Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 17th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

12 minutes ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

They should select you though as your computer may be actually able to run two instances of the sim next to each other, that will give them twice the test capacity LOL

If it only were that easy LOL

Balls.

Bring it before me when it is complete.

Then, I'll fly it - if I like it.

(7000+ hrs in the Sim, 300+ hrs RW SEP - PA-28)

Edited by Guest

I hope people getting the tech alpha realise that it will be an old build, likely a few months old, and all they will be doing is bug-fix validation from previous build cycles. This is how tech alphas from other games publishers tend to work. The main purpose is data gathering from user’s PCs to expand the performance database from a few hundred PCs to perhaps 3,000+ PCs. This will allow DX11 graphics driver tuning, bandwidth management tuning, and UI design optimisation based on mouse click/pointer/movement tracking.

I would imagine that any alpha tester who spills the beans and even admits they have the build or shows screenshots or videos will likely have their Microsoft Account terminated and IP addresses black banned. This would probably extend to all uses of that Microsoft Account across MS-Office, Windows 10, XBOX and more. Certainly not worth breaching the NDA. 

13 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

I would imagine that any alpha tester who spills the beans and even admits they have the build or shows screenshots or videos will likely have their Microsoft Account terminated and IP addresses black banned. This would probably extend to all uses of that Microsoft Account across MS-Office, Windows 10, XBOX and more. Certainly not worth breaching the NDA. 

The following step will be an execution in front of city hall. 

Jokes aside, don't mess with the NDA.

Edited by FlyerNYC

22 hours ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

The e-mail specifically stated you are not allowed to say you're a tester. Nah just kidding (although the mail may say so actually) haven't seen anything from them yet. They should select you though as your computer may be actually able to run two instances of the sim next to each other, that will give them twice the test capacity LOL

I can't tell if @charleslee201 was being sarcastic but if he was being serious it seems they may be going for low to medium systems to test the sim on in this first round. Just speculation though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I can't tell if @charleslee201 was being sarcastic but if he was being serious it seems they may be going for low to medium systems to test the sim on in this first round. Just speculation though.

I wouldn't mind as my system is a few years old right now, but probably still counts as a medium system 🙂 My only hope is that I can run it decently on full-HD while getting somewhere near the quality of the screenshots and video's we've been showed. 

Hmm the devs left quite a mistake as of while reading it for a youtube vid there were to typos

"We are "in the in the" final stages of preparing to release our first series of announcements as part of our Partnership Announcement Series. While we are still working "on the wrapping up" the final few details, we are targeting mid-November for officially kicking off this series which will provide insight into all the amazing partnerships taking part in the development of the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. " can you spot it?

5 hours ago, Pilotmini said:

Hmm the devs left quite a mistake as of while reading it for a youtube vid there were to typos

"We are "in the in the" final stages of preparing to release our first series of announcements as part of our Partnership Announcement Series. While we are still working "on the wrapping up" the final few details, we are targeting mid-November for officially kicking off this series which will provide insight into all the amazing partnerships taking part in the development of the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. " can you spot it?

Two 

• Like 3

I have a pretty old system right now. I intend to upgrade it as soon as there is a sim I want to use and my PC makes that experience not enjoyable. From the sound of it, MS2020 might be more dependent on internet bandwidth than pure computing power. Something I can't just logon to Amazon and fix with a couple hundred bucks...

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

I sure hope this sim pans out. I remember when the fsx demo came out and I was staring at the screen and subpar visuals with 10fps asking myself wth is this mess...

• Like 2

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

We are all praying with you. 😁

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.