Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

1 hour ago, jlund said:

I am getting more and more exited after seing the latest video.WOW. But I'm also excited to see how the Azure AI will auto generate places that doesn't exist yet. I live in Denmark in a place where there's no orhophotographic (sorry, can't remember the correct term for it) and tried to look at a bigger town where my family lives. In Bing maps it's only a big round building site, and they moved in in 2008 (11 years ago) and today the whole area is full of family homes. How will Azure manage that, since I guess they use Bing data?

As I understand, if the imagery shows a building site, the sim will depict it as a building site. But when the imagery is updated and the family homes appear on the imagery, the scenery will be updated, showing the houses and new buildings.

Very impressive presentation today; getting more and more excited about this with each passing day!

• Like 1

Ken

What is that area at time 3:28? Wasn't it in an earlier screen shot? I would also like to thank the Microsoft Flight Simulator Team for their communication with the community. You go Lionel and MSFS Team. Also, so where or when is this Feedback Dashboard?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

6 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

Very impressive presentation today; getting more and more excited about this with each passing day!

Actually I´m Lionel Fuentes number one fan! (hope that helps to get into the tech-alpha)

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

2 minutes ago, in2tech said:

What is that area at time 3:28? Wasn't it in an earlier screen shot?

Yep, that was Lake Tekapo.

• Like 1

My poor brain still has a hard time absorbing all this insane information. I feel like I'm watching a sci-fi movie. Mind-blowing stuff.

Even the bottom of the barrel scenery still looks 20X better then what we have now.  It just keeps getting better and better. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Really more than anything I’m continuously impressed by the lighting in this sim! Honestly they could just have grey boxes for buildings, green blobs for trees and it would still feel leaps and bounds more alive than our current offerings.

Good work ladies and gentlemen! 

• Like 1

Very cool. Not only can I find My house but if I  have a trike I can land on my street and park in my driveway? Maybe even get out and walk around. The possibility's are truly endless. 

• Like 1

Peek in your neighbor's windows too? :ph34r:

• Like 9

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is a shame, when we were being shown examples of the 3 different internet connections' scenery rendering (Adaptive Streaming, Offline Mode, Pre- Cache) that they didn't show the same area with 3 different modes for a proper comparison!

Maybe it was done for a reason?????

Cheers,

Bart

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, bartp71 said:

It is a shame, when we were being shown examples of the 3 different internet connections' scenery rendering (Adaptive Streaming, Offline Mode, Pre- Cache) that they didn't show the same area with 3 different modes for a proper comparison!

I had precisely the same thought as I watching it.

You don't compare 3 things by showing different examples for each one.  lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bartp71 said:

Maybe it was done for a reason?????

Cheers,

Bart

That's right by Renton. Several shots and videos from the creator presentation of that immediate area if you want to compare generally.

The main difference is the underlying ground texture. The buildings and trees are still in the same places. The online mode of that immediate area definitely looks much better to me.

Edited by bonchie

1 minute ago, irrics said:

I had precisely the same thought as I watching it.

You don't compare 3 things by showing different examples for each one.  lol

Unless you have a reason for it!!! LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shug said:

I just flew over Brisbane (the city depicted at 3'12" into the video) in P3D v4.4 with ORBX Ausv2 and it just does not compare!!

Geez, it's going to take years to fly around in MSFS and discover everything 🙂 I've already decided to quit my job to devote more time to MSFS when it is released.

But none of the bridges show.  I am not complaining.  What MS has done is unbelievable.