Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

No support for TrackIR !?

I just watched a youtube video from Canard PC (french video game media). They attended the Global Preview Event and they asked the devs about TrackIR support, they said no (like VR).

We all know VR will probably be available later, but TrackIR is much cheaper than VR which means even with an old-medium configuration and 100€ you can enjoy a very immersive experience. 

Please Asobo and Microsoft, make TrackIR work if not at release, shortly after.

Thank you

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

TrackIR is a must especially for IFR

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Lukas Dalton

I want trackir support too please. Wanted to buy one in summer and then they announced msfs and I thought I'd wait. But I'm ready to invest heavily on this sim and some new hardware. 

Vr doesn't bother me. Can't use it but trackir would be nice

• Like 2

Wouldn't Trackir support come from the other direction. .. Natural Point,  not MS?

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

17 minutes ago, DaWu said:

TrackIR is a must especially for IFR

? I guess you mean VFR.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this was posted about at the time and shown to be a false reading of what was said by some of the creators. 

Edited by bonchie

2 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

? I guess you mean VFR.

Yeah I do oops

Lukas Dalton

Since they said simconnect is part of the new simulator any head tracker that uses opentrack might just work out of the box.

We'll see. Agree it's a must for VFR and the focus of MSFS initially is all on VFR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

I'm pretty sure this was posted about at the time and shown to be a false reading of what was said by some of the creators. 

That was not a misunderstanding, these people and the developpers are french (me also),they specifically said they asked about TrackIR, I think they understood each other very well 😞

I don't know if Natural Point can support a game which is not natively made to be used with TrackIR, that's the real question...

I'm not a TIR user so forgive the ignorance. Why is it up to MS to make TIR compatible? Is there something with it that requires a sim change to make TIR function? If there is a decent SDK wouldn't it be up to the dev to make his product work through the SDK?

Really just asking, not trying to start a fight...

Edited by gsand
  • Like 2

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

For most, once you use TrackIR, you can't go back.  It's much more immersive, especially when VFR flying.

I would hope that this would be compatible with MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

Wouldn't Trackir support come from the other direction. .. Natural Point,  not MS?

The sims I've used that support TrackIR like X-Plane, Rise of Flight, Elite Dangerous etc. have native support, so it integrates smoothly with the default view system.

9 minutes ago, gsand said:

I'm not a TIR user so forgive the ignorance. Why is it up to MS to make TIR compatible? Is there something with it that requires a sim change to make TIR function? If there is a decent SDK wouldn't it be up to the dev to make his product work through the SDK?

It's about smooth integration. Every sim has its own unique way of handling the player viewpoint, and the keys or controller switches that move the viewpoint around. When a sim supports TrackIR natively, it can avoid conflicts with the default views. That can be a problem with hacked-in, outside solutions. Some games like Elite Dangerous also take advantage of native support to do tricks like opening and closing MFD panel displays when you glance left or right. 

Frankly, I can't understand why native TrackIR support wouldn't be in the first release of the new MSFS. It can't be that difficult to build in, because even small studios manage to support it. Just look at the huge list of games that support Track IR, and click on the "Filter by Flight" tab:

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/

It would be crazy for the new MSFS not to be on that list.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks Paraffin, understood. Appreciate the info, was really just curious.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Microsoft has said many times that the implementation of features is prioritized accordingly with community wishes. I also was pretty confident that TrackIR will be supported natively but since no one raised the subject, I think it has been moved at the end of the famous "Feedback Dashboard" . Maybe all we have to do is to raise our voices 🙂