Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Does Aerosoft know more ....

22 hours ago, GSalden said:

Mathijs could have simply written that AS has no part in it

That would technically have been dishonest.  🙂

The way is has been stated is honest and neutral.

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

That would technically have been dishonest.  🙂

The way is has been stated is honest and neutral.

LOL ... 😀

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

More circumstantial evidence about Aerosoft, but didn't Mathijs say in their A330 development forum post that they had to pull a bunch of developers off other projects in the last months because of a new "big corporate customer"?

😀

• Upvote 1

We have absolutely nothing to comment or say about this. Sorry -Dovetail Games

(sorry I just had to say it)

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

37 minutes ago, redgar said:

More circumstantial evidence about Aerosoft, but didn't Mathijs say in their A330 development forum post that they had to pull a bunch of developers off other projects in the last months because of a new "big corporate customer"?

😀

The plot thickens

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Additional fuel for the fire:  This is on Aerosoft's Facebook page this morning -- "Due to a seminar, the whole company is out of the house today and tomorrow and therefore not accessible until Monday."

Not joking.

• Like 2

Richard P. Kelly

On 6/12/2019 at 5:11 PM, GSalden said:

Mathijs could have simply written that AS has no part in it , like John V.

From his reaction and how he worded his answer, I have to strongly assume that that would have been a lie.

And since he doesn't want to lie he refuses to say anything.

Edited by Farlis

1 hour ago, untoweechja said:

Additional fuel for the fire:  This is on Aerosoft's Facebook page this morning -- "Due to a seminar, the whole company is out of the house today and tomorrow and therefore not accessible until Monday."

Not joking.

The topic of the seminar: "How to effectively keep quiet while under NDA". 😛

• Like 1

I can't help but be excited about this rather astonishing news - Microsoft back in the flight sim game.  I started with MSFS back in 1985 (Version 1).  Bought every new version over the years, except MSFS 1995. Did not even know about that supposed turkey, MS Flight, until I read about it in this Forum a number of years ago. 

In the 1990's, Microsoft stock was down to around $35/share.  Many stock splits later it's about $130/share.  The company was actually re-vitalized by it's cloud storage capabilities in recent years, and it saved their bacon.    

So it's a little surprising that  they would want to try to capture some of the flight sim crowd back into the fold. The obvious reason is XBOX:  They think they can glean some substantial profits from that market.  Why else would they dive back in?  And, it's very possible that cloud utilization will play a big part(?)  

But, as I currently use FSX-Steam, here's hoping that the new MSFS will also be a PC app... 

3 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

I can't help but be excited about this rather astonishing news - Microsoft back in the flight sim game.  I started with MSFS back in 1985 (Version 1).  Bought every new version over the years, except MSFS 1995. Did not even know about that supposed turkey, MS Flight, until I read about it in this Forum a number of years ago. 

In the 1990's, Microsoft stock was down to around $35/share.  Many stock splits later it's about $130/share.  The company was actually re-vitalized by it's cloud storage capabilities in recent years, and it saved their bacon.    

So it's a little surprising that  they would want to try to capture some of the flight sim crowd back into the fold. The obvious reason is XBOX:  They think they can glean some substantial profits from that market.  Why else would they dive back in?  And, it's very possible that cloud utilization will play a big part(?)  

But, as I currently use FSX-Steam, here's hoping that the new MSFS will also be a PC app... 

It's 100% going to be on PC. The Xbox release is a possibility for the next generation from what we know so far and that's obviously their goal. 

But PC is going to be the flagship from what Phil Spencer said. 

20 hours ago, GSalden said:

Surely you will not see FSX/XP/P3D aircraft in the new Sim. It is a little bit naive to think that.

Sooo... all we're basing this (bizzar) theory on, is the 'AS' registration on the planes in the trailer and a font, which has been analyzed as belonging to Aerosoft?! 😮

The confirmation of life on other planets, has had more proof than that...

Oh well.. 'We Believe... Because We Want To Believe!'

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

15 hours ago, irrics said:

This is a very different company and leadership right now and they are killing it and we should be excited about this.

Oh I am excited about this! I'm just not as ready to board the hype-train as some others are in here...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

It's not just the registration.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:53 PM, ckyliu said:

Of the aircraft featured in the preview video, several are existing releases by Aerosoft that they could've adapted and upgraded for FS2020 (as I am now calling it), specifically the Airbus A320 Neo, Piper Super Cub and Robin DR.400-180. All those products have good systems and flight dynamics [they would just need a graphic update]

On 6/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, ckyliu said:

The [Airbus] systems would appear to be more sophisticated than we've ever seen with a default aircraft. Aerosoft said the A330 was delayed because they were working on something secret for another company... I'm not saying it is just a straight port of their A320 Pro product, but it's likely it implements much of the systems code.

Then of course there's Aerosoft's Matthias none comment. So I don't see it a bizarre theory, it's beyond plausible, it's more likely than not that Aerosoft are involved in those birds.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Well, I guess that's there's nothing you can say, which will result in 'the believers' accepting something else... 

It kinda reminds me of the movie 'Life of Brian', where Brian, tried (unsuccessfully) to convince the people, that he's not The Messiah!

Brian: I'm not the Messiah!
Arthur: I say you are, Lord, and I should know, I've followed a few!
Crowd: Hail, Messiah!
Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen?! I'm not the Messiah, do you understand?!  Honestly!
Woman: Only the true Messiah denies his divinity!
Brian: What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me?! All right, I am the Messiah!
Crowd: He is! He is the Messiah!

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

10 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Well, I guess that's there's nothing you can say, which will results in 'the believers' in accepting something else... 

It kinda reminds me of the movie 'Life of Brian', where Brian, tried (unsuccessfully) to convince the people, that he's not The Messiah!

Fair point!

There are a few pointers that *suggest* rather than confirm that Aerosoft are involved. This being the biggest hint:

Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft Forum Administrator

Posted May 14

The work on the not yet announced project is coming to an end soon and then all modeling resources will be back on the A330 and we'll be able to give more feedback (and I will open the discussion again).  

I could be adding 2+2 and getting 500, but there are enough small little pieces of info noted in this thread that make it credible, rather than guaranteed fact.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter