Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

A suggestion to the FS2020 developers

41 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

None of us know if there are RL pilots in the MS Game Studios or not.  Another example of an uninformed guess or speculation. Why don't we give it a chance instead of trying to disassemble it before it's even built?

Great Goodness. This has only been in the light less than a week and we are already building camps on both sides of the issue.

Have an open mind until you see what's going to happen.

To ease everyone's concerns, it's been confirmed the development team has several RL pilots on it. They mentioned this in an interview. 

I'm sure someone can provide the link if they remember exactly which one it was. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2

Thank  you for confirming this. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Thank  you for confirming this. 

He's right, it's said by Phil Spencer on that interview:

Why did you bring Flight Simulator back? What led to that moment?

We do have some pilots on the teams that are big fans of flight, and flight sims, and flying themselves, who are passionate about it, so we said, 'okay, let's see what we can do'.

https://www.pcgamer.com/xboxs-phil-spencer-on-game-pass-steam-and-the-epic-games-store/2/

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I will the play the devil's advocate 😈 . That reminds me of some of our dear aircraft developers blurbs : "our aircraft has been tested by real pilots". 😄

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

So, you want Microsoft to mimic a game that sold less than 20K copies?  

I didn't make myself clear. This is not about "mimicking", it is about bringing to the new sim what could be done 10 years ago about physics and aerodynamics and ATC. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

we are already building camps on both sides of the issue.

Have an open mind until you see what's going to happen.

I don't see any camps 😉. I see some aspiration of us all for a significantly better sim, adressing issues that their early trailer doesn't cover.

Dominique

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'd actually like to add something else to this discussion. Austin Meyer is a nut about airplanes and it shows all the way through XP11. Bruce Artwick and his band of ACES also were airplane afficianados. And then there's LM, a giant aerospace company. They have to know something about aircraft, pilotage and all that technical stuff.

And then there's MS Game Studios. Are they hoping that the Insider program will attract enough RL pilots that they won't need any inhouse expertise? I hope not.

Dont underestimate Microsoft and its resources. Sure, it all depends on how serious they gonna tackle this, but be assured, if Microsoft would be really determined to create a study-level-hardcore-whatsoever aircraft for MSFS, it would blow everything out of the water, FSLabs and PMDG included. They have the coders, they have the connections within the industry and they have the money. They could hire the airbus lead engineer for flightsystems or even the chief test pilot as consultants, or Captain Sully just to ensure that ditching on the hudson feels like real. Heck, they could even buy an A320 in order to 3D scan all parts and record switch sounds in the cockpit and then use it as a playground in their inhouse day nursery, and you wouldnt even spot this expense on the annual balance sheet....

I dont say they gonna do it, but its not like they cant match what Laminar or LM produces just because they are only a "game studio"

Edited by Woozie
  • Upvote 2

Not to mention the clouds in the trailer already look better than any in XP ever have. 

Edited by irrics

It seems to be forgotten, that LM still has the study level license, so MS has the entertainment version. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

4 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Maybe, for further FU discussions, take it to another form? such as The Outer Marker? (as this forum is about MFS)

Outer Marker??  Wobbie don't know where he is!:wacko:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

It seems to be forgotten, that LM still has the study level license, so MS has the entertainment version. 

totally irrelevant in this case, the license defines the type of customer LM is allowed to target, but not the level of realism in the sim itself. Besides, i doubt that the license agreement will apply to a newly developed sim, i'm pretty sure its only tied to the ESP platform

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Study level and entertainment are not mutually exclusive, but i guess you meant the commercial/professional license. But LM has only bought the ESP license, so MS can of course sell a "professional" flight simulator based on a new platform which is independent of ESP.

Edited by Airboeing

Did I get lost? 

I must practice my VFR planning.. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

50 minutes ago, domkle said:

I don't see any camps 😉. I see some aspiration of us all for a significantly better sim, adressing issues that their early trailer doesn't cover.

I agree. I thought that I brought up a valid discussion point about real world pilots (notice I didn’t say anything about MSGS having or not having any on their internal team) and the response I got was that I was attacking MS. Thanks to those who subsequently responded with factual quotes and information.

26 minutes ago, Airboeing said:

But LM has only bought the ESP license, so MS can of course sell a "professional" flight simulator based on a new platform which is independent of ESP.

Just a dumb question: Does MS need any license at all? As far as I know they've licensed (not sold) the ESP code to LM to develop and distribute a simulator for professional use. That's it. MS still are the owner of all the code, FSX as well as ESP (minus what LM has contributed over the years, of course).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11