garydpoole

New Palma de Mallorca from Justsim ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Neither did I. I would be interested how it compares witth Aerosofts version.

It is a combined effort with Digital Design.

9 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

It is a combined effort with Digital Design.

What does this mean?

In my opinion: the Aerosoft Version is really outdated. Looks like FS9. They updated it for P3Dv4 that it will work, but didin't change textures. And they charged a lot of money.

I'm not really happy with JustSim, but when Digital Design is included it's really high quality. (EBBR + ULLI)

I will purchase it for sure.

Have Fun

Urmel

24 minutes ago, Nemo said:

What does this mean?

Ok, it means they did it together like husband and wife

32 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Ok, it means they did it together like husband and wife

Very helpful indeed. Now I know exactly what it is and how it compares to AS. Thank you so much.

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Urmel81 said:

In my opinion: the Aerosoft Version is really outdated. Looks like FS9. They updated it for P3Dv4 that it will work, but didin't change textures. And they charged a lot of money.

I'm not really happy with JustSim, but when Digital Design is included it's really high quality. (EBBR + ULLI)

I will purchase it for sure.

Have Fun

Urmel

Apart from textures could you please enlighten us on what has changed? New terminals, airport layout or something else?

1 hour ago, Urmel81 said:

the Aerosoft Version is really outdated. Looks like FS9.

Fully agree. I had it in the X package, then the so-called Professional version from simWings for P3D4, but they both pale into insignificance compared to this. I have DD's EGGP and they have done an excellent job there

1 minute ago, TopGun33 said:

Apart from textures could you please enlighten us on what has changed? New terminals, airport layout or something else?

what do you mean? difference between aerosoft and digital design?

an really old rendition, with old textures from Aerosoft

an high quality rendition with modern (also PBR) textures from Digital Design / Justsim

I don't think they build a new terminal there. Maybe some groundmarkings have changed.

The photoscenery will be better for sure, it's not ... maybe 10 years... old

Nobody talks about the behind the scenes of development at all. I bet these guys are the original developers for Aerosoft, and Aerosoft did not have them doing an update. Aerosoft then did a quick job updating it because they did not have the original talented modeling team. If you see airports that have not been updated by developers most likely the modeling team is no longer part of their group, like FlyTampa ignoring Dubai and Aerosoft ignoring Dublin.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:

an really old rendition, with old textures from Aerosoft

an high quality rendition with modern (also PBR) textures from Digital Design / Justsim

I don't think they build a new terminal there. Maybe some groundmarkings have changed.

The photoscenery will be better for sure, it's not ... maybe 10 years... old

OK I see, I'll pass on the update then for the moment. The Aerosoft is still good enough for me. Thanks for the explanation 🙂

12 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

OK I see, I'll pass on the update then for the moment. The Aerosoft is still good enough for me. Thanks for the explanation 🙂

I'm lost in translation. Does umell181 mean AS is better and JS is word not allowed ?

I thought it was the other way around ?

41 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Nobody talks about the behind the scenes of development at all. I bet these guys are the original developers for Aerosoft, and Aerosoft did not have them doing an update. Aerosoft then did a quick job updating it because they did not have the original talented modeling team. If you see airports that have not been updated by developers most likely the modeling team is no longer part of their group, like FlyTampa ignoring Dubai and Aerosoft ignoring Dublin.

That's wrong!

FlyTampa is updating Dubai at the moment. http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13064

LEPA was developed by Simwings, they are still active and they are still working with Aerosoft. But they are also still using "old FS9 looking" textures. (or in the LEPA case - they don't want to change them). That's their style. And I'm not a fan of this old style, time has changed. The only good looking airport (as I remember now) is still Anchorage, that was their best work (and it's even now looking great - years after the orignal release!)

Aerosoft was updating scenery after Justsim jumped in with German and Spain airports. Before they were not interested in updating scenerys.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

I'm lost in translation. Does umell181 mean AS is better and JS is word not allowed ?

I thought it was the other way around ?

I understood that JS was better than Aerosoft, and that the Aerosoft port to P3D4 was light, using materials from the FS9 time.

14 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

I understood that JS was better than Aerosoft, and that the Aerosoft port to P3D4 was light, using materials from the FS9 time.

Ahh, ok. You lost me when you said "I will stick with the Aerosft version " lol

Oh yes sorry about that 😂 I should have been more clear. What I mean is that since there are no major layout makeovers, I'll stick with the AS version until the JS version is on sale later on. I am keeping my budget for something else so far.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

like FlyTampa ignoring Dubai

Except that they're not...

