Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

It's worth the effort for me because I don't use external programs or add-ons to limit the AI traffic. So that's why it's nice to be able to dial the amount of traffic on a 1:1 ration using the traffic slider inside of P3D.

Thanks. I can understand why people do it now.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks. I can understand why people do it now.

I actually do this to an even greater extent.  I set all my "Major" airlines (of my choice) to 1-44%  Then I compile everything else at 1-99%   In P3D I set traffic to 45%    

This in "theory" means I should get 100% of my "majors" and fill in the rest with everything else...  It seems to work. 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

@psolk, each to their own of course but I could never do that much work. A couple of settings in FSUIPC is the limit for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, psolk said:

I actually do this to an even greater extent.  I set all my "Major" airlines (of my choice) to 1-44%  Then I compile everything else at 1-99%   In P3D I set traffic to 45%    

This in "theory" means I should get 100% of my "majors" and fill in the rest with everything else...  It seems to work. 

Thanks for sharing your method!

That's I think what I was looking for in those %%  but coulnd't articulate, lol

Cheers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Maybe I’m just not understanding the benefits but I just don’t get why it’s worth the effort.

It's no effort if you remember to do it at the beginning. and the benefit is simply that the Traffic Slider in P3D works again afterwards. Some folks prefer that. And it can benefit performance, if you remember that any limiter (other than that for UTLive which injects traffic) can only work by removing aircraft once they's been added into the simulation.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

@Pete Dowson, I never opted for that when I first installed AIG. The frame rates at the time were very good compared to UTL with more aircraft visible.

Using FSUIPC to control numbers and fps works well for me even at airports like Barajas which seems a hard hitter. I've dropped down to a minimum of 25 to keep the fps around 30.

But for those who don't have the payware FSUIPC then yes, a good alternative.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

It's no effort if you remember to do it at the beginning. and the benefit is simply that the Traffic Slider in P3D works again afterwards. Some folks prefer that. And it can benefit performance, if you remember that any limiter (other than that for UTLive which injects traffic) can only work by removing aircraft once they's been added into the simulation.

Pete

Very good point, Pete!! More than once I've observed AI limiters fight for the pre-set numbers of planes to maintain in 3D world. A plane pops up at the gate then immideately gets wiped out. I better start recompiling my current 1%to1% situation.

Thank you.

Edited by Dirk98

On 7/13/2020 at 2:24 PM, psolk said:

What would you like to achieve with these settings exactly? For a greater variaty and randomization I think I would rather do the other way around on the % value. Domestic "Major" airlines already dominate particularly in their respective airports big time, look at AIG AI traffic in SW EGLL or FT Amsterdam as an example. I'd ruther cut back on their numbers in favor of all other airlines. But on the other hand with this approach you would find less "Majors" outside their domes airports.. Hmmm, scratching my head.  )) 

Thanks.

FSUIPC Limiter with P3D Traffic at 100% may be the best randomizer variaty-wise yet.

• Upvote 1

using the traffic slider in P3D will always show the same airplanes. Using a dynamic limiter you will see different kind of planes each time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

FSUIPC Limiter with P3D Traffic at 100% may be the best randomizer variaty-wise yet.

That's what I use 🙂

André

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

What would you like to achieve with these settings exactly? For a greater variaty and randomization I think I would rather do the other way around on the % value. Domestic "Major" airlines already dominate particularly in their respective airports big time, look at AIG AI traffic in SW EGLL or FT Amsterdam as an example. I'd ruther cut back on their numbers in favor of all other airlines. But on the other hand with this approach you would find less "Majors" outside their domes airports.. Hmmm, scratching my head.  )) 

Thanks.

I fly predominantly major hubs in the US so I set my traffic up accordingly.  So personal choice.  

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

We have a major problem with some of the FAIB models, we will release an model update later today.

Edited by Kaiii3
  • Like 4

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Any news on this update?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

There was a pretty massive model update today, you should have been prompted to update.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS