Sign in to follow this  
Alti

P3D4.5 Hotfix2 scenery problem

I have some justsim airports but since a full install of 4,4 I have not installed VECTOR more trouble than it`s worth I don't miss it. I have all the regions which don't need it and have not had elevations issues since, I did before with some AEROSOFT airports but you have to be carful that vector does not corrupt the base scenery folders 01 02 are ground zero when any addon installs it takes it`s elevation from them.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

A couple of suggestions:

Perhaps there is a LOWL ALT bgl file in the Prepar3D v4/Scenery/World/Scenery folder. You can try adding .off to the filename to disable it.

You could also try loading the airport bgl into ADE and checking the altitude there. You can even change the elevation if it is wrong, recompile and replace the one in the applicable folder (disable the original). It wouldn't make sense that this is the issue since it was fine in HF1, but it's interesting that you are seeing the airport at 300 ft when it should be 300 m. Worth a look anyway.

Randy

Hello Randy,
also this file in World/scenery i have disabled. did not help.
also i have open the addon in ADE. when i see the prorerties from the airport i see always the right altitude in runway, starter marker all at 980 ft in ADE,
when i open P3D and ADE is running i see, that the airports altitude is 300ft. look under the position in ADE in red letters
fe0fcf-1570169896.jpg

when i all programs close, reinstall HOTFIX1 and open ADE with P3D then i see the airport is on 980ft.

i have also created an flatten file with ADE, but with such flatten file all objects from the stock airport coming over the addon airport.
so in P3DHF2 i see the ground textures, the runway texures from the addon are in 980ft, but all objecs (houses, windsock, the apron, the runway...) are at 300ft.
but only in HF2.

Edited by Alti
edit correct links.

Hi Thomas,

you're not alone with that issue 😐 I have similar problems without addon-airports at all.

Wanted to update my sim today and after starting up everything at "BIKF" I recognized some elevation anomalies (pits) right on both sides of the runway.
And I am sure BIKF was totally fine before, because I had some other Navdata-issue to solve there just some days ago.

Afterwards I tried LPMA (had problems there in the past, which have been solved by correct scenery priority) and it was messed up too. LPMA was at a very high plateau where it should not be. 

I only uninstalled the Client HF1, then restarted and installed Client HF2 afterwards. Absolutely no change of any other files!

It's not a vanilla install of course:
- FSAerodata
- ORBX OLC Europe
- ORBX OLC NA
- ORBX OLC SA
- ORBX Buildings HD
- ORBX Vector
- ORBX Base
- Pilots Mesh (FS Global 2010)

Of course there will be several different elevations given for one airport. But scenery priority should solve this issue.
Somehow I have the feeling that P3D is using the addon-aiport (or extended ORBX-airport in my case), but uses the wrong elevation of the stock airport.

Shut the sim down and doing sth else now 😤When I'm in the mood I will do some further analysis regarding the BGLs for BIKF and LPMA. For today I'm done...

Marc 

Edited by Mischung

Marc Weber

On 10/2/2019 at 4:59 AM, xxd09 said:

It always seems to be a good procedure to wait a month before doing a P3D Update especially if you have a complex sim with many Addons 

If your sim is working well then the improvements will be minimal to the damage that could be done

By the end of a month all the Manufacturers will have their updates in place and you can proceed with the P3D update

xxd09

Ditto!

Never any rush to update P3D unless it just won’t start!

Chris Camp

23 minutes ago, Mischung said:

Hi Thomas,

you're not alone with that issue 😐 I have similar problems without addon-airports at all.

Wanted to update my sim today and after starting up everything at "BIKF" I recognized some elevation anomalies (pits) right on both sides of the runway.
And I am sure BIKF was totally fine before, because I had some other Navdata-issue to solve there just some days ago.

Afterwards I tried LPMA (had problems there in the past, which have been solved by correct scenery priority) and it was messed up too. LPMA was at a very high plateau where it should not be. 

I only uninstalled HF1, then restarted and installed HF2 afterwards. Absolutely no change of any other files!

It's not a vanilla install of course:
- FSAerodata
- ORBX OLC Europe
- ORBX OLC NA
- ORBX OLC SA
- ORBX Buildings HD
- ORBX Vector
- ORBX Base
- Pilots Mesh (FS Global 2010)

Of course there will be several different elevations given for one airport. But scenery priority should solve this issue.
Somehow I have the feeling that P3D is using the addon-aiport (or extended ORBX-airport in my case), but uses the wrong elevation of the stock airport.

Shut the sim down and doing sth else now 😤When I'm in the mood I will do some further analysis regarding the BGLs for BIKF and LPMA. For today I'm done...

Marc 

Did you only install the “Client” or did you reinstall the P3D scenery.exe?

Chris Camp

35 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Did you only install the “Client” or did you reinstall the P3D scenery.exe?

Sorry Chris, was typing too fast 😆 (will correct my post)

Of course it was only the Client I installed. Never had a problem before with just doing the client update .

So it was easy to roll back to Client HF1 , which I did and everything is working again.

Still strange...🤔

Marc Weber

Have you guys posted this on the P3D support forum?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Thomas posted his problem there already.

I will post it there too, but will do some further investigation regarding the BGL-files first.

The more I know, the better I can describe the problem and get their attention.

• Like 1

Marc Weber

I'm seeing this behaviour as well.

All kinds of Airports have now suddenly elevation issues (runway polys floating above the ground or moving around in relation to the aircraft).

It seems to be connected to FSAerodata.

The only thing I updated was the Client. The problem is that I can't revert back to HF1 because the Legacy Client download options on the website only offer past point updates and not individual hotfix updates.

Edited by Farlis

You can try (if you haven't already), uninstall FSAerodata, uninstall HF2 Client and Scenery (might as well do Content as well), install HF2 Client and Scenery (and Content). Install FSAerodata.

Randy

My two cents.

When I'm having elevation issues I use Little Nav Map to display the details of the problematic airport (after Little Nav Map has loaded it's library from P3D).

Little Nav Map will then display the files used for the particular airport which you can disable by renaming with a suffix file extension as .OFF

Using a process of elimination is then usually enough to solve the issue.

There are some examples of airport elevation issues solved by the above processes.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, RRVyper said:

You can try (if you haven't already), uninstall FSAerodata, uninstall HF2 Client and Scenery (might as well do Content as well), install HF2 Client and Scenery (and Content). Install FSAerodata.

Randy

I was already in the process of doing that as you suggested it. It did not help. As soon as I enable FSAerodata my Airports go haywire.

That was definately not the case before I installed HF2. And no, I didn't install anything else in the same period.

I'll assume that P3D is OK until you install FSAerodata. I don't use FSAerodata but didn't think it modified airport elevations. Perhaps an update is required from the dev. Probably best to inquire on their forum.

Randy

I did. They said they can't replicate the problem.