Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Does Aerosoft know more ....

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

The Airbus cockpit shot in the MS2020 teaser video isn't even the Aerosoft Professional so I don't see why everyone thinks it's Aerosoft.

Actually, put yourself in their position. You have a 'Professional' version of your product. Are you going to include THAT as part of a larger package, or are you going to provide a lesser version, that people could use, enjoy, and then have a desire to upgrade to your 'Professional' version at a later date? It's called marketing, and it is a science and an art form that is all around you even when you don't realize it. Trust me on that one, the people where I work are absolute masters at it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I have only been doing this for 32 yrs so I don't have much to offer, but I think Aerosoft is in on it.  Now I realize that "Simbol" made some runway light textures and is now a "Developer" with far greater knowledge than the rest of us, but harken back to the days shortly after the "Flight" failure when AS was talking about their own sim they wanted to develop.  Think about it, they had the aircraft, they had the airports, scenery, enhancements, you name it.  Talk, Talk, Talk, then went dark. Why wouldn't MS want to tap into that if they were planning something new.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, irrics said:

I find this exceptionally exciting.

I mean how many of us really thought Microsoft was ever going to get back into the space?

This is fantastic if you ask me 

After the experience with "Flight" that Microsoft put a number of us through, I am not that excited (as yet..)  :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

After the experience with "Flight" that Microsoft put a number of us through, I am not that excited (as yet..)  :cool:

Yep, hence the skepticism from some, as I'm one right now, prove us wrong MS. prove us wrong.

Guys nothing about Microsoft as a company right now is even remotely similar to the regime that conceived of and released Flight

This is a very different company and leadership right now and they are killing it and we should be excited about this.

4 minutes ago, irrics said:

Guys nothing about Microsoft as a company right now is even remotely similar to the regime that conceived of and released Flight

This is a very different company and leadership right now and they are killing it and we should be excited about this.

I second that motion.  My new Surface Laptop 2 is the sleekest  piece of mobile tech that I have ever bought. My Macbook Air buddies even agree.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GSalden said:

Don’t agree with you on this one. AS has stated several years back that they were developing their own Flightsim, which then died a silent dead...

Mathijs is making Fog while a simple “No, we have nothing to do with it “ would be quiet accurate .... if that was the case.. 🤨

Yes. That is how I see that too. Read between the lines. Guys like Mathijs really know how to use exactly the right words. If he was intended to make it clear, he would stated it with clear words. He didn´t. At least Fog is what is left over. And I think behind the fog is some further information (under NDA). Also Microsoft has become great at marketing. The trailer, the time (FS EXPO), the eyecandy (exactly what the Flightsim Community would like to see - Nice clouds and skies, photoscenery, PBR, realworld). Not more, not less. The rest is guessing and unknown. Cheers Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

There is a simple answer, join the MS Insider group and get access to the upcoming beta's....😉

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Maybe Microsoft just acquired the 3D model of the Aerosoft Airbus. That is not exactly "working with", but quite logical IMHO. Even acquiring the whole thing is logical since the AS bus has that nice virtual checklist and co-pilot, which will excite many gamers. From a flight sim novice perspective, this aircraft is the perfect choice.

All the aircraft seen in the trailer must have come from somewhere, and maybe there are a handful of legacy aircraft addon developers out there who are quite happy now. Lockheed did the same thing with P3D. If there still is legacy code at work in the background, that would explain why some plane's instruments work in the trailer (the XML based ones) and other don't (the programmatic ones because there is no API yet). Personally I hope that this is not the case, and that MS just bought a couple of advanced 3D models and does the rest in house with new technology… This would also be consistent with Aerosoft having to pull a 3D designer from the A330 project for a while.

But of course this is Microsoft, and for them it is a non-issue to task a dozen designers with making them. Depends on what their overall strategy is. In-house development like Dovetail tried to do, curate 3rd party content, or… who knows. But they will always have the goal of it being accessible, "the gamer is at the center of our attention" they say. Can't have the gamer who just wants to play having to mess with his AntiVirus, two-phase authentication, copy files around, manage configuration settings etc.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

15 hours ago, simbol said:

I find this so funny.

Trust me when I say, no developers in the flying sim community has or had any idea of this coming out.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, CarlHill said:

I have only been doing this for 32 yrs so I don't have much to offer, but I think Aerosoft is in on it.  Now I realize that "Simbol" made some runway light textures and is now a "Developer" with far greater knowledge than the rest of us, but harken back to the days shortly after the "Flight" failure when AS was talking about their own sim they wanted to develop.  Think about it, they had the aircraft, they had the airports, scenery, enhancements, you name it.  Talk, Talk, Talk, then went dark. Why wouldn't MS want to tap into that if they were planning something new.

giphy.gif

I agree.

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Aerosoft could have some sort of involvement or were aware it was coming out for sure. I mean the post by the guy over at Aerosoft sounded like they do in a way but aren't allowed to talk about it any further at this time. If they didn't have anything to do with it, they could have just said that or did what PMDG did with their post. 

Also they kept the thread over there locked. 

Edited by MattGarner
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

7 minutes ago, MattGarner said:

Aerosoft could have some sort of involvement or were aware it was coming out for sure. I mean the post by the guy over at Aerosoft sounded like they do in a way but aren't allowed to talk about it anymore. If they didn't have anything to do with it, they could have just said that or did what PMDG did with their post. 

Carenado, Iris, JustFlight and Virtavia were "involved" with Prepar3D too, since some of their planes are in the initial default lineup. TMBK they never talked (=boasted) about that either. Nobody got worked up over that - why now with Aerosoft? Why would their "involvement" go any deeper than providing a default aircraft? The others could be Carenado or Vertx - or even Dovetail for all we know.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

21 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Carenado, Iris, JustFlight and Virtavia were "involved" with Prepar3D too, since some of their planes are in the initial default lineup. TMBK they never talked (=boasted) about that either. Nobody got worked up over that - why now with Aerosoft? Why would their "involvement" go any deeper than providing a default aircraft? The others could be Carenado or Vertx - or even Dovetail for all we know.

Best regards

I think you and me and have different ideas of people getting worked over it. I'm not getting worked over anything, I just find it interesting. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

14 hours ago, Wise87 said:

The Airbus cockpit shot in the MS2020 teaser video isn't even the Aerosoft Professional so I don't see why everyone thinks it's Aerosoft. The ND displays don't even move when the plane is pushed back from the gate.  

That's probably because that pushback, and a lot of the other shots in that video are most likely the loading intro for the sim rather than the actual sim itself running.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here