Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Twitch content creators invited to Seattle by MS

Not so much a hermit, but a question of age cohort. Kids these days.... 😉

31 minutes ago, domkle said:

I had to go to Wikipedia to know who is Pewdiepie 😁 ! I am always amazed to see how many worlds live side by side on social networks without knowing each others. That or I've really become a hermit.

Edited by Paraffin
  • Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I've never heard of Pewdie-whatever.   I think it is on-topic and relevant to this thread, since he's a streamer-gamer and that is (apparently) the type of people that were invited to MS. 

I also think that whatever MS can do to market MSFS is a good thing for all of us, even if it is through some wunderkind gamers who otherwise are just "famous for being famous".  Ugh.  I don't like the thought of it.  But on the other hand, it's good to expand the audience.  A few of them won't be transitory gamers, some may stick around and become actual simmers. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I agree with you Rhett that we are actually full in the topic. And Keven, being a developer and all, maybe listening to your customer base when they are shooting the breeze about the new medias migth be useful. Who knows ? But enough of that.

Now, the 64 000 dollars  question,

If there was a preview for streamers, were other medias invited to Redmont ? Like, for instance, some of the mods of  a very large forum specialized in flight simulation 😇 ? 

And if, underlining the if, some of the streamer open their kimono on Monday, what about the mods ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Reader said:

Once upon a time, people gained fame and sometimes notoriety by doing exceptional things.

These days apparently it is enough to be famous for being famous.

Mind boggling isn’t it? I can understand fame if you can play golf like Tiger Woods or basketball like Michael Jordan, but to gain fame and notoriety without having any type of remarkable skill or talent is kind of amazing. Even more amazing to me is the millions of people who grant these people the fame or who see any type of value in following them, like the Kardashian’s.

FWIW, I’d never heard of pewdiepie either and after reading a brief synopsis, have no interest.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Are streamers going to give us new video footage on Monday (or any time soon)? I very much doubt it, but if it happens great!

Edited by MatthewS
Spelling

Matthew S

7 hours ago, domkle said:

At 70 yo I've become extremely selective about what I read, listen to or watch, including on social networks. It makes life more pleasant. After having read the article on him in wiki, I feel conforted. Life is too short to know about people like him.

I completely respect that, at my age, I have no like for things older people like; likewise, older people have no use for Pewdiepie or "millennial humor",

(even if he is extremely funny and genuine/down-to-earth, which is why he's so popular.).

And your approach to life is quite smart.

I'm glad we can all agree that Flight Simming is amazing, though. That is, apparently, timeless.

Edited by Concodroid

8 minutes ago, Concodroid said:

older people have no use for Pewdiepie or "millennial humor"

Too much "f" this and "f" that with a lot of Youtubers and streamers. 

Frankly I think a lot of them should be demonetised or suspended for profanity in a public space (ie Youtube and Twitch).

Edited by MatthewS
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matthew S

Wow MatthewS. Finally something we agree on. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

This has gone way off topic so time to close.  There's a similar thread about invites to Seattle.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10