ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-10th-2019-insider-update/

Feature Discovery Series Episode 1 (WORLD) is here!

TECH ALPHA RECRUITING ENDING SOON!
If you have not already signed up for Tech Alpha, please make sure to do so now. You can register for the Tech Alpha here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/flighting-signup/

Updated DR preview coming soon!

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-10th-2019-development-update/

DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES
We are pleased to announce that the first episode of our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 1 (World) is an in-depth look at the world we’re building for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 1!

FEEDBACK PIPELINE
TLDR  – There is a Feedback Dashboard. The dashboard contains a summary of all feedback we collect from community discussions on a daily basis. Feedback is triaged, prioritized, and assigned a plan of action. We will provide the output of this pipeline to the community in a document tentatively called the “Feedback Snapshot” on a regular basis.

There has been an incredible amount feedback from the press coverage of our recent Global Preview Event. This feedback, along with all feedback we’ve been collecting, is critically important to the team to ensure the voice of the community is being put into action through a collaborative and transparent process (i.e. use the Feedback Snapshot to give the community transparency into the feedback we’re prioritizing for action). Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution. The Feedback Snapshot will be released at regular intervals and we will announce the date for our first preview release in our next update.

TECH ALPHA

• 10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 ends. If you would like to sign up, please head into the Insider Area and fill out the survey.
  • 10.17 – Build release preparation begins. Insider acceptance confirmation communication begins and will run through 10.24.
  • 10.24 – Release Window Opens. We will begin granting access to the Tech Alpha build to Insiders that have received acceptance confirmation.

BUILD PROGRAM UPDATE
We are currently targeting mid/end November for our second build release (Tech Alpha 2). We expect to open recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 closer to the end of October but expect a final date in our 10.17 update.

DR Update and Episode 2 information coming next update.

Next update 10.17.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 3

Anyone have a direct link to the video? I can't seem to right click to download.

Looking forward to the world preview, but we might have learned the most on Monday with the "influencer" reports.

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
question

The video size is a whopping 756MB, I'll just wait until it's downloaded to avoid buffering. Fun fact, it's called "LionelV7.mp4".

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

The video size is a whopping 756MB, I'll just wait until it's downloaded to avoid buffering. Fun fact, it's called "LionelV7.mp4".

My man Lionel 😩😩😩🍆💦

• Like 2

“DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES”

lol

Edited by aleex
  • Like 2

Just now, FizziPop said:

Website not available for me 🤔 

Have you made sure you're logged-in? It's in the Insider Home. The site never remembers my log-in for some reason.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-10th-2019-development-update/

DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES
We are pleased to announce that the first episode of our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 1 (World) is an in-depth look at the world we’re building for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 1!

FEEDBACK PIPELINE
TLDR  – There is a Feedback Dashboard. The dashboard contains a summary of all feedback we collect from community discussions on a daily basis. Feedback is triaged, prioritized, and assigned a plan of action. We will provide the output of this pipeline to the community in a document tentatively called the “Feedback Snapshot” on a regular basis.

There has been an incredible amount feedback from the press coverage of our recent Global Preview Event. This feedback, along with all feedback we’ve been collecting, is critically important to the team to ensure the voice of the community is being put into action through a collaborative and transparent process (i.e. use the Feedback Snapshot to give the community transparency into the feedback we’re prioritizing for action). Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution. The Feedback Snapshot will be released at regular intervals and we will announce the date for our first preview release in our next update.

TECH ALPHA

• 10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 ends. If you would like to sign up, please head into the Insider Area and fill out the survey.
  • 10.17 – Build release preparation begins. Insider acceptance confirmation communication begins and will run through 10.24.
  • 10.24 – Release Window Opens. We will begin granting access to the Tech Alpha build to Insiders that have received acceptance confirmation.

BUILD PROGRAM UPDATE
We are currently targeting mid/end November for our second build release (Tech Alpha 2). We expect to open recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 closer to the end of October but expect a final date in our 10.17 update.

DR Update and Episode 2 information coming next update.

Next update 10.17.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Upvote 1

I'm very pleasantly stunned, by the news and the video.

This Flight Simulator might very well be the ultimate (in my lifetime) Simulator.
 In my case I hope ATC and Seasons are available on release date.

Thank You Microsoft.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

On the Development Roadmap for November, they've stated that an update is coming in September. It's now nearly mid October. Why haven't they kept their promise? They have failed to deliver in this instance. 

10 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

FEEDBACK PIPELINE

I don't recall ever having seen something like this from any developer in flightsim world.

BTW, the clip has a great sequence on KSFO which I've not seen before (but perhaps just missed it).

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally, this confirms the continued role of scenery developers at the regional level (and city level of course). Outside aerial cities, specific autogen will be needed. I don't think Azure has the ability to identify the types of trees or roads, 3D building autogen, in every region. OrbX would create all these things.

Of course that doesn't mean the default is bad.

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
Default comment

1 minute ago, Shug said:

On the Development Roadmap for November, they've stated that an update is coming in September. It's now nearly mid October. Why haven't they kept their promise? They have failed to deliver in this instance. 

They've been very busy lately, between handling the Global Preview event, creating the Feature Discovery series and preparing the Tech Alpha, so it's understandable I think. Next week we will be getting a preview for November and December.

The looks good in full screen.

One thing struck me offline mode if you have no internet connection how do you get it without an internet connection.

Edited by rjfry

Seeing the pictures of the offline mode should put some minds at ease. 

It looks like they have all the same building and tree data but can place those over generic textures with the same precision to still give a next-gen experience. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

Ok...at this point MS is going to have to start putting up money for my medical bills. My jaw is really sore from hitting the floor so many times.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Personally, this confirms the continued role of scenery developers at the regional level (and city level of course). Outside aerial cities, specific autogen will be needed. I don't think Azure has the ability to identify the types of trees or roads, 3D building autogen, in every region. OrbX would create all these things.

Of course that doesn't mean the default is bad.

I don't get that impression at all. If anything, it sounds like the Azure AI can identify those things all over the world with no need to go back and hand annotate certain types of autopen. The AI doesn't have a bias depending on whether it's a more popular part of the world or not. It reads them all just the same. 

What it probably can't do is create perfect renditions of landmarks outside of photogrammetry regions. No doubt they will hand place a lot of those, but some room may be left for developers. Given this level of detail in so much of the world though, it's going to be a tough market to break into. I know for me personally, I'm probably not going to spend money on "regions" or whatever when there are 400+ photogrammetry cities and thousands of other areas with landmarks to play in (with the list growing daily as Bing data improves). 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

I am left  utterly speechless after watching that !

Congratulations to Asobo &Microsoft , its simply incredible.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

I wouldn't think so. Orbx relies on good data to build their regions and wherever this good data exists, I'm pretty sure Microsoft will have it and use it on the default scenery. 

As I said in another topic, where Orbx could improve the sceneries would be with handmade/custom objects to populate the scenery, which is something apparently the MSFS guys wouldn't spend too much time on (they are focusing in other stuff and relying on the data + A.I. to deal with the default scenery).

Look Paris or Seattle (seattle on offline mode, the photogrammetry Seattle can't be matched even with some handmade work) as examples, how orbx could do a better job than what they showed (besides custom objects for landmarks/POIs/etc)? 

I think the way to go will be airports + ultra reallistic surroundings with a lot of custom objects to add to the immersion.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 3