Sign in to follow this  
Bohemond

MilViz King Air B350i Imminent Release...

40 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Seriously? About the price, I mean.

That's an outrageous price with there being a number of King Air aircraft available in both P3D and XPlane, I don't see how that price point could fly.

Unfortunately it seems to be the new trend.When things were cheaper I bought way more stuff, example I would buy anything PMDG would release, even though I may not really use it that much, now I'm very selective on what I purchase, I wait for reviews, then really think about if I actually want\need it. No more impulse buying for me lol.

• Upvote 1

While the exact price hasn't been announced by MV yet, I can say with reasonable confidence that the price won't be in the triple digits.

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I hope they announce a bridge to FS2020 like PMDG. I know this will be at least $100.

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Seriously? About the price, I mean.

That's an outrageous price with there being a number of King Air aircraft available in both P3D and XPlane, I don't see how that price point could fly.

It will only be $100 for those who want to buy it.  Those who don't, it won't cost anything at all.

I bought it when it first came out as a pre-release many moons ago. It has been a labor of love for Milviz.  I'm glad it is finally ready for release.

• Upvote 2

Amazing news! A very welcome Christmas surprise that I can't miss. Can we also expect to have rain drops on the windscreen? 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

21 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Can we also expect to have rain drops on the windscreen? 

It has both TrueGlass and RealLight, so there will be rain effects.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blackbrd said:

It has both TrueGlass and RealLight, so there will be rain effects.

Excellent! Can't wait 😍

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

15 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

EDIT: 2018 low hours used is about $5M ... Milviz is a bargain, and just think how much you save on fuel costs 🙂

Not to mention, the cost of another pilot.  I don't know if these are single-pilot certified though.  Maybe they are?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

15 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Count me in, looking forward to this one ... long wait.

It's definitely cheaper than new:

https://beechcraft.txtav.com/en/king-air-350i

Will it have Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion avionics suite?  ... if it does, I don't care what it costs I'll buy it!

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: 2018 low hours used is about $5M ... Milviz is a bargain, and just think how much you save on fuel costs 🙂

No Fusion. Only PL-21. Although.....I personally am interested in doing a Fusion now that my in-house D3D11 based 2D graphics engine is making it easier to combine 3D and 2D....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

May I highly encourage/suggest you migrate that to DX12.  🙂

Cheers, Rob.

Comment of the week. 😄

Signs of what may be coming perhaps?!?!  

On 12/16/2019 at 2:10 PM, Blackbrd said:

We're planning on having an FMS video tutorial available soon after release, which will include pretty much everything you need to get from point A to point B FMS wise, along with basic PL21 items such as setting your terrain and weather radars/, checklist use, etc.

I'm considering doing a much more in-depth PL21 tutorial as well, but that will depend on how much time I have available to learn the system enough to teach it, as well as the time requirements of some of the other projects that I am working on. 

Hope this helps!

Will it have a default GPS?

Stan

No.  It uses an actual, fully operational DEATH STAR.. uh... oops... wrong line... fully operational FMS 3000.  No need for a GPS...  sheesh.

We already know Rob.  Thanks though.

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

26 minutes ago, Milviz said:

No.  It uses an actual, fully operational DEATH STAR.. uh... oops... wrong line... fully operational FMS 3000.  No need for a GPS...  sheesh.

In my best Darth Vader voice:  DO NOT BE SO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU'VE CONSTRUCTED...(the King Air)
oh wait, nevermind me.

@spilok Stan -- you should follow up with a New Year's resolution to learn an FMS.  This one might be a great one to learn on, because you'll be learning it with a lot of other people at the same time.  (I am not familiar with this particular FMS in the King Air, but am familiar with FMS's in some other aircraft).   What you will find is, most FMS are similar, with only some variation in page organization, etc.   

If you can learn the GNS400 you can surely learn an FMS.

The only caveat I would see, would be that you have to "like it" -- that is, you have to enjoy setting up the FMS prior to the flight.  Some people like to open up the GPS, tag a few waypoints, and go.   An FMS is almost the same, it just requires a little more data to be entered.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

i'm in a similar situation. Pretty much a GPS guy.

Then I recently bought the Dash 8. A very cool aircraft...with an FMS.

Searching out a multitude of tutorials, some good, some you could not hear because of the freekin' music playing in the background and after committing a few hours, the FMS, along with the rest of the aircraft is much less of a mystery. I'm looking forward to continuing as this aircraft is well worth the investment.

Cheers,

Mark

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'll buy all four ... especially a high quality SR71.

'High-quality' might just be the biggest understatement of the year regarding that one.. 😏

Anyways, back to the KA discussion..  

On 12/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, Bohemond said:

The team has worked very hard over the last few weeks

That's what Milviz keeps telling us during the last 5 years.
It must be a 'coincidence' that they release it now just after the announcement of FS2020.

I made the huge mistake to buy the pre-release 5 years ago, and will never buy from Milviz again.

• Like 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11