare it was good.

So off to KLAS since I've flown a lot around there since KLAS came out. I also have MSEv3  Nevada. Wow was my first thought followed by its a bit bright (not bloom overdone) Took of and again thought this is "different" I flow out the city north. I was amazed at how the photoreal looked different to my TS profile, the white sand areas with direct sun on were very bright as looking at white in bright light is but shaded areas jumped out at me with clarity that I've not seen, so stunning I flow around for 30 mins just looking at Rocks and sand!

So after closed it all down I think it's like starting again. A pre-set shader can look great because we set them to our personly taste. But this is doing its best to present the world as it is in real life and seeing KLAS felt like I was flying around on a baking hot day in the desert. Flying around my local felt like it was a miserable cloudy day with the sun coming through here and there.

So it felt like I had used two new pre-set one for the UK and one set up for baking hot KLAS. Except I had not.

I re-named ASCA so it was no longer used and since it was for sky textures only, did not miss that at all.

Negatives.

I don't understand in Auto that you save a variable and on loading a new flight you load what I think is the last one from the mini UI, but every time I loaded the sim it kept the small changes I made. But that's a good thing. So no idea what that's all about. Do need to look into that more but since it loads my changers why bother? 

Weather updated from ASP4, the first one in Klas was not smooth but ASP4 can be not smooth at all. But as normal when it has more to go on the updates because more seamless. I might even try the SF weather engine again.

The one thing I really don't like about EF is the control it has over the sim. To have a programme that can have a huge effect over the sim even when you don't have it running should have a reset button option to put everything back to pre-running EF. I think this is really bad.

A first conclusion.

Without doing a full flight. This well could be a huge step forward. From what I've seen it's like having a different PTA/TS profile every time you fly. No, you're not in control of that but we only used PTA/TS to get around the washed out lifeless world P3D is without them. But now....that "standard" world has a preset in PTA/TS terms to match where ever your flying. Without tweaking or doing anything. That's huge, for new people that's like loading a perfect TS preset for the first time. For people like myself, I feel I have to re-set my idea of perfect and enjoy the variety EF brings.

How does it look in the Caribbean?

I like the idea of using auto shadders based on weather conditions, time of the day, and even region.

That's the primary reason why I was so interested in EF.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

A first conclusion.

Without doing a full flight. This well could be a huge step forward. From what I've seen it's like having a different PTA/TS profile every time you fly. No, you're not in control of that but we only used PTA/TS to get around the washed out lifeless world P3D is without them. But now....that "standard" world has a preset in PTA/TS terms to match where ever your flying. Without tweaking or doing anything. That's huge, for new people that's like loading a perfect TS preset for the first time. For people like myself, I feel I have to re-set my idea of perfect and enjoy the variety EF brings.

PTA/TS can use expressions , meaning the Fs world will look different based on time of day, altitude , weather , power of he sun etc. 

SF does not tweak terrain / Nightlighting  and several other things. It is a clouds/sky/water Shade app + some additional features. Which is good.

A PTA/TS preset with only fixed values will look the same each time ...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

21 minutes ago, GSalden said:

SF does not tweak terrain / Nightlighting  and several other things. It is a clouds/sky/water Shade app + some additional features. Which is good.

Gerard,

It does tweak terrain & water, it will de-saturated water and land class on the fly given the weather/ clouding. It was shown on their stream.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

When I got EF I disabled PTA, as I wanted to see just EF and what it looks like. I was absolutely stunned. It is simply gorgeous. Flying around the Caribbean at SXM with FlyTampa’s airports it is just amazing. It looks absolutely realistic. I just set it to Automation mode and that’s that. 

Question though: I don’t seem to be seeing real world weather. In the sim I just leave it set to Fair Weather and go. I definitely get the visuals from EF, but seemingly not the real world weather. Am I doing something wrong? Should I set weather to user defined within the sim? Aside from injecting textures from REX4 I haven’t changed anything  

Environment Force is a game changer for me. This is what P3D was meant to look like. 

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

How does it look in the Caribbean?

I like the idea of using auto shadders based on weather conditions, time of the day, and even region.

That's the primary reason why I was so interested in EF.

Absolutely breathtaking. I do almost all of my flying in the Caribbean, low and slow in the A2A Cherokee, with some scenery and airport addons, and EF is the final piece of the puzzle. It’s like actually being there. Just stunning. 

• Like 2

I working with a big Problem.

Realtime 3D Cloud Texture Sync and 3D morphing will not work.

I can not Change the 3D Clouds. When i take a User Profil no 3D Cloud Change.

I work night and day and will not found the Problem.

I use the weather Engine ASP4, ASCA and SF3D.

Cirrus Clouds are Working and  Sky Textures alsow work.

Please help me

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

9 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Question though: I don’t seem to be seeing real world weather. In the sim I just leave it set to Fair Weather and go. I definitely get the visuals from EF, but seemingly not the real world weather. Am I doing something wrong? Should I set weather to user defined within the sim? Aside from injecting textures from REX4 I haven’t changed anything  

It sounds like you have a weather engine. The one used by most is HiFi ASP4 or you could buy use REX SF. To name just two.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Don't have a weather engine *

For some reason, I cannot edit when I quote!

On 5/1/2019 at 8:40 AM, phrygian said:

Anyone experiencing bad frame rates with this addon? 

Mine dropped for sure. I went from a steady 30 (I have it pegged there) to low 20s. But I wouldn't trade the visuals for anything, it is amazing. Any suggestions for better FR would be appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Don't have a weather engine *

For some reason, I cannot edit when I quote!

I am confused then, I thought EF had one? if not I am buying SF. 

4 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Mine dropped for sure. I went from a steady 30 (I have it pegged there) to low 20s. But I wouldn't trade the visuals for anything, it is amazing. Any suggestions for better FR would be appreciated. 

Wow, that is a massive drop. 

Clouds are set to 4096 by default within EF.

Change them to DXT5 and 512.

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Keep us posted as your experiences will be of great value for other PTA/TS users.

So i spent a couple of hours with EF / PTA and Reshade.

Bottom line is that for now i will continue to use my PTA and Reshade profiles and have EF only for the cloud sync and morph (i hope it will work only for that.

The settings that i am using in EF for that purpose are:

Snipaste-2019-05-04-15-20-56.jpg

The reason for staying with PTA and Reshade is that EF did not give much more, in fact less if you add the ambient light from Reshade (EF cannot compete with a good ambient light setting in Reshade). IT is still too saturated for my likings. I have managed to bring saturation to dusk/dawn with PTA as i need it and leave saturation "die" the rest of the day. I did not notice much difference with EF on that.

Just a couple of pics that i couldn;t get with EF (Maybe i will try another day after some hotfixes).

Also of course you cant have VC lighting with EF also.

Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-16-42.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-17-13.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-17-51.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-18-28.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-18-54.jpg
Prepar3-D-2019-05-04-15-19-49.jpg

• Like 1

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p