Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

44 minutes ago, kymh said:

My load time today was 21 minutes and 25 seconds of which 17 minutes and 50 seconds was just looking at 6%.

Did you install the HotFix too?  It should help with that long gaze you have now at the 6% point.

Greg

Edited by lownslo
Add clarity

I'm not sure about the hotfix? but Central 4.0.0 has been updated to 4.0.2

I've just restored my add-ons.cfg, scenery.cfg, scenery_add-ons.xml, SceneryStatus.bin and terrain.cfg

That has put me back to 4minute and 39 second load time from 21 minutes and 25 seconds mentioned above and also, the ground looks lovely once again after departing from EGLL.

I'm reinstalling FTX Central 3.3.9.2, uninstalling 4.02 and then undoing everything else Central 4 did yesterday.

I might try again later but as always, thanks to my daily backups of everything (recommending AOMEI Backupper Pro which has saved my life on many an occasion).

Extremely disappointed with ORBX on this one though.
Having purchased over 120 of their products I don't expect to be a BETA Tester unless something is noted as being BETA.

Without my daily backups I don't know how much time this would have cost me.

Sorry, I was referring to the P3Dv4.5 HotFix.  If you haven't added it you really should... makes life a lot better! 🥂

Greg

2 hours ago, kymh said:

Scary indeed Stan.

I've just loaded P3Dv4.5 for the first time since upgrading to Central 4.02.

I have an 8700K CPU at 5000Mhz with 32GB RAM and an RTX 2080 TI overclocked with 11GB RAM.

Everything is on SSD.

Prior to ORBX Central 4.02, my load time for the TFDI 717 at EGLL was 5 minutes and 7seconds and everything looked great with all things ORBX.

My load time today was 21 minutes and 25 seconds of which 17 minutes and 50 seconds was just looking at 6%

If that's not bad enough, Once I'm out of the airport all the ground textures look like garbage.

I'm not sure what I'll do from here, try to restore from my backups, spend a day or so investigating what ORBX has done to me or spend a month reinstalling P3D.

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME 😞

Hello,

intriguing as well as disappointing.

Did all this happen just because you installed and ran Orbx Central or did you do something else,

migrate all of your 120 products for example?

16 hours ago, gsand said:

They put an addon.xml in each individual folder:

Hello Gerald,

would you mind posting/sending me via PM one of those add-on.xml files (from a scenery product)? I would like to check something.

Many thanks and best regards

LORBY-SI

I did not migrate, just installed FTX Central 4 and let it update three or four airports

Working fine for me. I have migrated everything into the new library system - no problems and no noticeable increase in load times.

But then I only have a a dozen or so ORBX addons, not hundreds...

Edited by Speedbird 217

On 8/5/2019 at 11:40 PM, SolRayz said:

Ok thank you Jorge. Atleast I know I'm not alone. I was planning on writing on Orbx forum, but I don't feel like waiting a month for a response. 

If you don’t make them aware how are they to know to fix it??

Edited by brucefriday123
  • Upvote 1

On 8/5/2019 at 11:40 PM, SolRayz said:

Ok thank you Jorge. Atleast I know I'm not alone. I was planning on writing on Orbx forum, but I don't feel like waiting a month for a response. 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:44 PM, aeronauta said:

Plus you get the BN brigade that never finds anything wrong and....

Someone will find it and complain ...will see...

Jorge

As pointed out, if you do not inform developers of a problem, then they cannot help you fix it.

Edited by Reader

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Gerald,

would you mind posting/sending me via PM one of those add-on.xml files (from a scenery product)? I would like to check something.

Many thanks and best regards

My pleasure, PM on the way.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

2 hours ago, brucefriday123 said:

If you don’t make them aware how are they to know to fix it??

1 hour ago, Reader said:

As pointed out, if you do not inform developers of a problem, then they cannot help you fix it.

I have , and no answer as yet, reading their support forum I can see the number of people having my download problem increasing , only if you had all orbx installed in your p3d folder a migration would be possible , I did not (fresh install) ... that is why I try to install using my previous manual downloads , it fails and downloads everything again... I dont know how this product that purports to install everyrhing outside the P3D folder requires an orbx folder inside P3D (See forum) , also Vector cannot detect scenery outside the P3D folder (see forum) so it does not work ...you have to read the workarounds ...it is a new product , should have never passed beta... whoever managed this team is due for a sacking...

Jorge

• Like 2

I think the same thing but didn’t want to say.

How...just how would something this big, in such an absolute mess that it is, ever ever get through “ months” of BETA testing..

seriously....how?

because if you took a random 10 testers...1 will be useful 

9 are just non inputting software sponges that offer nothing but to gain free software.....leaving this pile of steaming “matter” to be released to public who had to pay full whack for the software...only to be left in this position.

well shucks, guess there’s a lot to thank the TESTERS for eh?...

a minging poor show all round.

Oh, and this has happened how many times now?

and every time orbx decide to have a good idea, why does it always, every time, cause massive problems, and those problems are just dumped in customers lap to deal with when it was orbx themselves to cause the problem in the 1st place!

....then, naturally we get angry.

god forbid you vent on there forum. They’ll take your thousands of dollars though, no problem, but vent and you’ll be thrown in the cellar.

just a joke..

• Like 1

Luke Pype

I must admit that after running the new Orbx Central my load time went from 4 minutes to 22 minutes hanging on the famous 6% point. So i did a re-arrange with scenery config editor 1.1.9 and made several backups. Loading time was back to normal.

Then i discovered in Orbx Central in settings insertion point. I changed Airport and regions insertion point to the same point as i did in scenery config editor. THAT did the trick!. Loading time is still great (4minutes) after i run Orbx central. So i suggest play with insertion point but leave Global openLC defautlt( Orbx Products and regions)

Kind regards,

Bouwe

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

hmm i havent touch Central yet . Is there an option to not update (cancel)?

I use Lorbi´s great Scenery Configurator which works great. Is there problems with this software  after the update to 4.0 ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

btw . i have a lot of stuff in documents/P3Dv4 Add-ons/ from FSDT etc. Is this a bad installation by the developer?

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Using  p3dv4.4   downloaded   with no issues,  took awhile  to update  all my airports   etc, no issues  went into sim loaded  fsl labs 320 into orbx ymml (auv2) loaded  with in  2  minutes to  gate

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg