Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Other Flight Sim Forums in Denial

Shrug. You're obviously coming in here looking to stir the pot. Don't feign surprise when people give you the reaction you're seeking.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Actually no, I was at the time around one post in about 7, the others got deleted because the general response to  "microsofts flight model will never be as good as xplanes because there devs are not as good as Austin" [and Laminar a 25 year head start since they "went back to the drawing board"] was to launch personal attacks on me, and the org thinks deleting posts will protect my fragile little mind.

Actually no, I signed up here because I was looking for further updates and found the org thread was being discussed.

My personal thoughts on the matter are.

if new XBOX Released without VR support then 
ignore XBOX and MSFS2020
else
Laminar release XP12 on XBOX store
Buy XBOX
if rand()<0.1
Buy MSFS2020
end
end

But there is no need or point in getting personal.

the truth, as you have nothing more to say about the topic ms on x-plane, about the answers you have been given to your main arguments that I remind you here to avoid people reading you there:
- asobo is an  baby develloper who develops games for kids
- 8month is not enought for devellop a flight model
- the game will not be vr
- it will be that for xbox
- the flight model will never be as good as on xplane because ..... Austin work on this since 25 years
- the flight model is not predictive and in xplane it's predictive...
- It's on dx11 and you'll need a nasa machine.
- as it is dx11 it will not be able to be in vr because the vr is necessarily dx12
- graphically xplane does as well
- and there's a whole bunch of console games that have nothing to do with a simulator but do better, nothing is impresive

you concluded the same way as here to say roughly there is a 10% chance that you will buy microsoft flight simulator 2020 and only if there is VR support on xbox.

But without being a soothsayer, I think we're still going to put up with your word not allowed until the release and more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, azulkb said:

- asobo is an  baby develloper who develops games for kids
- 8month is not enought for devellop a flight model
- the game will not be vr
- it will be that for xbox
- the flight model will never be as good as on xplane because ..... Austin work on this since 25 years
- the flight model is not predictive and in xplane it's predictive...
- It's on dx11 and you'll need a nasa machine.
- as it is dx11 it will not be able to be in vr because the vr is necessarily dx12
- and there's a whole bunch of console games that have nothing to do with a simulator but do better, nothing is impresive

Couldn't have said it better myself. But oh my did that set some people off.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

3 minutes ago, mSparks said:

It was your words I was quoting, but the translation may not have been clear. but you confirm thank you, it will save reading time on the xplane forum

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, mSparks said:

So clearly your here trying to stir people up.  If you think msfs will be a dud and your not interested in ever owning a copy,  then fine. Dont waste your time on it and definitely dont come here spewing vitreoul about Asobo, Microsoft and MSFS

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, azulkb said:

It was your words I was quoting, but the translation may not have been clear. but you confirm thank you, it will save reading time on the xplane forum

Understood.

I would say this isn't exactly  I was saying

29 minutes ago, azulkb said:

more like

graphically MSFS2020 will not be able to do more, better than XP11 on current hardware,

->because current hardware is already pushed beyond its limits by XP11.

I am absolutely excited by what is coming from the next generation of hardware. I don't expect MS to lead that however, especially if the next XBOX is all AMD based, AMD still have big steps to make to catch up with nvidia for graphics across the entire spectrum.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

25 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Understood.

more like

graphically MSFS2020 will not be able to do more, better than XP11 on current hardware,

I am absolutely excited by what is coming from the next generation of hardware. I don't expect MS to lead that however, especially if the next XBOX is all AMD based, AMD still have big steps to make to catch up with nvidia for graphics across the entire spectrum.

and to prove your point, you posted in this place a well-known footage, we can see also on reddit that pushes xplane into its latest entrenchments.

myself amateur photographer I know the trick well. To hide all the defects of the background, its poverty, the flat side of the light, the lack of precision, I put my focus at 1.8. Everything is blurred except the main subject.

I'd like to see the same video again, but without all the blur in the background.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, azulkb said:

I'd like to see the same video again, but without all the blur in the background.

Then go ask the author (or just install XP11 for yourself, it has been out for a while now), why are you saying this to me?

The other trick is to cut the video before it reaches the defects.

You know, like

image.thumb.png.b84cb77956c69feb7403bdd913d7e026.png

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

The contrast between the occasional wittiness, interestingly varied points of view, informative posts, remarkable insights, and some plainly absurd statements and opinions expressed about the Microsoft FS project and other flight simulators brings a lot of comedic value and comic relief to what could be dry discussions.

i should really consider using shorter sentences now that I think of it.

