Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

14 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

1) Go to <OCI>\Traffic Files\Scenery and delete all files "Traffic_ESAI_*.bgl" restart AIM. AIM will no detect that non of them is installed all let you install them as AIGFP (if enabled)

If I delete them right now will I lose a lot of my current traffic in major hubs?

Do I get it right if I don't click Inject AI Manager will generate traffic from the available BGL flight plans,  but soon as I click inject some of the flight plans will be automatically replaced by those available already in the new format?

Will AI Controller see the difference between traffic that use different flplan formats? 

Thanks

@Kaiii3, I've used Radar Contact v4 for years and this works by interacting with the Ai traffic generated by BGLs. If you're dispensing with that method of generating Ai in P3D how will this impact on ATC programs like RC?

Whilst I appreciate the flight plan system will make Ai plans easier to generate I'm concerned it could have a detrimental impact on Radar Contact users.

I also use FSUIPC to adjust Ai so that 30fps is maintained at all airports however busy. Will your changes impact on this too?

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

BGL and AIGFP files can work parallel. AIM is only installing ONE file per airline (priority is AIGFP when possible).

If AIC is working with SimConnect to identify the Aircrafts it should work

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Kaiii3, I've used Radar Contact v4 for years and this works by interacting with the Ai traffic generated by BGLs. If you're dispensing with that method of generating Ai in P3D how will this impact on ATC programs like RC?

Whilst I appreciate the flight plan system will make Ai plans easier to generate I'm concerned it could have a detrimental impact on Radar Contact users.

I also use FSUIPC to adjust Ai so that 30fps is maintained at all airports however busy. Will your changes impact on this too?

You can stick to BGL as long as you want. AIM will always have the option to save a BGL based on a AIGFP - only some flightplans can not be downgraded to BGL. FSUIPC will remove the Aircrafts within the Sim. So nothing to worry about, it should still work.

In the end it is up to the developers of other tools if they want to support AIGFP formats when working so far with BGL.

2 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

BGL and AIGFP files can work parallel. AIM is only installing ONE file per airline (priority is AIGFP when possible).

If AIC is working with SimConnect to identify the Aircrafts it should work

But as I update my airline timetables won't those BGLs be replaced by a AIGFP file? It would be nice to have the option to retain BGLs.

I probably need to experiment with an airline and see how Radar Contact handles it.

Just seen your last post. It would be appreciated if those developing plans could retain both options so we can choose which to use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

if you do not enable AIGFP in AIM (Settings->Flightplans) you will stay on BGL files. Saving AIGFP->BGL is always possbile, AIGFP contains much more information then BGL so it is basically just delete some infos and save as BGL xD

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

if you do not enable AIGFP in AIM (Settings->Flightplans) you will stay on BGL files. Saving AIGFP->BGL is always possbile, AIGFP contains much more information then BGL so it is basically just delete some infos and save as BGL xD

Thanks Kaiii3, that reassuring that control remains with the user.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

you might end up with some flightplans you can not install (All Helicopters and maby some other special operations) because they can not be andled in BGL files

Just now, Kaiii3 said:

you might end up with some flightplans you can not install (All Helicopters and maby some other special operations) because they can not be andled in BGL files

Those won't be a problem for RC users I suspect.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Helicopter no, but we might install some airlines with special routings like sightseeing or patrolflights. They are actual aircrafts and are handled by the internal AI System.

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

Helicopter no, but we might install some airlines with special routings like sightseeing or patrolflights. They are actual aircrafts and are handled by the internal AI System.

Well, it's safer to turn it off then, or maintain 2 databases, until you you add some switch for that.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ray,

Once spawned, AI get handled by the sims ATC regardless of whether it was injected or generated from bgl data. At least that's how it works when combining an injector such as UTLive and AIG bgt traffic.

3rd party ATC programs should function with either as they interact with the sims ATC. At least that's the case with my setup + pro-atc. I have no reason to suspect that it is any different for RC.

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've used Radar Contact v4 for years and this works by interacting with the Ai traffic generated by BGLs. If you're dispensing with that method of generating Ai in P3D how will this impact on ATC programs like RC?

I thought RC used FSUIPC to get traffic data? It doesn't matter to FSUIPC whether you use injected traffic or BGL traffic. Did you never use UTLive? i used it for a while and that is all injected.

6 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Injected AI traffic is seen in the same way by FSUIPC and would be removed in the same way too. It may get re-injected afterwards, but I doubt it.

Apart from the following of proper routes rather than great circles, one advantage of injected traffic is that the start-up time for P3D is reduced somewhat because the BGLs don't need scanning.

Anyway, you have the option, as already stated. The new flight plans have to be specifically enabled.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen