Sign in to follow this  
Kaiii3

AIG AI Manager

41 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

please guys,

do not use the doing it for FREE excuse - very poor form

One Click Installer is simply that - AIG AI Traffic simply does not deliver on that promise.

Ahhhhh, so it's the name you don't like? There I was thinking you had a problem with people giving you stuff for nothing.  

Right, well in that case (and in the interest of transparency of course) perhaps @Kaiii3 could consider renaming it "7 Clicks & Enter a Couple of Passwords Installer".

Yep 7C&EACOP Installer has a nice ring to it. 

• Like 6

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Love the pbr. wish they had some more add-ons tho. some rare antonovs would be appreciated with pbr off course

48 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Ahhhhh, so it's the name you don't like? There I was thinking you had a problem with people giving you stuff for nothing.  

Right, well in that case (and in the interest of transparency of course) perhaps @Kaiii3 could consider renaming it "7 Clicks & Enter a Couple of Passwords Installer".

Yep 7C&EACOP Installer has a nice ring to it. 

will think about it xD

actual I just installed 100 FPs without any other click then OCI-Bulk.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

12 minutes ago, sem said:

Love the pbr. wish they had some more add-ons tho. some rare antonovs would be appreciated with pbr off course

give us some time. We need the converted models and then a flightplan as well as the needed repaint....

13 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

to quickly explain my strong adverse reaction with the AIG Traffic One CIick Installer on my very first Aer Lingus flightplan (OCI=True flag)...

i was dismayed to be directly linked to the following (not even one of the 3 mentioned/hooked in websites)...

i am, however, pleased that others speak highly of AIG - & will keep an open mind about AIG future developments...

+1 for easy 'One Click' installs - i like Orbx & Steam for that reason...

& pleased i supported the payware developer of Traffic Global (Early Access) for P3Dv5 - which a dummy like me was able to get up and running very quickly!

There’s a big green Download button there. Just click it and the zip is downloaded, the window closes and the process continues. I can accept that for someone new to AIG it could be disconcerting to see these popups you weren’t expecting. But it’s just advertising. Hosting isn’t free.

If you would like to compare Ai traffic in your package to the AIG one position your aircraft at King Fahd International Airport - OERK. Local time 10:00 on a Thursday. Set TG to show the maximum number of aircraft. Tell me how many are positioned on the ground.

Ill do the same and post the result when I hear from you. The reason I’m choosing an unusual airport is because all the main Ai packages will concentrate on Europe and North America. Let’s see how TG handles an obscure one.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Agreed wholeheartedly. Its a fantastic program made all the more special by the fact its free and so well supported. 

Indeed it is but sadly hosting isn’t so I made a donation equal to the price I paid for UT Live which is nowhere near as comprehensive but does have good models. I’m sure the developers would appreciate the funds.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thanks 🙂 each donation will make sure we can get AIG and our forum online. And please remember that our dedicated repainters have their own websites/hostings that need to be kepp online, many of them are having some donations buttons as well 🙂

I get the comments about the issues with installation. I can be a little difficult, but once everything is installed, the tool is brilliant. It is also created by volunteers - this, to me is a key point.

The problem you get with all of the commercial solutions is the best models, paints, and flightplans are created with freeware. This has always been the case. UTL is probably the best commercial addon, in theory, but it suffers from the fact that A. you need freeware models and paints to keep it current, and B. there still is no Powerpack, and even if there was, you still need freeware to improve UTL.

From the outside looking in, I'm guessing that one of the challenges with assembling a new tool, free or for pay, is the availability of up to date liveries and models. Aside from the FSP models, the only source for this stuff is freeware. Most freeware developers are opposed to their products being included in a payware product. In addition, freeware developers want their files hosted on the sites they want them hosted on, so you can't simply tell all of those developers that they have to host their files on a specific site. So, in order to use the best models, best paints, best plans and have them updated regularly, you have to create a tool that extracts files from multiple sites, transforms the files into a common format, and loads them into a new tool. Given the political and technological considerations, I think what AIG accomplished here is extraordinary. If it was easy, it would have been done years ago. I would even pay for a tool like AIGAIM, but if it was payware, it wouldn't be a successful because of what I mentioned above.

This is just my guess. I'm sure their is more to the story. 

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I used to spend countless hours managing my repaints  on UTL from both free and FSPXAI. I remember the paint each time a patch for FSPXAI came out and I had to manually update my collection. I had an RSS feed to KYLE/ATCO/JACI/etc.. and update the collection with, being OCD about it. I created the AI2UTL tool to automate the matching list in UTL

Those days are long gone. Morning routine: Start AIGAIM , get updates. go fly....

Thanks for Kaiii3 and everybody for all the work!

Edited by vincentrouleau
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

Is anyone installing the corporate jet files and getting aircraft paints with them? I get no repaints with the OCI corporate jet files.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

all this commentary has completely justified my purchase of Traffic Global for P3Dv5...

installation - a breeze,

AI traffic everywhere & with completely fine aircraft models & plays well with VR,

& happy to support TG developers with $cash purchase (heck, they even gave me a discount for my TG XP11 previous purchase),

up & running in about 30 minutes with a couple of clicks,

very happy.

YMMV

7 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

Is anyone installing the corporate jet files and getting aircraft paints with them? I get no repaints with the OCI corporate jet files.

many of them are using missing models or have no painted repaint yet. From what I know Chris is making sure that at least of of the aircrafts in a FP is painted before he starts the OCI Conversion of the FP. As soon as new models and repaints are done he will update the flightplans with the new data. If you want to make sure that at least some repaints are installed check your OCI SimObject Directory for Objects like AIGAIM_JBAI_Challenger60* or AIGAIM_JBAI_Learjet*

2 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

all this commentary has completely justified my purchase of Traffic Global for P3Dv5...

installation - a breeze,

AI traffic everywhere & with completely fine aircraft models & plays well with VR,

& happy to support TG developers with $cash purchase (heck, they even gave me a discount for my TG XP11 previous purchase),

up & running in about 30 minutes with a couple of clicks,

very happy.

YMMV

Ok you made your point several times.. we are happy for you..

This is the AIGM topic, so let all users that love AIGM to enjoy it.. You are not going to change their minds, users of AIGM are after quality, quantity and accuracy of AI traffic schedules, nothing more. 

Have a wonderful day.

S.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

& you have all taught me something - & I am particularly pleased that you all back up the developers of AIG AI Traffic...

really slick software is - I know - very difficult to develop...

I just reckon - that a few of you - can understand that I just wanted instant AI Traffic for P3Dv5 & hopefully my comments can help others - only been into flight sim for 2 years & always learning.

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

& you have all taught me something - & I am particularly pleased that you all back up the developers of AIG AI Traffic...

really slick software is - I know - very difficult to develop...

I just reckon - that a few of you - can understand that I just wanted instant AI Traffic for P3Dv5 & hopefully my comments can help others - only been into flight sim for 2 years & always learning.

Well if you still learning you should have respect for those that contribute to our hobby for free or a donation (you don't have to like it, but be polite and refrain from comments)...

When you do, it would be polite to start your own topic about your experience with a payware product and share it with others instead of going of topic (this topic is about AIGM).

As for the record AIGM is also a simple install and instant traffic!

André