Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

1 minute ago, Milviz said:

I totally disagree with you on this....  We're working closely with the USAF (and others) and they LOVE VR as a training tool... If we could afford it, we'd have all of our devs using it...  it really does immerse you in the sim.

So....maybe Microsoft can get a little piece of cake from the commercial market too....that could (should?) be a case then!

;-). Again I have no numbers of market/usage VR. I just want to chime here to become VR in MSFS2020 as I really liked what I saw but I am knowing not wanting to go back to 2D Screen

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

I did not start this topic to convince someone why VR should be implemented based on numbers.......but that it should be implemented based on a existing community (although maybe a smaller community) who wants to enjoy the new sim too, but with VR please. Not more and not less.

And I would also recommend the Flightsimmers to try VR out! It is stunning. I always thought VR is having my 2D screen in my HMD. But it is not. It is 3D surrounding me. For those who did not try they might not be able to imagine what that means. So I would like to make some "marketing" to try it out and then decide after a couple of days if it is worth it or not. HP Reverb has a 30 Day return policy...........no money waste if you are not convinced.

I know, but mine was also an answer to your question in the topic subject, supported by at least some numbers. So, no, VR is not a mainstream thing yet. And while it surely has advantanges and it is a great thing, the cost it has, the hardware it requires and the fact not every game can be converted or being VR supported probably also gives a hint of why they are not mainstream yet.

I am happy if you get VR in this sim too, but i am saying that with or without VR this is a sim that is worth being played. 

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 minute ago, FlyerNYC said:

Maybe people should just stop whining about VR all the time...

Well, this IS a VR thread. 😄

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just now, FlyerNYC said:

Why are you thinking to help fellow simmers with this kind of reaction? Why is chiming about VR bothering you? Does it take something away from you? Does it harm you. Rediculous and useless post. Sorry for being straight. But posting here should help eachother and not complaining about VR users who wanted to chime to become the possbility to use VR in a new SIM. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

22 minutes ago, france89 said:

The steam hardware survey lists VR present in around 1% of all those who partecipated in the survey.
Even LR statistics back then showed that VR was quite irrelevant yet.

The Steam stats are not a good indicator. I have a few VR headsets and most of the time they're not hooked up to my PC. My PC is often on and logged into Steam though. I think this would be recorded as a user without a VR headset.

The Navigraph flight sim user survey seems like a more reliable source of data. There were 15k respondents, so a reasonable sample size.

https://download.navigraph.com/docs/navigraph-flightsim-community-survey-2018-final.pdf

In 2018, 11% of flight simmers who answered own a VR headset for flight simulation. (Page 73)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nickhod said:

The Steam stats are not a good indicator. I have a few VR headsets and most of the time they're not hooked up to my PC. My PC is often on and logged into Steam though. I think this would be recorded as a user without a VR headset.

The Navigraph flight sim user survey seems like a more reliable source of data. There were 15k respondents, so a reasonable sample size.

https://download.navigraph.com/docs/navigraph-flightsim-community-survey-2018-final.pdf

In 2018, 11% of flight simmers who answered own a VR headset for flight simulation. (Page 73)

Thanks for sharing an clarifying. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

Thanks for your considered and erudite input on the topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nickhod said:

Thanks for your considered and erudite input on the topic.

Glad to help 🙂

VR makes me dizzy...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

only chime here if you want to support the VR Flightsim-Community

Say that again ? You want to restrict this FS20 thread to people praising VR  ? Not likely.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, fta2017 said:

Asobo is a Microsoft Hololens developer and have a VR team in-house. https://www.asobostudio.com/games/fragments

So rest assured, the sky is not falling on our VR heads, support will be coming 🙂 

I know. I just want to make sure it comes sooner than later...;-). But thanks for clarifying and supporting. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This is a VR Support Forum (read the 1. two posts please). It has nothing to do with gate keeping. I haven´t any numbers how big the VR community is, how much use VR without Sickness and with sickness. Or have you? So useless to post it here. There is a VR flightsimm community here and I just want to chime to become VR as an option in MSFS2020. 

And yes, I am sorry for those who can´t use it for such reasons. But this isn´t the topic in this thread.

I want VR in MSFS just as much as you do, but that doesn't mean I can't express valid arguments as to why VR is not mainstream in this supposedly VR only thread.