Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 14th, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

We will have access to beta during spring I think, so not so far away 

Edited by cepact

On 11/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, Baber20 said:

One thing I noticed is how the shadow on the engine is sharp on the inner side near the fuselage and gradually becomes soft near the pylon. Super impressive if it is what I think it is. A very neat technique also used in Red Dead redemption 2. 

GTAV on PC had it as well, though RDR2 did seem to improve on it.

Any predictions on release date 😉 ? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, ssair1 said:

Any predictions on release date 😉 ? 

Soon as far as was said in X019. But my topic was closed so no more speculation 

On 11/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, Jeff Nielsen said:

Let's hope the CJ4 is a Proline and not a Garmin...lol  Hope the pic comes out

I really hope when this is released we don't see wailing and moaning about the lack of study level aircraft. Addon aircraft will surely take care of that. They have to draw the budget line somewhere....

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:16 PM, srce said:

People pretending they aren't going to be buying this 😂

No , do not drop your jaw. You will need it. 😁

On 11/15/2019 at 12:18 PM, Mengy said:

MFS is still in alpha, it's way too early to lock down a release date.

My hunch is December of 2020 at the very earliest.

I'd say December 2020 at the latest, personally.  They might be calling the sim "pre-alpha", but if it's already at the point where they are putting it in the hands of the public for exhibitions and testing, it's pretty far along and reasonably stable.

Assuming these alpha tests go well, we'd likely be looking at beta-state within the next 6 months, unless they've delayed it to add requested features due to community demand.

Add in that the devs themselves have thrown around "2020" a lot, and yeah... December at the latest.

Assume December 2020 and then if it arrives earlier we can be pleasantly surprised. If it ends up being December, we can then congratulate ourselves for being so prescient. It's a win-win.

I suspect the demographic for MSFS (and flightsims in general) is the more mature male. The type of person wives find it incredibly hard to think of a Christmas presents for. Therefore, a Christmas release would be a sensible marketing target for MS and give them the maximum time for development and polishing whilst fulfilling their promise of 2020.

Methinks that your suspicions of the MSFS demographics, by stating that the game is targeted at the mature married male, is slightly incorrect!

Yes, MSFS will be released, it is said, before the Xbox version. However, www.statista.com states that, in the fourth fiscal quarter of 2019, Microsoft's online gaming service, Xbox Live/Game Pass, had 65 million monthly active users, across all Xbox platforms. 

xbox-live-demographics.jpg?itok=gFBhcIn9

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, this commitment of realism, with such indepth atmospherics, aircraft, and overall visuals, never ceases to amaze on each video. And for this reason plus actually taking to heart in listening to the community, I formerly forgive you Microsoft, for dropping the ball a few times, leaving fsx high and dry, and then gamified flight that was useless for our purposes. 

This really makes up for it. But I have to be honest, this drip feeding marketing promotion is like getting your teeth pulled out without lidocaine. The kid that gets brought to the candy store multiple times only to be told, don't touch, no eating. Here's your napkin. Stop drooling. 

But the comments on the trailers are also entertaining. 

On the latest trailer someone wrote.... "This fixed my ED problem". 

Hard to believe this is pre alpha. Want to fly around now, bugs and all accepted. 

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Methinks that your suspicions of the MSFS demographics, by stating that the game is targeted at the mature married male, is slightly incorrect!

It was just my suspicion, based on nothing more than a licked finger in the wind. 🙋‍♂️ Thanks for the data. It confirms what I've read before that female computer game players are reaching parity with males. I think there's a lot of subtlety in the types of games each sex prefers and the data/analysis is still not complete (and evolving). In fact, when you think of it from this perspective, being a sim that isn't violence based, with a learning curve that rewards study and application, and expressly concerned with the real world, we may well see a very significant female proportion of players. I wonder if there's already data on this for flight sims. Bring it on I say. But wives still rack their brains about what to buy their husbands for Christmas (as mine does).

I think PC will release in June/July of 2020 and the XB version along with new XB hardware around a year from now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

they said we are much closer than we think. 

I think the next months will be very exciting. What's next? Alphas, Open Beta, ...?

I'm excited and I hope MS let testing us all soon and that we're really closer than we all think