Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

PMDG updates the 737 NGXu

15 hours ago, micstatic said:

is this thing safe to download yet?  I don't fly the 737 too much so not super worried.  But others have said it messed up aspects with their 747.  

It is working perfectly for me after I deleted all of my saved startup states. I only left the 3 with names starting with "NGXu".

I only have only found one minor bug. The second and third transponder setting knobs that were fixed in the last update are reversed again. 

The second thing I'm having a problem with and it might be my fault is that I haven't been able to get an AIII autoland to work. Whenever I select Cmd B to get into dual Channel mode, it just activates as the AP for the approach and deactivates cmd A.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

New update is ready!
- 0008365: [FMS - Functionality Problems (General)] FMC DES calculator problem when planned DES contains no arrival runway (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0008364: [General - Unsure] Rainmaker ceases operation on certain machines after update 2.91.0041 due to missing VS dependency (hvanrensburg) - resolved.
- 0008247: [FMS/AFDS - VNAV] T/D donut going back and forth fix (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0008362: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Both pilots seats missing side and back textures (vscimone) - resolved.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/40337-28dec19-build-2-91-0049-for-ngxu-users-is-available-please-read
Save your aircraft.cfg file BEFORE updating unless you want to reinstall all your liveries 🙂

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

18 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Save your aircraft.cfg file BEFORE updating unless you want to reinstall all your liveries 🙂

... and your own cameras 🙄

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

If you run Ops Center 2 after updating, it provides a one-click facility to recover the liveries you had before the update.

But...not the cameras.  So if you have customizations to the aircraft.cfg that aren't just liveries, then a fresh backup is a really good idea before updating.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Should I wait for another PMDG 737 NGX updates via OP2? I am not sure if my 737 needs to fix the Speedbrake lights. In Approach I arm the Speedbrake and the light is green. After touchdown I deactivate Autopilot and arm Spoilers via pressing "F2" (keyboard) and couple of seconds later the "Speedbrake Do Not Arm" light becomes On, amber. The Speedbrake green light becomes off. I disarm Spoilers via "F1". If the "Speedbrake Do Not Arm" light came On is it a problem that needs to be fixed via future updates? Or, am I missing something?

Patricio Valdes

As far as I know, F2 is reverse trust, not speedbrake

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

On 7/16/2020 at 9:05 AM, willy647 said:

As far as I know, F2 is reverse trust, not speedbrake

As you say, F2 reverses, speed brakes are Ç

Near to touchdown I deactivate AP and when wheels touch the runway I turn Throttle off and immediately press "F2" the spoilers deploy. If I press "F2" again the Speedbrake green light becomes off and  "Speedbrake Do Not Arm" light, becomes On, amber. Is this lights change normal?

Patricio Valdes

18 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Near to touchdown I deactivate AP and when wheels touch the runway I turn Throttle off and immediately press "F2" the spoilers deploy. If I press "F2" again the Speedbrake green light becomes off and  "Speedbrake Do Not Arm" light, becomes On, amber. Is this lights change normal?

F2 activates reverse thrust. The speedbrake light turns from green to amber because once your main wheels are on the ground, the spoilers are deployed, as indicated by the speedbrake light switching to amber. 

On 7/23/2020 at 3:50 PM, Chapstick said:

F2 activates reverse thrust. The speedbrake light turns from green to amber because once your main wheels are on the ground, the spoilers are deployed, as indicated by the speedbrake light switching to amber. 

Thanks so much, I learned this.

Patricio Valdes