Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

38 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ok, does this now work? The last time I updated manually, I lost all my simobjects and had to start downloading from scratch...

if you copy the files from the ZIP in the same direcetory as the old AIM installtion and override the old files it should work. It is the same way as AIM does just not automatically

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Just to be aware, even if prompted to don't run the OCI update sim objects for now. Doing so will cause some serious issues to your traffic. Wait until further notice.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

could someone please explain to me why my install of AIG defaulted to payware models (took me to SimMarket) if freeware models are just as good?

in fact, why does freeware AIG initially default to payware models in the first place?

i found this very concerning - as a new user - whilst referencing the AIG Tutorial document, as I was initially attempting to install.

AIG gives the option to use payware or freeware. It's a very simple interface and the prompts are clear throughout the install process..... 

I think we're being trolled here....

• Like 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I don't think so either.  Craig has a very long Avsim membership history and diverse posting history on many topics.....

22 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

not trolling,

I am simply asking what are the advantages of payware models? that I was initially directed to.

I use the freeware models, but I'd quite like it if there was a sort of 'choose this selection for all' button or something, rather than having to click the freeware option manually for each model. Not too bad when it's a small fleet operator, but when it's something like American Airlines theres a lot of model variations.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

not trolling,

I am simply asking what are the advantages of payware models? that I was initially directed to.

I don't think there are freeware versions of a few of the models - C-series off the top of my head, but I think there are a few more.

I'd have to do some research as to what makes them more detailed, but it is nice to have them available. Sometimes only one version has a paint available. If the painter that painted it used the payware version, you would need the payware model to get the free paint. I ended up getting the payware models, because I ran into a couple of these situations with special paints, I think. Also, they are pretty cheap, and the developer is one of the original developers of good quality AI aircraft (freeware back then).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

To put your mind at ease (at least it should) the payware models aren't part of AIG, they don't benefit from you using them. If you don't want to use payware models, then just select so in the AIM settings. It's all in the tutorial included with AI Manager.

40+ GB for all flight plans installed? word not allowed!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

It's the aircraft that take up the space. The traffic bgl's are only about 230mb. 

That being said, even with AIG installed, I still have 42gb worth of AI aircraft as well as another 17gb from MAIW Matrix for Military AI. 

59 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes, but worth it.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

& to explain my suspicion/alarm - as a novice user,

why would a freeware product inherently default to payware options?

& i am very happy with plenty of payware, & some freeware is also just the best for the job.

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Yes, but worth it.

I tried with all the flightplans, but P3D load time was unacceptable. I had to scale back some. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

17 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

& to explain my suspicion/alarm - as a novice user,

why would a freeware product inherently default to payware options?

& i am very happy with plenty of payware, & some freeware is also just the best for the job.

You've written some curious things in this thread, but that one made me laugh. First of all, there is only one serious payware AI aircraft model developer Mitsushi Yutaka (fspainter) and along with FAIB freeware modeler Erez Weber, they've produced some of the best AI commercial airline models available. Yutaka's models initially were freeware, but as the work needed to maintain the high quality increased, he began charging for the models. The FSPXAI models are so much better than the freeware versions that it's not surprising that many painters and flightsimmers prefer them. This has nothing to do with AIG FM OCI other than AIG's recognition of both the popularity and the quality of Yutaka's work.

We get it, you can't figure out how to use the AIG app. But that doesn't give you the right to trash it.

• Upvote 2