Sign in to follow this  
Scottoest

Any Reaction to the Alpha Yet?

It's understandable how everyone is really excited to get all the information that they can.

Bear in mind, however:

• No-one can say anything due to the NDA;

• A lot of information about the sim is already common knowledge - media Global Preview Event back in September / first-look commentaries and the XO19 playable demo report here, give detailed impressions of the sim already;

• Tech Alpha 2 participants will find out for themselves how the sim looks, feels, performs; and,

• Some people might find waiting for a final product a far more exciting experience than getting their hands on the sim early.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

No need to block a username or IP address, they can just remove the licence from your Microsoft/Xbox account, which is required for any software tied to a client's DRM. It is like Flight Simulator X and older software that required a serial number, you can have it installed on your hard drive but not play it without activating it first, or Flight Simulator 2004 which requires the fourth CD inside your drive. Though breaching the NDA would also come with a harsh punishment like banning the account I imagine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, F737NG said:
  • Some people might find waiting for a final product a far more exciting experience than getting their hands on the sim early.

Exciting? It is torture! 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pitbull2504 said:

Exciting? It is torture! 😂

Sorry, I should have said "might find getting their hands on a final product is a far more exciting experience than getting it early."

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

hearing that tidbit about Atlanta airport makes me a little nervous.  I hope that ALL airports in the new sim are AT LEAST as detailed as FSX.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

36 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

... or Flight Simulator 2004 which requires the fourth CD inside your drive. 

I have a somewhat belated confession to make. I downloaded a replacement EXE that circumvented the need to have the fourth CD in the tray. 🥴

Will I still be able to buy MFS20 when it’s released or am I now on a Hall of Shame list. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 hours ago, Krakin said:

Just point me in the direction of the leaks

if life gives you lemons 😛

Victor Roos

9 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have a somewhat belated confession to make. I downloaded a replacement EXE that circumvented the need to have the fourth CD in the tray. 🥴

Will I still be able to buy MFS20 when it’s released or am I now on a Hall of Shame list. 😉

Hehe, Ray I'm in the same hall of shame as you then 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

13 minutes ago, jlund said:

Hehe, Ray I'm in the same hall of shame as you then 🙂

😁 I suspect it would be a very long list.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

38 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You are safe.  We all did that!  :)

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I really don't see the point of this topic. People will be under strict instructions as to what they can and cannot say. I don't see how anything not already in the public domain could be made public knowledge by any who have signed up for the Alpha testing. Hence why any screen shots have watermarks on them. Microsoft have thought of all that as you would expect them to.

As I mentioned in my OP - the point was not to ask anyone to directly break an NDA, or to post images or whatever.  The point was to see if anyone had heard anything second- or third-hand from people who are in the alpha, about what the reception and feelings have been to it.  None of that violates anything, because you hearing something from someone else doesn't transfer any agreement to you.  And I wasn't looking for specific information (though that'd be great) - just taking the broader temperature of what the general reception has been like.

And for all of the talk about how no one would possibly speak freely about such a thing, we've had several people relay things they've heard about it, and several people talking about screenshots and videos that were quickly removed, haha.

• Like 1

@Scottoest,  by the time anything not already in the public domain is fed down through multiple people can you imagine how distorted it could become?

It reminds me of something that was used as an example in WW2. “Send reinforcements, we’re going to advance” became “Send three and four pence, we’re going to a dance”. 🤣

Patience is a virtue. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

As I mentioned in my OP - the point was not to ask anyone to directly break an NDA, or to post images or whatever.  The point was to see if anyone had heard anything second- or third-hand from people who are in the alpha, about what the reception and feelings have been to it.  None of that violates anything, because you hearing something from someone else doesn't transfer any agreement to you. 

So you want to hear what people who have broken the NDA have to say? Seems like an odd request to me. If you understand what the "Alpha" state of software means, it's not really all that helpful to hear anything about it, because that's not the sim you will eventually be flying. It's probably not even the current state of development, because in-house builds in this type of project are usually further along than what's released for the invited Alpha or Beta test groups. 

And I wasn't looking for specific information (though that'd be great) - just taking the broader temperature of what the general reception has been like.

Nobody who wants to remain in the program is going to tell you anything useful. There may be one or two people who want a brief Internet spotlight by breaking the NDA, but that's going to be a single snapshot of the process, not where things stand right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Will all the transparency that Microsoft/Asobo has been providing up until now, I'd say we just let the alpha testers do their jobs and evaluate the platform without all of us intentionally or unintentionally pressuring them for releasing nuggets of information that might sneak around the NDA.

For those of you participating in the alphas, it's probably best to neither confirm nor deny your participation. Just go about your testing/scripts and do your best to offer constructive feedback to make the platform the best it can be when it finally does release. Be thorough when testing, document repeatable errors and bugs, and enjoy the privilege!

After all, when the product does finally release, for better or worse, YOU will be in the crosshairs for not pointing out any bugs left over...  (heheh)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I do not want to hear anything about the new MFS unless Microsoft give permission for information to be released. Sadly, it was inevitable that opening up Alpha testing to the internet crowd was going to result in a handful of idiots with zero morals "slipping through the net". Some people just do not understand (or do not care) what the term "NDA" really means.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png