Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

High teenager vs. turboprop engines

The teenager lost, but not without putting up a fight. I don't mess with property that doesn't belong to me. Not that I would have started the engines if I tried....

https://twitter.com/troycpope/status/1207419231068925953

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/us/teenager-steals-plane-trnd/index.html

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This seems appropriate!

brain-on-drugs.jpg

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It'll turn out that she learned to start the engines in P3D and well all be banned from buying it and all Academic Licenses will be cancelled and Microsoft will cancel MSASFS2020V1 🤣😂🤮😭

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, charliearon said:

This seems appropriate!

HIGH idle, indeed!

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 hours ago, charliearon said:

This seems appropriate!

brain-on-drugs.jpg

You need to break the yoke for "Brain on Drugs".  That fried egg makes me hungry for a Crackle Barrel breakfast.

• Like 2

She was not just randomly pulling levers and switches to be able start those turboprops.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

18 hours ago, Avidean said:

It'll turn out that she learned to start the engines in P3D and well all be banned from buying it and all Academic Licenses will be cancelled and Microsoft will cancel MSASFS2020V1 🤣😂🤮😭

Would not surprise me at all. :sad:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

A bit hard to tell from the footage, but it seems she knew enough to start the engines yet no knowledge of ground handling... Mind you, that's a good thing in a way: She didn't manage to take off.... :s_bgt:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

From what I understand she only managed to get one engine started which may explain why it went around in a circle instead of plowing into stuff directly in front of her.  I'm curious to know if she has any sort of aviation background, or other experience that helped her get it started or if it was just pure luck.  

• Like 1

Brian W

KPAE

All the more reasons all aircraft should have ignition keys! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Kind of like my wifes new van. If you can get in, you push the start button and go. Bad idea.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Wouldn’t you still need the key somewhere inside the vehicle for the button to work?

I would of thought the door would of been locked and without a key no way she would be able to get in. But once inside you don't need or have a key to start it. I wonder if she has a family member or friend who is a pilot because your average person/kid is not going to know how to successfully start a King Air. When police arrived she was in the pilots seat with head phones on? One could go on YouTube if they were really intent and find out enough to start it I suppose. Glad no one got hurt!

• Like 1