Sign in to follow this  
Bimmerpilot

San Antonio (KSAT) Scenery

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of relocating from San Diego, CA to San Antonio, TX, and have for the most part had always based my FSX aircraft out of Palomar (KCRQ) located in San Diego County.

Does anyone know of, or have good quality scenery for KSAT?  As I typically flew corporate class turbo-props and business jets (LJ23 and a new Phenom 100) on VATSIM; I'm specifically looking for freeware or payware KSAT scenery with a nicely detailed GA FBO (Signature Flight, Millionaire, etc.) ramp.  

King Sceneries KSAT seems to be the best thing going at this time; though the reviews on it are a bit "spotty".

Thanks in Advance,

BP

Update: I purchased the King Sceneries KSAT and it's pretty nasty (what would one expect for $12.00)..

I did install Ray Smith's KSAT and it is a step up from default FSX.

Edited by Bimmerpilot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Believe this freeware KSAT is by skilled developer Ray Smith.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/8616/fsx-san-antonio-international-airport-scenery/

This one by King Sceneries is payware and available on a number of sites. The second link below is to a review of the King product and includes some images comparing it to default KSAT.
https://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=20984

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?16861-Review-Kings-Sceneries-San-Antonio-KSAT

Then this is a third KSAT that appears to be under development:
https://fselite.net/previews/sxairportdesign-previews-san-antonio-international-ksat/

Thanks Frank!

SXAirportDesign's KSAT appears to be just the ticket I'm looking for, now I get to wait for the release (I'm still waiting MILVIZ's MU-2 😉 ).

Thanks again!

Only times I was at KSAT was when I arrived, and later when I left USAF basic training at Lackland AFB in 1970.  August, 1970! Hope you travel on business or career.  If so I recommend out of town travel in the month of August!  LOL! 

The SX product seems pretty nice. Only thing, unless not pictured, is a few of the large Maintenance hangers located near the tower are painted a bright orange/red IRL. They are pretty noticeable on approach. I modeled them from Google Earth for personal use when I used FSX. but they don't seem to show up on P3D. Probably my learning curve. I use the Ray Smith scenery which was updated by a gentlemen who placed it and some other airports here on AVSIM for P3D use. It is pretty decent overall. I live here in SAT, and yes - get out of town as much as you can in July and August!

That last offering looks really nice.  Also living in San Diego, I would think such a move to San Antonio would be quite a change... best of luck on your relocation.

It's all what you make of it.  Lived there for a while.  Great city, food, people, cost of living, sports, culture, and more.  It does get hot in the summer, but it only snows once every [who knows how long].  I would live there again.  Glad the SXAirportDesign guys are working on KSAT.  

On 5/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, fppilot said:

If so I recommend out of town travel in the month of August!  LOL! 

I live in Dallas and have had to go down their a few times in June, July and August and it was absolutely horrible. Dallas is no bargain either, but San Antonio, Houston and any other south Texas gulf areas in the warm months are the worst in my opinion. Frankly, even without the heat, I didn’t care much for San Antonio at all, seemed kind of dirty to me.