QtcSY09.png

Barcelona and Anchorage aside, I'm not a fan of Sim-Wings' sceneries. They look very dated in comparison to anything that has been released in the past 2 years.

Digital Designs are a good developer (see their GCTS, EGGP and LOWS airports) and people have been complimenting the collaboration with JustSim for Brussels.
Therefore, if you don't already have LEPA, the JustSim & Digital Designs version would be the one to go for.

I am a really big fan of Digital Design, have all their sceneries. Justsim is good enough but not Digital Design level. Now, this cooperation is a mix I guess. What I like in the pictures is certainly their ground textures and markings. What I don't like - and this is a characteristic of JustSim sceneries - is their bland - uniform terminal textures. They don't have realistic texturing/weathering, looking like carton boxes. I would disagree that the SimWings version is outdated, somehow the color balance in SimWings seem more natural to me. Justsim sceneries have all a monotonous color tone that I dont like. Generally I am very happy with SimWings sceneries. Digital Design is above SimWings and JustSim in my opinion in terms of overall quality, modeling, texturing. Their latest EDDP for example is just perfect. However this cooperation for LEPA seems to me that most of the modeling is done by JustSim, looking at these terminal models. If I had to choose I'd go with the new JS/DD one, just for the better ground textures and use of P3Dv4 materials. But  I don't think its a day/night comparison as others imply. I think the SimWings version still holds well and in terms of color balance I find it much better.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well if you have been there in real life unfortunately Justsim is just off 😉 not accurate but more an artist impression which looks great, but for me personal I will keep the AS one...

Edited by awf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I am a really big fan of Digital Design, have all their sceneries. Justsim is good enough but not Digital Design level. Now, this cooperation is a mix I guess. What I like in the pictures is certainly their ground textures and markings. What I don't like - and this is a characteristic of JustSim sceneries - is their bland - uniform terminal textures. They don't have realistic texturing/weathering, looking like carton boxes. I would disagree that the SimWings version is outdated, somehow the color balance in SimWings seem more natural to me. Justsim sceneries have all a monotonous color tone that I dont like. Generally I am very happy with SimWings sceneries. Digital Design is above SimWings and JustSim in my opinion in terms of overall quality, modeling, texturing. Their latest EDDP for example is just perfect. However this cooperation for LEPA seems to me that most of the modeling is done by JustSim, looking at these terminal models. If I had to choose I'd go with the new JS/DD one, just for the better ground textures and use of P3Dv4 materials. But  I don't think its a day/night comparison as others imply. I think the SimWings version still holds well and in terms of color balance I find it much better.

Yes, the terminals are ok from Simwings. They are not the best like Flytampa, Flightbeam or Jetstream, but they are ok. But the groundtextures are really outdated in my eyes, really to much brown and blurry for me. Ok, everybody has different eyes. The buildings in the new Justsim / Digital Design Version are looking also better for me. When Justsim had done without Digital Design, I'll never purchase it, it will look ... . But with Digital Design on board it's fantastic. In my case, I'm really happy to get rid of from the simwings version, and I hope they are doeing more spanish airports like Ibiza. I'm still hoping Simwings changes his groundwork, it's looking like FS9. A few weeks ago I've done a flight to Malaga, this airport is not so old like Palma (was developed a few years later), but still has the same ground texture style. When I'll get some experience to to this, I'll try to replace the ground textures with more modern textures for me.

11 minutes ago, awf said:

Well if you have been there in real life Justsim is just off 😉 not accurate but more an artist impression so I will keep the AS one...

You have your own eyes, open some youtube videos and google earth and look which one compares better.

• Like 1

Well, I decided to give it a try given the fact that I have all Digital Design - Justsim/Digital Design sceneries and I am very impressed. I will have to retreat from my previous statement and I now believe it is a much better version than the Sim-wings one. The reason is that uppon close inspection and not looking the screenshots you can see that the ground textures as well as terminal models are amazingly sharp and well modeled. The textures are also very good, especially compared to Sim-wings. The way light reflects on material is also changing with time. What I still think Sim-wings have done better is the jetbridges, which are white as the real ones and they have correct models. JS/DD version has a more grey  jetbridge which I plan to try to replace with a better model using GSX level 2, but its not a deal breaker. The overall quality of the airport is very high and lives up to today's high scenery standards for sure. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1