Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

I7 4790k All cores ????

i used to set my 4k to 30hz  and vsync in p3d , curios about this scanline X/2 thing

open NVC changed refreshrate to 60HZ started P3D set vsync to off get 160 fps open RTSS set scanline X 

get 60fps then X/2 30fps then X2 120fps  , have used Riva for other things have not MSI AF inst only RTSS.

did not know how this worked , seems to work as advertised 

I have a lot of headroom CPU and GPU , only report what i see on my system

• Like 2

For me, RTSS works very well, looks very smooth, as does simply locking FPS to 30, until I pan around or I use TrackIR, which is like, always. Then the image produced on the screen is unwatchable.. at least to me. I always wondered why are other simmers, especially those who lock FPS at some low number or in this case use RTSS, not bothered by this. Am I the only one seeing this? Do you more or less just look ahead and don't pan around very often? What I'm seeing is some sort of ghosting effect (not exactly but the best I can do to describe it) which is completely absent if I use Unlimited FPS even if FPS falls to 30. I don't get it but that's my experience since P3D v2. In this time I changed 2 monitors and two GPUs (right now I have RTX 2080Ti), so it's not that. I do have the same CPU though - i7 4790k @ 4.5GHz. 

Edited by 0Artur0

On 5/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, Nyxx said:

I have the same CPU and I've found for me the best I can get P3D running that's not just fps but smooth with no stuttering is by using an AM of 85, that means P3D is using the main cores only and the FSL likes that, then using Windows task manager I put every addon on all the threads. Apart from sim objects, I let that use everything.

What resolution are you running?

7 minutes ago, Dash8Q4 said:

What resolution are you running?

I have changed all my addons to now run on all cores/threads but core 0. Sim Objects is still the expectation I still run that on everything.

FPS locked within the sim to 26 

AM=85

FFTF 0.10

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Gotcha, I'm running it at 4K and the sim bogs down to ~20FPS in Flytampa Toronto on the FSL320 regardless of what I do.

17 hours ago, Dash8Q4 said:

Gotcha, I'm running it at 4K and the sim bogs down to ~20FPS in Flytampa Toronto on the FSL320 regardless of what I do.

Toronto is an FPS heavy airport. Always has been imo and I would think 4k pushers it even harder even with a 2080.

Until cards like a 2080Ti are "affordable" for myself I will say at 1080 or 1440 max.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Toronto is an FPS heavy airport. Always has been imo and I would think 4k pushers it even harder even with a 2080.

Until cards like a 2080Ti are "affordable" for myself I will say at 1080 or 1440 max.

I'm stuck with this for now until I can convince the wife we need an upgrade(CPU,MOBO,RAM), or just run my 4790K at 5.0GHz 24/7 and induce it's death quicker and we'll be forced to upgrade haha.

I've found that running it with HT on and no AM works just fine so I will leave it like that and live with what I have. I got my eVGA card recently so hopefully I can do the step-up when the Supers come out. Fingers crossed.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:18 AM, 0Artur0 said:

For me, RTSS works very well, looks very smooth, as does simply locking FPS to 30, until I pan around or I use TrackIR, which is like, always. Then the image produced on the screen is unwatchable.. at least to me. I always wondered why are other simmers, especially those who lock FPS at some low number or in this case use RTSS, not bothered by this.

Is it possible that you have Vsync set in NVI as well?

Check the Nvidia profile and make sure it is set to "Application Controlled"..

Bert

On 6/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I don't use NVI anymore. In NVCP it's set to "Use the 3D application setting".

On 5/28/2019 at 3:29 PM, Twenty6 said:

My opinion. Don't go looking for a problem to solve unless you actually have one ( a problem.) Forget about AM's and Process Lasso and let P3D handle the housekeeping.

Well said. 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Some other user posted a video clip where the "effect" is really obvious... I'm pulling my hair out why is this happening (there must be a reason) and so many others can enjoy somehow smooth sim even below 30FPS. I'm looking at videos where folks have 24FPS and their panning is pretty smooth. At 24FPS in my P3D setup my eyes hurt.

Here's the short clip: https://imgur.com/dgWZFQO (watch in fullscreen)

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek

7 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Some other user posted a video clip where the "effect" is really obvious... I'm pulling my hair out why is this happening (there must be a reason) and so many others can enjoy somehow smooth sim even below 30FPS. I'm looking at videos where folks have 24FPS and their panning is pretty smooth. At 24FPS in my P3D setup my eyes hurt.

Here's the short clip: https://imgur.com/dgWZFQO (watch in fullscreen)

If you have fps below 30, you should reduce your P3D settings until you can comfortably maintain 30 fps as a start.

Just my opinion..

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you have fps below 30, you should reduce your P3D settings until you can comfortably maintain 30 fps as a start.

Just my opinion..

That's not the issue. I can maintain 40 in most situations but sometimes dip below to 30 or so... the problem is that closer to 30 it is more pronounced is the effect you can see in the link I posted. At 30 it's pretty much identical to the effect shown in video. I'd like to find out why is this happening since the panning should be much smoother at 30FPS.

1 minute ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'd like to find out why is this happening since the panning should be much smoother at 30FPS.

As you have found, that is not necessarily so..

Bert