Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

the big advantage of AIM/OCI is that it will update the airlines with the repaints as soon as the flightplan is uploaded to our server. Big packages like FLAi would need to update their whole package when only one small repaints has changed this would take way to much time.

I do not fly online and have no idea what you guys need as extra information in the aircraft.cfg so the OCI aircrafts could be used for VATSIM. If you can prove these infos I am sure we could add there something so if will work as well for online

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Thank you Kai for your reply. I have added the simobjects folder to the simobjects.cfg and V5 certainly can see the aircraft as well as vpilot (1302 liveries so far). Obviously no flightplans get activated while online and the only thing I would like to fix is the sounds and the effects, which I think could be done via an xml file that would include also the aircraft. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to write an xml file with the right syntax, so for the moment it works with no sounds and no effects. I also use Realtraffic with Psxseecontraffic and it looks like the aircraft also appear there.

regards

OCI Aircrafts do have Sound as well as Effects? What do you want exactly?

5 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

OCI Aircrafts do have Sound as well as Effects? What do you want exactly?

Kai

My apologies for the previous post, didn't realise that the xml I wanted was in the OCI configuration folder. All working now.

Regards

I dumped my other AI programs and gave this a try. It did take me a bit of head scratching and reading yesterday but I got it to work today. I still have a lot of stuff to add but I must say this seems to be a great solution for AI. The models that I have seen so far look great and no real performance hit so far. I just wanted to add my support to the growing list of users here. It so far seems well worth the time to set up and install. 

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

What solution are you guys using for General Aviation AI with Prepar3dV5?

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

21 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

no official video but it should to the trick

That is very helpful. It should be added that new users have to pay attention to what is going on and be patient because there could be several steps that can take some time to complete. This was what kind of messed me up in the beginning. My fat dumb fingers were moving way too fast in some of the steps...LOL! It is a bit miss leading (pun intended) in that the term "One click" in this case does not mean that you just click a button and it all just installs. It does require more input from the user which is great because you have a lot of control in what parts and how you use this program based on your own desires and needs.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

17 hours ago, shivers9 said:

It is a bit miss leading (pun intended) in that the term "One click" in this case does not mean that you just click a button and it all just installs.

I thought the "OCI" term (One click install) referred to the file structure where a complete airline schedule and the aircraft it needs, along with their liveries, is all installed when selected in the control program (the "one click" on the airline to select it). The non-OCI airlines and require a lot more work from the user.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I thought the "OCI" term (One click install) referred to the file structure where a complete airline schedule and the aircraft it needs, along with their liveries, is all installed when selected in the control program (the "one click" on the airline to select it). The non-OCI airlines and require a lot more work from the user.

Pete

Hi Pete...you are likely correct in your understanding of the "One click install". After reading your post I do recall that some of the packages were more automated when installing. I need to pay more attention to the OCI vs non-OCI packages. That being said I do like the approach that AIG is using and I do recommend that folks give it a try in Prepar3d.

Sam

Don’t forget about AiCompanion. This excellent accompanying program to AIG will display all movements so you can see what’s going where.

It can also be run on a networked PC if you have WideFS. The two really go hand in hand.

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For 5.1 users:

We are aware of PBR problems and are in contact with LM to find the cause of it and fixing it. For now I was able to get the best results using this settings:

1) Disable auto exposure

2) Try to fly with clear sky.

As soon as either LM found a possbile fix or we have updated the PBR textures to work in the new TrueSky settings I will give you an update

• Like 3

I would like to take this opportunity to mention @Kaiii3 did an excellent job during 5.1 beta testing reporting issues and interacting with LM engineers.

Well done m8, I am really glad they added you to the Beta team.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 10