Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Milviz King Air is RELEASED

On 12/31/2019 at 9:07 PM, Doug47 said:

I never said its littered with problems. Not sure where you get that from. 

Out of curiosity, how does its performance numbers match the real work POH? I love KA's, but like someone mentioned, I DO like products that are 'perfectly realistic without any problems'. i think that's an acceptable requirement for a 5 year long development add-on? Is it not>? 

The drag curve is near perfect.  The best glide is 135 knots at 15000 lbs with a ratio of 14.1.  The book says 2.3 nm for every 1000 ft ( 14 to 1 ratio ).  So, we're off by 0.1

The stall speeds clean and with flaps are within 1 knot, as is the Vmca.  The rudder boost function works

The normal/max cruise performance is also within a couple of knots, using 100% torque and 1500 rpm

The pitch stability was determined by analyzing the wing/tail combination, using CFD, so I believe that the trim speed vs weight and CG is also very accurate.

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

Did you say help with math??? 

Yes, I did.  One of the things I always check with any of the aircraft sims I buy is to see if it can do a basic loop and go through the vertical without any problems.  That lets me know the programmer did their homework and knows how to use quaternions instead of just rotation matrices. There are also multidimensional higher order numerical techniques that help with accurate interpolation of multivariate aerodynamic and other performance data way beyond simple lookup tables.  That kind of thing.

Edited by TallTanBarbie

14 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

but true source of "bugs" is consumer pressure resulting is often too rapid "out the door" development process.

A lot of flight simmers suffer from "Addonitis" - gimme gimme now! Release it already! Fix it later!

This often results in "regretitis" - Product is a piece of cr*p! I will never buy from this developer again!

It's usually best to wait six months to a year and let the developers iron out all the bugs.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TallTanBarbie said:

If any of the developers need help with their math, just let me know 🙂

I don't think the developers need help with math, what Milviz needs help with - and maybe you can assist - is in producing a user manual and a flight tutorial, since the addon doesn't come with either (other than the hastily put together downloadable pdf available on their website).

• Upvote 1

There are now several videos available on our YT channel.  There will be no further documentation.  Only videos.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I've hoping a for chuck's guide. My Flight1 B200 has been in the hanger as the quality wasn't there. This bird sound soooo much better. I will reprieve from my usual "Addonitis" is will wait for the next patch.

... But I am getting very close to my 'purchase freeze' on P3D addons pending MSFS release.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

If we knew how to get in touch with him....

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Addon developers release an $80 addon, then think a few hastily put together YT-videos will substitute for a manual, instead hoping that the community will step in and do the job that is theirs to begin with.

Boggles the mind.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Boggles the mind that someone (see above) thinks that 80$ is worth spending a HUGE amount of time on doing a manual that NO ONE WILL READ.... Instead, they will ask us to PLEASE do videos cause those are easier to understand...  Can't win.  Really. Cannot win.

We will do the videos because they are easier to do and understand. As far as Chuck's Guides are concerned, we would PAY him to do said videos. We're not THAT cheap.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Addon developers release an $80 addon, then think a few hastily put together YT-videos will substitute for a manual, instead hoping that the community will step in and do the job that is theirs to begin with.

Boggles the mind.

Amen 

Like I said, can’t win if you do, can’t win if you don’t.  

qt least no ones saying “where’s the KA?” anymore... so there’s that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Good luck with that, see you back in 2022 ... maybe?

Cheers, Rob.

Hummm? This statement makes me wonder what is going on behind the curtain at P3D. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

Like I said, can’t win if you do, can’t win if you don’t.  

qt least no ones saying “where’s the KA?” anymore... so there’s that. 

Totally agree.  I can't imagine being a dev in an online world where everyone feels entitled to everything, wants everything yesterday, and wants it 100% perfect from day one!

On a more positive note, I just bought this plane over the weekend and wanted to say that it is awesome!  I am shocked that it hasn't gotten more hype other than this topic here.  At least I've hardly seen many videos on YT anyway.  Anyway, excellent plane!  Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

19 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Hummm? This statement makes me wonder what is going on behind the curtain at P3D. 

It might also make you wonder what isn't going on behind the curtains at Asobo.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

36 minutes ago, klamal said:

everyone feels entitled to everything,

So, asking for a manual to study this aircraft's systems and procedures, which are advertised as being beyond study-level, is me being entitled???????

• Upvote 6