Sign in to follow this  
C525B

Repaints for V4.2: AirNet OC, untitled cargo bird, N31GJ, N604S

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Yeah - PSP doesn’t recognize the “AO Multiply” layer in the PS paint kit - so I’ll have to play with that as well - we do have “Multiply” which is pretty close - I’ll just have to tweak the other layers which I’ve done before on numerous occasions...

Ah that's a bummer.  I have Photoshop CC and no issue there.  @Wickedbacon92 ??

29 minutes ago, C525B said:

want to paint that one actually...I used to work out of the FBO where it was based.  This was a few years ago...different operator, different airport.

Edit: Looks like 8JN has new paint... This is how it looked when I knew it. I need to figure out how to get the chameleon effect on that middle stripe.

Yeah, it looks like Hanger 32 owns it now, current paint is similar to when you knew her, looks pretty sharp now too. https://flightaware.com/photos/view/507779-606676fd3ed27738b8a55830906977020cd330e9/aircrafttype/LJ35

Evidently MEDEVAC does not have the same speed restrictions, just followed her down from KFAT and heading into KMYF at 6,300 ft still was clocking 344 mph.

6 hours ago, C525B said:

Ah that's a bummer.  I have Photoshop CC and no issue there.  @Wickedbacon92 ??

AO Multiply is just the name of the group of layers, it is set to a Multiply layer style. 
Only named like that in case someone switched the layer style by mistake, as a reminder to always keep that group on Multiply.

Edited by Wickedbacon92

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

5 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Evidently MEDEVAC does not have the same speed restrictions, just followed her down from KFAT and heading into KMYF at 6,300 ft still was clocking 344 mph. 

Interesting.  A while back I asked Joe if MEDEVAC a/c, which is what he flies, have different speed restrictions -- he said definitely not.

I suppose though that a true emergency would be a different situation.

Al

@ark @MartinRex007  Joe is correct, there's no waiver or exemption for the 250 under 10k rule for any civilian aircraft in US airspace.  ATC usually gives direct and priority to medevac, but they still have to follow the rules.

P.S. IF you were wondering (warning: nerd lecture follows) Flightaware is just showing radar-derived ground speed, which is all it knows because it gets all its data from FAA ETMS (a "god's eye view" aggregation of all U.S. ATC radar data) fused with various users' home ADS-B receivers.  330 mph is about 290kts which is pretty close to the TAS you'd see at 250 KIAS at 7000', so nothing too crazy there.

P.P.S. ETMS also includes ASDE-X (ground radar) data, so there are actually "ground radar feeds" for U.S. airports so equipped......  www.airportviewer.com

@MatzeH84  I think the PMDG J-41 had the Honeywell GNS-XLS.  A better example is the MJC Q400 which has the UNS-1.  The bezel looks similar but the UNS-1 does more stuff and is more common.

Edited by C525B
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I knew ATC can and does give priority to MEDEVAC when requested, but wasn't sure about speed restrictions, thanks for clearing that up ;-)

Cheers

Martin

Interesting. In Europe ATC can lift speed restrictions. Saw that happen in FRA, LHR, MAD and TLS also.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Hi Folks,

One conversation I found interesting with my AirNet CFI - the bulk of their cargo was bank checks but they also did medical transport for human organs and such - was a discussion on weather - he said there was no such thing as a "no-go" for weather - they would certainly check it but they were flying no matter what - pretty heady talk for a simple private pilot trainee - where EVERYTHING revolved around the weather and the all critical "go/no-go" decision...

6 hours ago, Wickedbacon92 said:

AO Multiply is just the name of the group of layers, it is set to a Multiply layer style. 
Only named like that in case someone switched the layer style by mistake, as a reminder to always keep that group on Multiply.

Thanks WB - glad you labeled them - made it easier to set them correctly - for some reason my import couldn't identify the correct layer types... I messed with this last night - the only other layer that took some adjustment was the "emissive" layer - had a weird glow - changed to to "soft light" and it appeared a bit closer to the paints you included in the pack... All good on my end... Nice job on the paint kit...

Oh - one more question - Mark's original paints had a whole bunch of what appeared to be black slots or dashes on the outboard topside panels of the wings - they seem to be missing from yours - just curious which is more appropriate ???

Thanks again for all your wonderful work...

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

(N31GJ)     I was just wondering why the tail Medical emblem has these jagged edges on it. Did it just wear down like that or

is that the intention..?    I did a brief search and the emblems are full .  

Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

11 minutes ago, rickgo said:

(N31GJ)     I was just wondering why the tail Medical emblem has these jagged edges on it. Did it just wear down like that or

is that the intention..?    I did a brief search and the emblems are full .  

Rick

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8365358

Hi Dave,

Hah - nicely done ! That's going the extra mile...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Cool detail, evidently it's worn because this photo shows it as you would imagine it would look like. It actually looks like it might be taped on, so makes sense after a while it would look like that.

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/918527/n31gj-global-jetcare-inc-learjet-36

Edited by MartinRex007

Hi Dave,

Thanks for making your repaints available for us to enjoy. They look really great!

On 8/20/2019 at 12:34 AM, C525B said:

N31GJ is a medevac bird...there's a lot of Lear 35s flying around in the air ambulance role.  I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin' it sure would be neat if @Flysimware felt like making a medical interior...🤨

Stunning job on those, especially the 1GJ livery.  I'm flying as LN31GJ right now actually online at PilotEdge! LAX - MRY

(somewhere north of santa barbara)

48596582646_45d299d904_o.pngmedivac by ryan b, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |