Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

5 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Wow even offline mode looks awesome. If you have a slower internet speed, pre-cached offline will be just as good if not better than online? 

As long as you have the entire area you're flying in pre-cached, it should look identical to the online mode.

I really like what I see, I think this is going to be the starting point of a new generation of flight simulators, but (always have to be a "but") I see a huge leap between cities with autogen (like Paris) and cities with photogrammetry. 400+ cities can be a lot, it certainly is, but at the end there can be no more than 10 depending in the area that we flight. In this case, google is quite ahead of bing.

It´s hard to understand how cities like Paris or London won´t have photogrammetry no matter how good the autogen is.

Don´t get me wrong please,  what I´ve seen till now is fascinating I just hope that somehow Bing will update its photogrammetry cities from time to time.

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, they have never explained how the lighting works in the world. Will there be stuff like street lights?

I just flew over Brisbane (the city depicted at 3'12" into the video) in P3D v4.4 with ORBX Ausv2 and it just does not compare!!

Geez, it's going to take years to fly around in MSFS and discover everything :-) I've already decided to quit my job to devote more time to MSFS when it is released.

• Like 6

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

This looks great!

At 2:29 i think you can see 2 types of airbus with a different length.Maybe there is not only airbus 320 as we could see in the trailer, but also 321.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

NOTHING about animals...

I noticed that to. No animals=No buy.

• Like 9

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

16 minutes ago, ErrorCode said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but, they have never explained how the lighting works in the world. Will there be stuff like street lights?

Yes, they said street lights and building lights in the video.

17 minutes ago, chass32 said:

I really like what I see, I think this is going to be the starting point of a new generation of flight simulators, but (always have to be a "but") I see a huge leap between cities with autogen (like Paris) and cities with photogrammetry. 400+ cities can be a lot, it certainly is, but at the end there can be no more than 10 depending in the area that we flight. In this case, google is quite ahead of bing.

It´s hard to understand how cities like Paris or London won´t have photogrammetry no matter how good the autogen is.

Don´t get me wrong please,  what I´ve seen till now is fascinating I just hope that somehow Bing will update its photogrammetry cities from time to time.

Cheers

Carlos

I can understand that, but at the same time, 400+ cities is an absolute ton. It could take a long time to fly to all of them and the data is being updated all the time. You could spend a few years just exploring and doing flights between those varied locations.

For major cities without photogrammetry, they are placing landmarks. You can see this in Paris and it still looks better than anything we've seen before.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jlund said:

I am getting more and more exited after seing the latest video.WOW. But I'm also excited to see how the Azure AI will auto generate places that doesn't exist yet. I live in Denmark in a place where there's no orhophotographic (sorry, can't remember the correct term for it) and tried to look at a bigger town where my family lives. In Bing maps it's only a big round building site, and they moved in in 2008 (11 years ago) and today the whole area is full of family homes. How will Azure manage that, since I guess they use Bing data?

I would guess an area like that won't be very accurate. You simply can't create something without the underlying data.

But they will fill it in with something they've said via the AI working with what data it does have. Perhaps they have data sources that will at least show it's a residential area or something.

Two Things:

1. Did anyone else recognize that they mentioned seasons? “Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution.”  It looks as if they have a plan on all of these topics!

2. Does procedural grass means that the grass will bend in the wind when I am in the (VR-)cockpit of my helicopter?

Great times ahead (until we will find out what they are asking for…)!

• Like 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

1 minute ago, DocBird said:

Two Things:

1. Did anyone else recognize that they mentioned seasons? “Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution.”  It looks as if they have a plan on all of these topics!

2. Does procedural grass means that the grass will bend in the wind when I am in the (VR-)cockpit of my helicopter?

Yeah they listed the infamous poll options...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snglecoil said:

Ok...at this point MS is going to have to start putting up money for my medical bills. My jaw is really sore from hitting the floor so many times.

Your sore jaw medical bills will be peanuts compared to my blown mind medical bills 😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DocBird said:

Two Things:

1. They've already said on the Q&A with content creators some weeks ago they would look into the community feedback and could change plans accordingly (prioritizing what the community wants more, without commiting on when the features would be available).

2. Procedural means the machine is placing it where it assumes should be grass. From what we've seen, apparently the color of the grass follows the color of the imagery, really accurate in my opinion. About movement of the grass, they said in the Q&A the grass is static in the current version, but it will probably change in future updates.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

8 minutes ago, DocBird said:

As of right now, I believe they said it doesn't yet. That'll probably become a priority when they work on helicopters. It's not really a needed feature for fixed wing (even a grass strip is going to be cut short enough to not see grass affected by the wind).

• Like 1