Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 14th, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

17 hours ago, RalfNass said:

I've found this video in youtube. Pretty similar don't you think ;-). 

Wow, that's frikken awesome.   You could stuff 100 add-ons into FSX/P3D  and it still wouldn't look like the FS2020 footage - and if it did, it'd be a slide show.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Wow, that's frikken awesome.   You could stuff 100 add-ons into FSX/P3D  and it still wouldn't look like the FS2020 footage - and if it did, it'd be a slide show.

not True on P3D.  My Installation looks very close to the FS2020 Sim with add-on. I think the point you want to make is everything is in the box without having to have add on scenery. 

Capt. Robert Rixx

I'm really impressed by everything they've been doing so far. The lighting and sky/weather system is a game changer I think. The ground scenery is also mind blowing at times.

There are a few things that I'm curious about though;

1. Are they going to try to remove shadows from the aerial/satellite images using Azure? In this post https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/dzmrvg/the_town_in_this_fs2020_screenshot_is_bozel/  if you compare the two screenshots you can see that the shadows are still there (look at the row of trees next to the lake or at the hills). It seems to me that this is going to look strange at a certain time of day. It still looks amazing though, but I guess I'm just wondering if such a thing is possible to do.

2. Will there be power lines and other autogen scenery (windmills etc.) on top of the buildings and trees layer?

My first post here. Very excited about the new simulator. I've played FSX a lot (back when you could still use a SideWinder Force Feedback using your gameport :p.)

Really looking forward to the next update!

10 hours ago, FireRx said:

not True on P3D.  My Installation looks very close to the FS2020 Sim with add-on.

true P3D can look great, but only a few hectar's and tons of your HDD space used (not talking about the tons of $ to spend).

And you have to take care after each update for every add-on to still work, you know the standard fs simmers procedure the last 10 years.

But all this is blown away after the latest Discovery Series 3: Aerodynamics, this is the most important part for flight simmers.