Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

thanks

5 hours ago, in2tech said:

And waht's really funny is I am old and don't even know how to use The Twitter 🙂

😂I guess I belong to the younger generation in here but I‘ve no idea how to use that thing either.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Mera Peak, Nepal

blOPnmL.jpg0lWIWyD.jpg

• Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Mera Peak, Nepal

I can't wait to fly with an Airbus H125 over that zone...oh wait 😅

6 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Southeast of Cañas, Costa Rica

mY8OgSW.jpg59gFSmd.jpg

Now that I open my eyes wider and look more carefully at the screenshots with vegetation zones, as Shack95 said, Asobo are using vegetation points and not areas (polygons). 

To my knowledge, vegetation polygons can`t reproduce the result we see here... It`s more precise thus it is amazingly generated as it seems, from vegetation points from the AI scanning.

I was mistaken and if this is the case, then this is so impressive indeed.

• Like 2

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

Now that I open my eyes wider and look more carefully at the screenshots with vegetation zones, as Shack95 said, Asobo are using vegetation points and not areas (polygons). 

To my knowledge, vegetation polygons can`t reproduce the result we see here... It`s more precise thus it is amazingly generated as it seems, from vegetation points from the AI scanning.

I was mistaken and if this is the case, then this is so impressive indeed.

It looks superb. I hope they can bring good diversity to the vegetation to make you really feel like you are flying in unique locations.

26 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

It looks superb. I hope they can bring good diversity to the vegetation to make you really feel like you are flying in unique locations.

Yes. In fact the trees evolved from evergreen only to be more or less 3 types (for now)? 

32 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

This is precisely the challenge now. They have said for a few months now that their AI can tag individual trees ( 3x10^12  !) but they have still to show that it can predict varieties and heights. The AI job is all about prediction from scanning and self-learning from validation.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

This is precisely the challenge now. They have said for a few months now that their AI can tag individual trees ( 3x10^12  !) but they have still to show that it can predict varieties and heights. The AI job is all about prediction from scanning and self-learning from validation.  

I was most probably mistaken about vegetation zones vs point based scanning 🙂

Now I don't want to suggest anything here but I will be very very very surprised and impressed if the AI brings height and types!

My suppositions that could be again wrong, is that these are based on Asobo's procedural script rules and or from another world vegetation census but, again, I could be wrong... Again...

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

I was most probably mistaken about vegetation zones vs point based scanning 🙂

Now I don't want to suggest anything here but I will be very very very surprised and impressed if the AI brings height and types!

My suppositions that could be again wrong, is that these are based on Asobo's procedural script rules and or from another world vegetation census but, again, I could be wrong... Again...

I am not privy to what the BlackShark.ai  can do and what Asobo uses it for. What we can reasonably say is that

- MS wouldn't have  called a company specialized in applying  AI to a 3D semantic representation of the planet just to do sceneries the old fashion way.

- You use AI to predict, to interpret, to fill gaps of information.  Predicting variety and height of trees will become an important tool to  manage forests (against fires for instance). It is complex but certainly not impossible specially when you run your AI on a 20K computers network  😋

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Trisul, India

e0WJIi0.jpgJeLPHB9.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Trisul, India

Are you getting hints from the photographers? Cause how you manage to find these places is an unsolvable mystery for me...

In any case keep them coming!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I am not privy to what the BlackShark.ai  can do and what Asobo uses it for. What we can reasonably say is that

- MS wouldn't have a called a company specialized in applying  AI to a 3D semantic representation of the planet just to do sceneries the old fashion way.

- You use AI to predict, to interpret, to fill gaps of information.  Predicting variety and height of trees will become an important tool to  manage forests (against fires for instance). It is complex but certainly not impossible specially when you run your AI on a 20K computers network  😋

You are right, the BlackShark eventual partnership made me wonder why MS wants an external studio to manage its Azure AI imagery scanning and data building for a virtual world generation. 

I am wondering if they want to take the whole thing beyond MSFS. I do not know what agreements they have with Asobo but who knows, the world engine could be a long term project for more than just our dear simulator.

Or is it that internally they are not able to manage the data augmentation demands Asobo requires for their features.

Interesting story to follow for sure.

15 minutes ago, Darcanlos said:

Are you getting hints from the photographers?

Unfortunately not 😅. Once you‘ve found the region it‘s often quite easy. You notice it instantly when you „fly“ over the right spot in Earth View. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darcanlos said:

Are you getting hints from the photographers? Cause how you manage to find these places is an unsolvable mystery for me...

In any case keep them coming!

I wonder the same! 

Hi @Shack95, the ORDCHI2 image is here, in case you may want to get a bing satellite view of it: (that's ORD to the right).

Y6wryBP.png

I am on Mac and don't have Bing 3D view I think, here is a google earth comparison:

ORDCHI2.jpg

yu2F27h.png

• Like 6