Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

No support for TrackIR !?

6 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Wouldn't Trackir support come from the other direction. .. Natural Point,  not MS?

+1

That is how it flowed previously.  The team member likely failed to understand the question, -or- also recognized the support must come from the other side of the equation.  Time to simmer down here! 

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

57 minutes ago, irrics said:

What data are you basing that off of?

You got me, no data at all. Just my perception from what I hear/read. Should have clarified that initially.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Several years (okay, more like 1.5 decades) ago, some kind simmer sent me his TIR rig. I used it for several months, but had to stop because it gave me a painful ache in my neck.

My biggest problem now is getting used to having the hat switch on the left yoke grip instead of the right yoke grip! Twenty years of using CH Yoke trained my right thumb quite well. My new Saitek yoke is a disappointment.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, Izgud said:

Welcome and congratulations on your first post.

About your data…

What is the context and source for it?

(Sorry - specifically quoted that so the graphics couldn't change on me after my post)

Edited by irrics
Deleted excessive quote. Again!
  • Like 1

^^ This

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

5 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

The best argument is simply that every other current civilian flight sim supports it, so why shouldn't the new MSFS? In today's flight sim environment, it would be like leaving out support for yokes, throttle quadrants, and pedals.

There's a fair difference between "support for yokes" and "support for TrackIR".

I don't believe in adding things to software simply because others have it.  Decision making like that just leads to immense bloat.

That said, from an outsiders perspective, it seems very reasonable to support TIR at some point on the road map, and I certainly hope you guys get your TIR support.

Edited by irrics

One hundred percent for TrackIR!

Richard

• Like 2

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

TrackIR hasn't come up in priority because like myself I think we all assumed it would work from the beginning.

I am a TrackIR user. Never fly without it so of course I would be disappointed if it didn't work. However I wouldn't go as far as saying I won't buy the new sim. Have you seen what's coming? Seriously? I mean just look at it! The pro's are vastly outweighing the cons so far.

There will be plenty of alpha users who have TrackIR so I'm sure they will try it and see what happens.

So Microsoft, if TrackIR can't make the release, please consider it in an update.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

Now you come in this thread to disparage TIR? Let people ask for what they want.

Now I certainly would have been very pleased if that wonderfully democratic final sentence had occurred to some people a few threads earlier.

Meanwhile, whether TIR comes to the sim or not is of no interest to me at all one way or another, and under other circumstances I would certainly second the request and think not another thought about it.

I disparage nothing here but hypocrisy.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

24 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I am a TrackIR user. Never fly without it so of course I would be disappointed if it didn't work. However I wouldn't go as far as saying I won't buy the new sim. Have you seen what's coming? Seriously? I mean just look at it! The pro's are vastly outweighing the cons so far.

A very thoughtful and well reasoned take..

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

I am big Arma 3 fan and I could not land any helicopter on a difficult landing zone without TrackIR, it is just impossible. It is like closing your eyes and hope for the best. So I hope Asobo ans Microsoft will consider it when they will add helis into the sim, even if it is a civilian one. The beauty and the ability of landing a heli between buildings, on a rooftop or on a moving ship depends entirely on the ability to look at different points in space almost at the same time...

Edited by Noooch

I can't fly without TrackIR. 🤣

• Like 2

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

8 minutes ago, troyboy66 said:

I can't fly without TrackIR. 🤣

I can’t even check email without TrackIR

• Like 2

Track ir....its an odd bit of kit, all flimsy and all that but in my opinion the number one addon that  surely can't be missed by Microsoft.

C'mon, even ETS have TrackIR..

If you look at the games supported list, every Simulator with capital S, has it.