Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 10th - Insider Update

7 hours ago, Torg Smith said:

I did not see a way to update my internet bandwidth on my profile. I just upgraded from 70Mb to 400Mb. I wonder if that is enough to get the best quality.

I don't want to be mean but that just sounds like you are bragging about a 400Mb connection. Are you seriously having doubts that will be enough?

If you listen to the FligthtSim.com interview (wow can I say that on here 😛?) then one of the devs says he plays at home on a 4Mb connection and can stream in high detail.

• Like 1

Considering that this is still an alpha build, it is hugely impressive. 

I may have to plan next year's vacation carefully and ensure I take a week off during release week.  One weekend will not be enough.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

P3d is a Goner, dead and buried by FS2020.

LM not in it for the money Microsoft ?

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

I don't want to be mean but that just sounds like you are bragging about a 400Mb connection. Are you seriously having doubts that will be enough?

If you listen to the FligthtSim.com interview (wow can I say that on here 😛?) then one of the devs says he plays at home on a 4Mb connection and can stream in high detail.

Not to mention that apparently the systems during the Global Event were connected to a 25Mb connection. So your 70Mb would have probably been more than enough to begin with. Besides that, I guess Microsoft are more interested in the slower (maybe even problematic or unstable) connections. You want people to try to break the product, not enjoy it at it's best. I, too just recently upgraded my connection, mainly for stability reasons and to ensure I get the whole package. I do hope however I can still use my old connection should I be one of the lucky ones for first round testing as I feel I can be more of assistance to Microsoft with my current connection than with the new one I am getting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, rjfry said:

LM not in it for the money Microsoft ?

Of course they are in it for the money. It's just not the bulk of their income.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSJJ1985 said:

Of course they are in it for the money. It's just not the bulk of their income.

P3D is a tool to them to compliment the product they manufacture.

If all the Avsim members stopped using it they would still continue development.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

1 minute ago, rjfry said:

P3D is a tool to them to compliment the product they manufacture.

But I doubt they'd be maintaining it if it didn't create some sort of revenue. In any case they are surely not doing it purely out of good hearts to satisfy our Flight Sim lusts.

Edited by OSJJ1985

12 hours ago, rjfry said:

The looks good in full screen.

One thing struck me offline mode if you have no internet connection how do you get it without an internet connection.

People without internet won't even know that it exists, so this is a catch-22 type of question 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OSJJ1985 said:

But I doubt they'd be maintaining it if it didn't create some sort of revenue.

Ha it`s a drop in the bucket to a multi billion dollar company , they send more on hospitality in a year. 

Raymond Fry.

The only thing I miss in the presentation videos is that it would be nice if they would label the different places, so we know where in the world to look for them. 

Off course there's recognizable places like London, Paris, San Francisco, New York etc, but can any of you set a place and time stamp on other places, please?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

P3d is a Goner, dead and buried by FS2020.

Silly comment..

Have you actually read the T's & C's of Microsoft Flight Simulator??

Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.

P3D, as you know, is a Commercial product!

Ergo.. P3D is for professional training & commercial use.

MSFS is obviously not!

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Jaytee, I moved and merged your post from Hangar Chat into this topic. Not sure you were aware we have a forum dedicated to the new sim.

Thanks Mill for that - I had made the request earlier and no doubt you caught it 

On this subject:-

Personally - the commentary on this video only seems to prove that no matter what computer you have - or internet connection

we will be offered a choice of sim that appears to be way ahead of all others

After the last videos were shown - Gobsmacked was a common expression   - what are we going to say about this?.

Of course things are missing - they are  POIs and take time to integrate and Yes  Sydney is devoid of the bridge and Opera House

but Brisbane is brilliant - even without the Story bridge - but the Gabba is there!! 

What will the rest of Australia look like - even the Melbournians will probably - want to see what MS2020 will give them - and as I said

personally - I don't need to wait for The Gold Coast - I have the Orbx to keep me happy - I only wish it was for X plane :rolleyes:"

As to bandwidth - so far we have been streaming  and watching these videos without too many problems - at least I haven't @ 50Mps - and this bloke seems to say that the sim will adjust itself to what bandwidth you are getting - and what your  comp is capable of anyway.

I have also said elsewhere in these discussions - that in Australia -  Foxtel - are already streaming 4K HDR to my TV - albeit via Their/My satellite dish

- and they are on record as saying they will be providing the same Bandwidth - by the same method - to households - with the dish - in 2021 - having proven that - it will stream 4K HDR - we will have no worries ---- (The dish costs nothing!!)+(  and current Australian Max bandwidths of 100Mps cant get near 4K TV streaming)

So Australia - get "dished" :blink:

21 minutes ago, jlund said:

The only thing I miss in the presentation videos is that it would be nice if they would label the different places, so we know where in the world to look for them. 

Off course there's recognizable places like London, Paris, San Francisco, New York etc, but can any of you set a place and time stamp on other places, please?

2.15 - Sydney Australia - without the bridge

3.21 - Brisbane Australia - without the bridge

Obviously pre alpha does not include many POIs

49 minutes ago, jlund said:

t can any of you set a place and time stamp on other places, please?

The "New Guinea island" looks like the Vanimo peninsula to me.

EDIT in another post, Wewak is mentionned

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

33 minutes ago, jaytee73 said:

2.15 - Sydney Australia - without the bridge

3.21 - Brisbane Australia - without the bridge

Obviously pre alpha does not include many POIs

I consider it quite positive they actually are not afraid to show us imaged despite flaws. Yeah most are probably minor flaws, but a missing iconic bridge or a severely skewed presentation of an even more iconic buildings isn't a small flaw (especially when advertising a VFR-capable world worldwide). The more flaws one isn't afraid to show the more confident someone is about it's creation?! I don't know, but I what do know is I wish other developers within the Flight Sim community were more open about sharing information about their products, and not be afraid to show potential flaws, as to narrow the gap of the "Hamburger-Effect" (you know the Burger that's advertised and the one you actually get). Right now even with all the flaws I have seen (and looking carefully there still are quite some and am confident a lot of them will be taken care of) it's still nothing we have ever seen before.

• Like 1