cepact

I'm expecting PMDG on day one

"Currently most members of the team are working 12h/day 6 or 7 days a week"

Most of the PMDG staff is averaging 80 hour work weeks. Translation (pick one):

A. The next product is going to make the current ones look cheap.

B. The DC-3 just got back from an Atlantic crossing and needs everyone on maintenance, specifically oil smudge cleaning and aluminum buffing.

C. They've been quiet on MSFS like the other large developers because MS has got them under NDA, also like a lot of other folks, and they have been working hard to understand the draft SDK that keeps changing with every MSFS announcement.

And to quote the famous Colonel Shultz.......I know nothing.....:biggrin:

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

46 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

And to quote the famous Colonel Shultz.......I know nothing.....:biggrin:

Apparently so because it was Sergeant Shultz. 😊

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

"And to quote the famous Colonel Shultz.......I know nothing.....:biggrin:

I think Klink would have sent him to the Russian front before a promotion.

Edited by YMMB

Why everyone is against PMDG in here? IMO they do quite well with their products. There might be some delays, but the quality worths the wait. 
By the comment they posted in their forum, I’m more than 100% sure that they are the partners. The only question is which aircraft? It cannot be an Airbus family, but can’t say that about Boeing. 
Let’s hope for a legendary like a 47. That would be too good to be true though. 

Edited by raspian300

4 hours ago, raspian300 said:

Why everyone is against PMDG in here? 

It seems you haven’t read the thread...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - My YouTube Channel

Unless they're actually lying (and why would they?), it seemed pretty clear from their original statement that they knew nothing about the new sim until it was officially announced. If that's the case then it's impossible that they were working on aircraft for it before the announcement, particularly as Randazzo himself said in the statement posted earlier "We always have the next five years planned out" - that means their current plans must have been made a long time before they knew anything about the new sim.

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 3

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

59 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Common sense !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - My YouTube Channel

20 hours ago, ark said:

Apparently so because it was Sergeant Shultz.

Correct you are. :blush: They say your memory is the first to go, or is that the second....

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

12 hours ago, raspian300 said:

Why everyone is against PMDG in here?

I'm not. I was just trying to add some humor to the thread. I think PMDG make top notch products. In fact I'm hoping that the reason PMDG postponed their JS41 and FSLabs postponed their Concorde is because better flight and engine modeling will be available in MSFS2020.  

More fodder for my conspiracy theories - a member at Sim Outhouse just asked about progress on Aeroplane Heaven's Caravelle.  Baz's answer:

In the light of recent events, we are going full PBR for the cockpit. So that's where we are working currently.

"In the light of recent events..."  Now, what could that possibly mean?

Speculate away!

• Like 1

Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!"
-- Saint-Exupery

58 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Both P3D and XP11 use and support PBR so can’t read anything into that.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes but Aeroplane Heaven does not develop for XP11. As far as i know at least.
So that looked more of a thing they are doing for the recent PBR in P3D. This was my impression

Those are fair points.

I continue to wonder, though, about the intensive work they seem to be putting into current projects.  To me it's inconsistent with a possible shift in revenue to a new platform, maybe as soon as 12 months out.  I'd only want to commit that kind of effort if I was confident in a multi-year revenue stream, and it's less safe now to predict that P3D or X-Plane will continue to perform at current levels.

And I honestly think that if it was just a question of P3D or X-Plane PBR implementation, the phrasing wouldn't be as coy. You could as easily say, "now that P3D supports PBR, we're putting our efforts into that," as opposed to hinting about "recent events."

All speculative on my part, of course, and there's only so much that can be accomplished by parsing phrases and reading tea leaves.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see!

Edited by Alan_A
  • Upvote 1

Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!"
-- Saint-Exupery