In any case, keep it coming y’all, we have some popcorn left 🙂 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Then go ask the author, why are you saying this to me?

The other trick is to cut the video before it reaches the defects.

You know, like [picture with blob tree]

I prefer 100 more time a accurate landscape, accurate building, in accurate place with accurate weather and light with few blob tree, than a landscape where everything is definitely arid and in all aspects.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Understood.

more like

Okay I'll bite.

Graphically msfs can do heaps better.  With a new highly refined modern engine designed for mulitiple cores and offloading certain work to the gpu.  Engine design is key.  It's high object draw count can be attributed to fast efficient frostum culling and many multiple levels of detail

Many modern AAA games draw just as many objects to the screen with lots of post processing.   It's 2019,  flight sims have been stuck in the stone ages when it comes to graphics.  Sure building the world is a challenge, but using autogen the current meshes and world objects resolutions are really poor.  They're running on 20 year old refined engines and have been too slow to the party in fully using multiple cores and graphics cards.

As one of the devs said. Computationally there's not much going on in a flight sim compared to a game.  

Neumann: Flight simulators require comparatively few resources for artificial intelligence. Normally the CPU in games is used to calculate the opponents and the NPCs. We have an airplane - and a few other airplanes - but they're usually 30 or 100 kilometers away.

We use the computing power of the CPU in principle for the instruments as well as for the autopilot. Everything else is done by the GPU. And this is 'many thread' and offers a lot of computing power.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

offloading certain work to the gpu.

RTX2080Ti -> somewhat.

GTX1080Ti and below -> no. no space for anything particularly significant.

Many modern AAA games draw just as many objects to the screen with lots of post processing.

The limit that stops more drawing from the likes of current XP11 builds is loading them into super fast storage.

XP11 can draw much more than is available "out of the box" (there is even freeware UHD mesh, and you can edit scenery down to inch accuracy), but:

* It wont run on most peoples machines (even less than have VR)

* Even on machines it can run on then suffer huge stutters/load pauses which is forbidden by the FAA (and are awful even if it wasn't).

They're running on 20 year old refined engines

XP11 graphics engine has been rewritten from scratch for 11.50.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=X-Plane-11.50-Has-Vulkan

We literally just finished beta testing a large portion of that rewrite a couple of weeks ago. Waiting in angst for the full rebuild to beta test, due to drop any day now.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

why it's being allowed?  It wasn't allowed in the past here at AVSIM.

I recognize and defend your right to say so but, frankly speaking, I find it disturbing that you and @simbol, and only you two commercial developers, keep on asking to lock or not allow threads that you find contrary to your business interest (See the P3D forum recent locked thread at the request of Raul). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, domkle said:

I recognize and defend your right to say so but, frankly speaking, I find it disturbing that you and @simbol, and only you two commercial developers, keep on asking to lock or not allow threads that you find contrary to your business interest (See the P3D forum recent locked thread at the request of Raul). 

Please read this very carefully: https://www.avsim.com/AVSIM Pages/terms_of_use.html/

I Quote:

Behavior and Your Actions: AVSIM’s goal is to provide an educational and entertainment resource for people with similar interests and a community that is fun to be part of by users from around the world. Your acts and words on AVSIM will not, in any way, infringe upon others enjoyment of the AVSIM site. Any acts of bigotry, profanity, or disregard for what is reasonably considered to be social “norms” will result in suspension or banning entirely. Keep in mind that AVSIM is a multinational and multicultural site, and "norms" vary from country to country. What may be acceptable in your culture / country, may not be acceptable in others. If in doubt, contact AVSIM staff BEFORE you post anything that could be offensive elsewhere. This clause also includes and refers to any material or language that AVSIM Staff consider to be inflammatory and intended to do no more than elicit controversy and division.

Freedom Of Speech: AVSIM is not a democracy, and there is no such thing as "Freedom of Speech" in our forums. If you believe that you are entitled to that freedom without restriction and that you should be able to do and say as you please, then reconsider... Please do NOT register.

I am not asking threads to be locked because they are contrary to my businesses, any platform is an opportunity for my business and I have said many, many times. I am asking them to be locked down when they spread "FALSE" information and are against of AVSIM terms and conditions.

Also I will not tolerate hate comments towards me, other vendors or other members of this site.

Once again I wonder what is the benefit for AVSIM and the majority of members about this very topic? it is nothing more than another waste of resources and time in my opinion.

S.

• Upvote 1