Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

Musings...

Hope I don't have to spring for a new rig - my "high-end" gaming PC is exactly four years old, but as we know it was already old just out of the carton...  

And what happens to FSX-Steam, (which I also have been using for four years)?  Will that eventually go bye,bye and force my hand to sign-up for 2020?

And perhaps 5G may take care of future internet connectivity problems in time for 2020...

7 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I don't think so I for one will not be removing my P3DV???  I will still need to fly my aircraft that will not be in MSFS, I have in fact just purchased two more in the ORBX sale. and when what I'm waiting for in the road map arrives I will purchase more. and some other addons I am waiting for I am still flying. 

I recently purchased LYBE from Orbx, so airports will still be a purchase I would make, but not terrain products or City scape. Just FYI, I did not say simmers will stop using P3D or any other sim for that matter, so please don't put words in my mouth. I will continue to use P3D till the FSLabs is ported to FS2020

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I recently purchased LYBE from Orbx, so airports will still be a purchase I would make, but not terrain products or City scape. Just FYI, I did not say simmers will stop using P3D or any other sim for that matter, so please don't put words in my mouth. I will continue to use P3D till the FSLabs is ported to FS2020

I will purchase the OLC when it comes out. how am I putting words in your mouth putting them on suicide watch is bit OTT.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Mcrosoft Insider shows a new video today and a good explanation of the different versions we can expect 

and which seems to cover most needs of computer or internet specs - even assessing you max speeds and and comp set ups.

The URL -  https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-home/

My comments on Orbyx were after a person pointed out missing POIs were:-

Personally - the commentary on this video only seems to prove that no matter what computer you have - or internet connection

we will be offered a choice of sim that appears to be way ahead of all others

After the last videos were shown - Gobsmacked was a common expression   - what are we going to say about this?.

Of course things are missing - they are  POIs and take time to integrate and Yes  Sydney is devoid of the bridge and Opera House

but Brisbane is brilliant - even without the Westgate bridge - but the Gabba is there!! 

What will the rest of Australia look like - even the Melbournians will probably - want to see what MS2020 will give them - and as I said

personally - I don't need to wait for The Gold Coast - I have the Orbx to keep me happy - I only wish it was for Xplane :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I don't think so I for one will not be removing my P3DV

I did not say that in my post, but you implied that I did.  Where did I say people will remove P3D ? But, you did !!! Have a nice day.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This looks so fantastic, and a very good explanation of implementing the world into the new sim. 🙂

Patric

1 minute ago, ZKOKQ said:

I did not say that in my post, but you implied that I did.  Where did I say people will remove P3D ? But, you did !!! Have a nice day.

Your not getting my post my point was users will still be running P3DVXX for some years so ORBX will not have a melt down as well as other addon makers. MSFS will not be the only sim in town, this has all been said before.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

Your not getting my post my point was users will still be running P3DVXX for some years so ORBX will not have a melt down as well as other addon makers. MSFS will not be the only sim in town, this has all been said before.

Whatever.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Torg Smith said:

I did not see a way to update my internet bandwidth on my profile. I just upgraded from 70Mb to 400Mb. I wonder if that is enough to get the best quality.

Click the 'tech alpha registration' and 'view my profile', there you can change your dxdiag. I think that will be the way to do it, but have not tried.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

Orbx might be able to contribute by doing smaller area's in higher resolution than whats available publicly.  You can buy imaging services from lots of places.   I don't know if that makes sense financially but if you no longer have to model everything and can rely on the data then maybe it would? 

4 minutes ago, Greazer said:

P3d is a Goner, dead and buried by FS2020.

Are hobbyists their bread and butter?   There's been no talk of MSFS becoming a professional platform.   

1 hour ago, jaytee73 said:

Mcrosoft Insider shows a new video today and a good explanation of the different versions we can expect 

Jaytee, I moved and merged your post from Hangar Chat into this topic. Not sure you were aware we have a forum dedicated to the new sim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

my point was users will still be running P3DVXX for some years

Indeed.  I suspect that many hardcore simmers invest heavily in home cockpit peripherals and addons.  Many would be reluctant to migrate to a new sim until they can at least replicate the functionality that they currently have.

For many, it will also be a move to Windows 10.  A double whammy !

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

6 hours ago, ca_metal said:

As far as I know, for the trees/autogen Orbx relies on data for the placement. And the trees/autogen are not the same type and shape shown on the imagery. The Azure A.I. is in fact "looking" the imagery to place trees/buildings/objects. Orbx doesn't do that, they have the data for the buildings and trees and their own software do the all work. 

I would say the Microsoft approach is more accurate in the end. The big advantage on the Orbx' side is having a lot of custom objects/buildings/POIs that are handmade and handplaced on the scenery.

There are millions of trees in the Orbx True Earth scenarios. If they do not use the satellite imagery, then it would take somebody years to place all the trees. Also 1000's of buildings very clearly follow the footprint of the floorplan shown on the satellite image, again clearly evidence which suggests Orbx have the capability with reasonable source imagery to create autogen from satellite images. This may not be as as advanced as Azure AI but it's there and it has enabled Orbx to create the True Earth landscapes.

Edited by dtrjones