Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Other Flight Sim Forums in Denial

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

All these problems should be less than 12 months away from being fixed. (seasons is already)

That I am excited about, Laminar have delivered on every promise they have made for the two years since I bought it... MS, well... I'll not start that argument. Plenty of other posters commented on that already.

Seasons are not fixed by any stretch of the imagination.  Only xenviro provides seasons for orthos, as far as I know (and that's a terrible, buggy and expensive addon) and all the other seasons I see floating around are just terrible, and some are just too cumbersome to mess around with. I also have doubts that x-plane will have decent weather, night lighting or other enhancements- real shadows, better reflections, aircraft lighting within a year unless they spend a significant amount of money to pay for the talent to make that happen (or to license it from somewhere else).  And, if you think that outside developers are going to give us all of that in less than a year, just look at how long it's taken them to give us the half-working products so far. 

Edited by dal330200
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

Incorrect I have it you get $99 discount for the MSFS version full price possibly $149.

Ok, I forgot about that, but still- a discount on a tried-and-true bird that will be in the sim not long after it's released doesn't seem like a bad tradeoff.  However, I'm not sure I want it.  I fell in love with the ZIBO in X-plane after flying the NGX for 3 years.  The colors in the cockpit of the NGX are all wrong, and I think the physics in the Zibo are much more accurate.  If I don't have any other option, I'll get the NG3, but maybe I'll just build my time in the airbus for a while.  But circling back to performance, I still think that everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised with what they get on their particular systems.  Of course a good upgrade with the RTX will help a lot, but it's an investment worth making no matter what sim we use.

36 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Hey Robin you do, of course, realize that the only default aircraft in FS20 are crop dusters ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

and I think the physics in the Zibo are much more accurate. 

Funny, the Zibo is well known for having fairly inaccurate physics compared to the real thing. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

14 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

Only xenviro provides seasons for orthos, as far as I know

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51354-winterizer-a-tool-for-snowy-orthophotos/

XP11.30 i think that added for enabling/disabling installed scenery based on season.

Laminar make a great product and are terrible at presenting themselves.

Microsoft are great at presenting themselves....

Dont think there is anyone denying that much.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

4 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Funny, the Zibo is well known for having fairly inaccurate physics compared to the real thing. 

Except for the pilots who fly it.

Just now, dal330200 said:

Except for the pilots who fly it.

Yeah, no. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

It doesn't matter.  I prefer it after spending more than 1500 hours in both.  Deal with it. 

Edited by dal330200

21 minutes ago, domkle said:

Hey Robin you do, of course, realize that the only default aircraft in FS20 are crop dusters ? 

I don't think the 747 counts as a crop duster...

Nor the A320 or the Citation.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Are 747, A320 & Citations made up names for tractors? if so, Farm Simulator 2020 -FS20 is being quite 'creative'.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

21 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

It doesn't matter.  I prefer it after spending more than 1500 hours in both.  Deal with it. 

🤣 Enjoy my friend. 

26 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I don't think the 747 counts as a crop duster...

Why ? You take a 747 Firefighter Tanker, fill the tank with nice agro-chemicals and off you go fly !  

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Aerofly have just anounced "FS2020", an iPhone flight simulator. They already have an FS2019 out, and this will be the update.

Time to rethink some of those acronyms...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

7 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Aerofly have just anounced "FS2020", an iPhone flight simulator. They already have an FS2019 out, and this will be the update.

Time to rethink some of those acronyms...

Best regards

:laugh: !

Maybe I will move to SV20 then.

Dominique