Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

HP Reverb vs Samsung Odyssey plus

8 hours ago, Avidean said:

Hmmm, That's interesting. Hard to see how it would be even possible to run P3D 4. in VR at over 90fps even on the lowest graphical setting.I found the Odyssey+ 30fps in both eyes fine in P3D V4. If clarity and sharpness in the Reverb takes a hit a lower frame rates, I have to wonder if there is a real benefit of the higher resolution at lower FPS and if its worth the price difference. The waters are muddied again. On the other hand there is no substitute for seeing for yourself. I suppose I could always return it or sell it after a couple of months if it didn't meet my expectations.

I'm sorry, I never stated that you can collect 90 fps in P3d. so please read my comment again. I Wrote,  only in experimental for VR written sim software like Aerofly and Flyinside. There you can reach 90/90 and is a Hugh different compared to re-projection to 45fps you can reach in P3D.

Edited by simba_nl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Its the native method FOV of the Reverb's screen period...

There is nothing scuba glass or goggle like about the Samsung Odyssey Plus OLED...

Your statement is simply inaccurate and false sir 

Ill post some Odyssey Plus screens later in comparison...really nothing to compare actually

The the whole screen area of Odyssey Plus is the same no tunnel like FOV blurring at all

Do you understand now?

V7CkRPA.png

aCA1i9Q.png

pNTL2jz.png

Yep,  well,  when sitting in a real cockpit and focussing on the stick, or focussing on the Engine Limitations plate, I see in real life the areas left and right also "out of focus"  or "blurred" and that's very, very normal so what a joke is this again and still not what I mentioned with looking thru a Scuba Dive Glass. (seeing the rounding corners of the Headset)

OK Gents, Thanks for feedback and opinions. Play nice 😁

I found the the while wearing the Odyssey+ in flight sim I could see the edge of the image if I went looking for it but once immersed in the flight sim I was oblivious of it. In driving games like Project cars and particularly Dirt Rally I did notice it more but I would not have described it as a scuba mask. Its more like wearing a helmet and that is far less restrictive of view than a scuba mask and quite apropos to the activity wouldn't you say. And I would say that blurring in your field of view outside of the of what you a looking directly at is normal and if a head set takes advantage of this phenomena for the purpose of improving performance that's good. Of course if it doesn't add to performance its bad.

So if Understand everything correctly now the HP reverb does use this blurring effect outside the sweet spot for the purpose of improved performance and does have a slight larger field of view. And I have one user who has gone from Odyssey+ to HP Reverb and 'swears' by the Reverb.

So thank you all. I am buying a Reverb 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simba_nl said:

Yep,  well,  when sitting in a real cockpit and focussing on the stick, or focussing on the Engine Limitations plate, I see in real life the areas left and right also "out of focus"  or "blurred" and that's very, very normal so what a joke is this again and still not what I mentioned with looking thru a Scuba Dive Glass. (seeing the rounding corners of the Headset)

This right here is absolutely unacceptable, 

I’m also going to let your little anti Reverb remarks slide because I have very low expectations of a factual response from you.

I came with facts and even took the time to show you, and instead you are too bitter and sore to just acknowledge one’s own misinformation?

Are you seriously that offended to not even admit your flawed logic? We simply don’t take our ball and go home or just deflect when we are proven wrong.

How about a thank you?

You’re certainly welcome!

@HiFlyerThis place is getting ridiculous lately. Folks will jump the cliff before honestly acknowledging and admitting to being incorrect about something. 
When did facts and actual proof become allergens?
What is in the water here???

@Avidean

Thanks for reading my post! I’m glad you understand the differences and you replied with a humble intelligent response !The Reverb is a great choice! I’m hoping Samsung drops something better soon!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

17 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

This right here is absolutely unacceptable, 

I’m also going to let your little anti Reverb remarks slide because I have very low expectations of a factual response from you.

I came with facts and even took the time to show you, and instead you are too bitter and sore to just acknowledge one’s own misinformation?

Are you seriously that offended to not even admit your flawed logic? We simply don’t take our ball and go home or just deflect when we are proven wrong.

How about a thank you?

You’re certainly welcome!

@HiFlyerThis place is getting ridiculous lately. Folks will jump the cliff before honestly acknowledging and admitting to being incorrect about something. 
When did facts and actual proof become allergens?
What is in the water here???

@Avidean

Thanks for reading my post! I’m glad you understand the differences and you replied with a humble intelligent response !The Reverb is a great choice! I’m hoping Samsung drops something better soon!

Get your self a life BlueShark747, stay under water where Sharks belong, even with 747 wings.

Edited by simba_nl

Looks like the OP has his answer and made his decision.  'Nuff playground back and forth on this subject!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: