Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

Lots of overreactions here.  Allow me to salt your hot-takes with a dose of reality:

1) The sim is still in development

2) They didn't say "this sim will not support VR", they said "it DOESN'T support it" as in present-tense

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

2) They didn't say "this sim will not support VR", they said "it DOESN'T support it" as in present-tense

So is there a problem making it known that this is a highly desired feature for some? I think it's just as legitimate and timely as the "What we want" thread.

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

So is there a problem making it known that this is a highly desired feature for some? I think it's just as legitimate and timely as the "What we want" thread.

No, in fact I'm all for the inclusion of VR in MSFS.  I'm just saying: don't over-react.  The sim isn't out yet, and MS/Asobo didn't say "we will never include VR, we hate it, and we hate anyone that uses it!" as some people here seem to have interpreted the situation.

10 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

No, in fact I'm all for the inclusion of VR in MSFS.  I'm just saying: don't over-react.  The sim isn't out yet, and MS/Asobo didn't say "we will never include VR, we hate it, and we hate anyone that uses it!" as some people here seem to have interpreted the situation.

I missed that part of the thread: somebody will have to point it out to me.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

I missed that part of the thread: somebody will have to point it out to me.

I guess we have different interpretations of the actions of some posters in this thread.  I'm not saying everyone is doing this, but some have.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I'm not seeing your narrative of overreactions play out here...

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

14 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

The very first post is an over-reaction.  "Aaaad there's my hopes dashed against the rocks. Not even "no VR from the start, but it will definitely come with an update"."

The first person that responded, also said a few posts later "no VR no MSFS 2020 for me".

It's too early to say that there absolutely won't be VR in MSFS.  All the devs are saying is that it's not there right now.  People are reading too much into limited information, and reacting.  I would call that over-reacting.  If you have a better term I'm happy to listen but at this point it's really a semantic argument.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

also said a few posts later "no VR no MSFS 2020 for me".

That statement is not an "overreaction" at all.

Many people who love VR may simply feel exactly that way.

I'm nearly one of them myself.  

Once 2D simming doesn't "do it" for you, no amount of eye candy through the 2D interaction experience really matters anymore.

The immersion of VR is simply next level.  

It would be a particular shame to not have VR in a sim that's going to be SO amazing for VFR like the new MSFS, so I really hope they're working towards it and just don't want to say more about that yet.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, fta2017 said:

Furthermore, the whole MS Flight Simulator 2020 initiative was born out of an internal MS VR project - https://theaircurrent.com/technology/exploring-the-big-sky-microsoft-is-creating-for-flight-simulator-2020/

This! I watched the video where Neumann says he was inside the colisseum and machu pichu in VR and he had the idea for a flight sim, and at the end we won´t have VR? 

All the actual flight sims have VR. You name it: P3D, Xplane 11, DCS, Il2-Sturmovik, AeroflyFS2, rise of flight, Flyinside flight simulator... It´s implemented in all of them because VR lovers are a bunch (like 3D Tvs) and see no future in VR /s off.

It has no sense to have the most amazing and innovative flightsim in 2020 with no VR. No sense at all.

For me, like many others here, there´s no way back to flat screen. Don´t get me wrong I´ll buy MSFS because I want to support it, but not having VR at launch is a huge disappointment (I´m pretty sure we´ll get there at some point sooner than later tho). But my flights we´ll be limited to "testing" in a flat screen.

Cheers

Carlos

PD: I don´t get those "visual" reproaches about the resolution of the actual headsets. I can read all the gauges without a problem in my VR cockpit, use my GTN750 inside and do the checklist without taking off the headsets, Sure is not 4K but with a Rift S the resolution (at 1.6 SS) is more than enough to enjoy it, and there are even better headsets out there.

Edited by chass32
  • Like 3

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

42 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Me neither. Just a part of the sim community who wants VR implemented. As one of the hundreds of wishes here on avsim stated.....not more and not less

• Like 5

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, chass32 said:

This! I watched the video where Neumann says he was inside the colisseum and machu pichu in VR and he had the idea for a flight sim, and at the end we won´t have VR? 

All the actual flight sims have VR. You name it: P3D, Xplane 11, DCS, Il2-Sturmovik, AeroflyFS2, rise of flight, Flyinside flight simulator... It´s implemented in all of them because VR lovers are a bunch (like 3D Tvs) and see no future in VR /s off.

It has no sense to have the most amazing and innovative flightsim in 2020 with no VR. No sense at all.

For me, like many others here, there´s no way back to flat screen. Don´t get me wrong I´ll buy MSFS because I want to support it, but not having VR at lunch is a huge disappointment (I´m pretty sure we´ll get there at some point sooner than later tho). But my flights we´ll be limited to "testing" in a flat screen.

Cheers

Carlos

PD: I don´t get those "visual" reproaches about the resolution of the actual headsets. I can read all the gauges without a problem in my VR cockpit, use my GTN750 inside and do the checklist without taking off the headsets, Sure is not 4K but with a Rift S the resolution (at 1.6 SS) is more than enough to enjoy it, and there are even better headsets out there.

Cheers

Carlos

I completely agree, I know MS reads these forums and i can only hope they will realize they are making a huge blunder by not including VR support from the beginning.  Its a huge  let down and head scratcher after all of the amazing previews so far.  And if anyone says they can't read the gauges in VR, it means either they need a new prescription (in vr you need your glasses or contacts because your eyes see real distances as projected through the headset) or have not configured their headset supersampling resolution factor correctly.  I'm baffled by this all honestly, I didn't even consider the fact that the new sim would not have VR, because who would develop a new sim in 2019 of this caliber and not include VR support!?!

• Like 4

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

15 minutes ago, chass32 said:

For me, like many others here, there´s no way back to flat screen. Don´t get me wrong I´ll buy MSFS because I want to support it, but not having VR at lunch is a huge disappointment (I´m pretty sure we´ll get there at some point sooner than later tho). But my flights we´ll be limited to "testing" in a flat screen.

Cheers

Carlos

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks for supporting and clarifying. 100% my opinion too. And  with reverb it is just great as well

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

I completely agree, I know MS reads these forums and i can only hope they will realize they are making a huge blunder by not including VR support from the beginning.  Its a huge  let down and head scratcher after all of the amazing previews so far.  And if anyone says they can't read the gauges in VR, it means either they need a new prescription (in vr you need your glasses or contacts because your eyes see real distances as projected through the headset) or have not configured their headset supersampling resolution factor correctly.  I'm baffled by this all honestly, I didn't even consider the fact that the new sim would not have VR, because who would develop a new sim in 2019 of this caliber and not include VR support!?!

You read my lips. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/the-new-ms-flight-simulator-taught-me-how-to-fly-an-actual-plane/

Asobo reps also made clear that VR is not currently in the cards for this version of MSFS, in spite of pretty much every member of the attending press asking that exact question. "Maybe one day, Flight Simulator will," Asobo CCO and co-founder David Dedeine told Ars. "It's not a commitment at all," he added with a laugh. "But we're already thinking about VR... We've worked on HoloLens, so we're familiar with [VR]'s types of problematics."

Devons rig