Jump to content

birdguy

Australia 2

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

On Monday I installed Orbx's Australia 2 and this morning  made a test flight from Aeropelican to Canberra at 2500 feet until I got to the mountains where I jumped to 4500 feet.  Just an hour flight but I have to say the cities and towns look more 'habitable'  than they do in the original Australia  More urban area covered and more three dimensional houses.

Yesterday I went to the Orbx limited user's forum to ask if I should uninstall all the original airport sceneries.  I was told to leave them where they are because updates for them will be coming soon to makem compatible with Australia 2.

I am just comparing the two sceneries for I know little about Australia.  When I was in the Air Force I spent a couple weeks at our Air Force Station in Alice Springs in the 60s but never got to see much of the country.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Upvote 1

A cranky old curmudgeon trying to cope in the wake turbulence of a century rapidly leaving me behind.

Share this post


Link to post

I am looking forward to getting this one, long overdue overhaul on their part


Matthew Kane

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've taken a few flights and it looks good. Didn't do a cost-benefit analysis, but I like it. Bought both Australia v1 (Blue) and v2 on the days they were first offered!

Share this post


Link to post

"Bought both Australia v1 (Blue) and v2 on the days they were first offered!"

Me too, even though I live in Europe and have never been to Australia, but I think it's a very beautiful place to fly. Mountains, Citiscapes, Outback, Forests, Great Barrier reef, you have it all and with ORBX's AI, which include both civil, GA and military ai, installed it really comes alive.

  • Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

yep  coming  from melb  auv2  is  a lot  better  especially  the  city  during the  night

0GsvF9S.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

 

Peter kelberg

Share this post


Link to post

Years later I had a chance to visit Australia and New Zealand in a professional capacity and jumped at the opportunity. Hence you see my profile picture under the Sydney Harbour bridge.

Flying over the countries made me feel like I was there before. Loved the people as well as the topography after personally meeting both.

Thank you ORBX.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, birdguy said:

Yesterday I went to the Orbx limited user's forum to ask if I should uninstall all the original airport sceneries.  I was told to leave them where they are because updates for them will be coming soon to makem compatible with Australia 2.

I am just comparing the two sceneries for I know little about Australia.  When I was in the Air Force I spent a couple weeks at our Air Force Station in Alice Springs in the 60s but never got to see much of the country.

In their forums they said there may be some elevation issues with ORBX airports resulting from use of higher-resolution mesh.  Did you see any significant problems with the current airport sceneries on Ausv2?

In a previous life I flew resupply runs into YBAS in the C-141.  Ah, the good old days.

Regards


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, w6kd said:

In their forums they said there may be some elevation issues with ORBX airports resulting from use of higher-resolution mesh.  Did you see any significant problems with the current airport sceneries on Ausv2?

In a previous life I flew resupply runs into YBAS in the C-141.  Ah, the good old days.

Regards

Hi Bob,

I dropped into a few but noticed no problems whatsoever. Cairns, Hervey Bay, Melbourne (I own 3 in the area) and multiple in Tasmania.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I dropped into a few but noticed no problems whatsoever. Cairns, Hervey Bay, Melbourne (I own 3 in the area) and multiple in Tasmania.

OK, thanks Stephen.  I think I'll give it some time before i consider upgrading just to let everything catch up.

Cheers


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, w6kd said:

OK, thanks Stephen.  I think I'll give it some time before i consider upgrading just to let everything catch up.

Cheers

don't  forget  they  will be updating  their  airports  to  match  the  v2  version  

  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

 

Peter kelberg

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, w6kd said:

In a previous life I flew resupply runs into YBAS in the C-141.  Ah, the good old days.

And they still operate, into YBAS every Tuesday, but has been a C-17 since about 2003!

Share this post


Link to post

I have not yet noticed any elevation anomalies in my Australia 2 flights Bob.

Noel 


A cranky old curmudgeon trying to cope in the wake turbulence of a century rapidly leaving me behind.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, birdguy said:

I have not yet noticed any elevation anomalies in my Australia 2 flights Bob.

Noel 

Me neither. All looks good so far. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...