olderndirt

MSFS 2020 - latest

Xp11....you were good to me.

Bye!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

LOL, I was thinking the same!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

History repeats itself. X-plane always lagged behind the actual MS sim version. Austin always claimed that the next x-plane version would leapfrog the MS sim, but it never happened. 

In fact, the gap between x-plane and MS sims always grew bigger.

Only when MS stopped developing flightsims, x-plane could catch up....until now that is....

13 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

• I want to evaluate the MSFS flight model.
  • I want to know what the weather system is like.
  • I want to know if there are helicopters (none shown yet).
  • I want to know what that scenery looks like all over the globe, not just in selected areas.
  • I want to know if it will support FSEconomy (and vice-versa) with enough choice of aircraft.

What they've shown of the scenery engine looks great, but it's not enough for me to say goodbye to X-Plane yet. Not by a long shot. Maybe in a year or two, we'll see.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

24 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Bye!

best wife i ever had, but it's time for a change..lol don't forget Payware Study Level Sims at around 2025-2030 for FS2020😅

Default Lear Jet for everyone at first just like 20yrs ago lolol

Edited by Arthur42417

17 minutes ago, Arthur42417 said:

this will get moved to FS Forum in 5,4,3,2,1....😂

I hope not, because the new sim doesn't exist in a vacuum. It will inevitably be compared with FSX, P3D, AFS2, and XP.

If you talk too much about comparison and potential impact on the sim you're currently flying in the Avsim MSFS forum, you can get accused of being off topic at best, or proselytizing or word not allowed-ism at worst. I think it's healthy to have some of these conversations in the "home" forum for your current sim. Just my opinion.

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

50 minutes ago, Arthur42417 said:

best wife i ever had, but it's time for a change..lol don't forget Payware Study Level Sims at around 2025-2030 for FS2020😅

I'll fly default stuff all day long as long as I get to fly in the weather shown in the videos and screenshots!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Arthur42417 said:

Microsoft is incorporating a legacy mode that it expects will provide near-complete backward compatibility, so those of us who have huge libraries of old favorites won’t be starting entirely from scratch. In addition, Microsoft is committed to providing a software development kit (SDK) with the product at launch that will give developers the tools they need to build add-ons, though they caution that it is something that will be polished and expanded through post-launch updates. In other news for add-on aircraft builders, every parameter is now exposed in plain text, with no more binaries. This means it’s going to be easier than ever to create high-quality add-on aircraft, or to tinker with the ones you already have. For those who like emulating glass cockpits, those displays are fully programmable based on straightforward coding instead of a library of animations, and support things like touch screens and synthetic vision.

While the team is currently evaluating something like an in-sim store for supplemental content, there will be no requirements to use it, and no restrictions of any kind on downloading freeware or payware add-ons from other sources.

What About All of My Third-Party Aircraft?

• Like 4

But no VR on initial release, so I’ll buy it but won’t be using it in isolation I’ll still have my other sims installed 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I think that this update by Microsoft is going to have a chilling effect on X-Plane 11's third-party developers.  I don't know what X-Plane 12 will be or when it will be released, but barring any breakthroughs by Laminar, I won't be spending any more on X-Plane 11 addons until I see what Microsoft's new sim has to offer.  

I already had basically punted on XP anyhow.

I've been following it for way way way too long and it just takes them too long to get things done.

I wish they'd invested more and faster in revolutionary updates once MS bailed after Flight.

There was a window there that's finally about to close on them with a big "slam", at least for the mainstream market.

Laminar I'm sure will be fine, but they aren't really of interest to me anymore.

1 hour ago, TuFun said:

Microsoft is incorporating a legacy mode that it expects will provide near-complete backward compatibility, ...

Plus, Microsoft have said there is talk already with 3rd devs getting them on board. Froogle didn't mention any names understandably, but he did say it was all the developers you'd think they would be talking to.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Bye!

You can add P3D to that list.

After seeing most of the available videos I am stoked! Can't wait to finally experience a next gen sim.

I did not think I would see what I saw in Froogle's video in  my lifetime. AMAZING!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Remember that Asobo studio is a huge group with 200+ people working on MSFS with pretty much unlimited budget from Microsoft and a state of the art work place. You shouldn't even mention XP and MSFS in the same sentence. Also I highly doubt Laminar Research's aim is to become the top dog of flight simming market. They werent in the past and never will be. Not to mention the fact that Austin doesn't give two cents about the visual fidelity of his sim and has this insane obsession with his blade element theory which is probably the only selling point of XP. Nowadays they seem to be working on improving their mobile experience. So their priorities never seem to align with the needs of general market. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive