783 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What are your most desired inclusions in MSFS

• Virtual Reality
    • Seasons
    • Rotorcraft
    • ATC
    • SDK

I'm almost certain that there was no vote manipulation, in the sense that one or more individuals created multiple accounts to vote with.

There was a push on Reddit to direct VR users to vote that VR should be made a priority for the Asobo development team. See here, here, here, and here. This isn't me saying I disagree with the call to arms, I am all for having more of the community use their voice to create change, just dispelling myths that there was vote manipulation.

I personally have an Oculus Rift and have dabbled in VR but ultimately found it to be too low of resolution for flight simming. I 100% agree that VR should be implemented into MSFS, however, I don't think now is the right time for that.

From what i've read the HP Reverb has a greater than 4K screen resolution. The computers running at the Renton reveal had 2080 TI graphic cards connected to 4k monitors, less than that of an HP Reverb (The only VR headset that is realistically able to be used in a flight sim). They were only able to get, on average, 40fps. I'm not sure what FPS VR needs to be non motion sickening but I imagine it's higher than 40. Factor in that only a handful of people have 2080 TIs and many will have far less than 40.

I imagine Asobo will pursue VR, with all hands on deck once, another hardware iteration comes around or some very significant optimizations are made to the game. It's not an effective use of their time to develop features that only a subset of a subset of people can use (VR Users with the very beefiest of machines, and even then not all that well). Don't get me wrong, i'm very excited to try out VR in MSFS but I think it's an unobtainable goal as it currently stands.

Edited by AvidFlyer12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, domkle said:

A sect. 

You forgot Russian bots.../s

Edited by daveinca2000
Added international symbol for sarcasm

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Isn’t that weird ? About 100 more votes during the night ...

And tons of salt and sour grapes /s

• Like 1

Seasons and track ir support 😉

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

I am not a conspiracy theorist but I would be interested in if we have just gained a lot of new members VR was going nowhere then bang.   

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Isn’t that weird ? About 100 more votes during the night ...

I was asking myself exactly the same question. This seems clearly biased compared to the proportion of users who currently use this equipment....

Mods, please investigate...😂

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 2

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

4 hours ago, fs4fun said:

Seems silly to have this incredible weather engine and then not be able to file an IFR flight plan and fly with ATC, which is what Flight Sim World did (with TrueSky) and it struct me as ridiculous then as well.

I think that`s what it will be you pick a home airport and a destination airport to enter flight that way you do the off line flying with the cache scenery.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, DrumsArt said:

I was asking myself exactly the same question. This seems clearly biased compared to the proportion of users who currently use this equipment....

Richard

Then you may be experiencing cognitive dissonance, but I’m no expert. 

2 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

They may have another 100 new members tonight👽

Raymond Fry.

2 minutes ago, rjfry said:

They may have another 100 new members tonight👽

There may be if you motivate other people to vote for what they want.

I started posting recently myself. A member since 2012. The detractors are doing VR a favor.  Keep it up

Edited by daveinca2000

Just now, daveinca2000 said:

There may be if you motivate other people to vote for what they want.

I am for seasons but VR was well behind 24 hrs ago.

Raymond Fry.

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

I am for seasons but VR was well behind 24 hrs ago.

And?

Just now, daveinca2000 said:

You forgot Russian bots.../s

Maybe not Russian.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 minutes ago, daveinca2000 said:

just intuition, experience and some facts (I am expert)...😛

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Maybe not Russian.  

Well that a start to healing...

1 minute ago, DrumsArt said:

just intuition, experience and some facts (I am expert)...😛

Especially if you are experiencing it.  I kid, I kid 😁