Sign in to follow this  
AxeBoy

SWS T-37B

I just bought it using PayPal without any difficulty. Been using PayPal for 15 years or more with never a problem.

sorry to hear that some of you have not been so fortunate.

But my REAL problem is that the download speed is so slow that my download manager estimates 8-11 HOURS.  Normally a file this size (738MB) would be finished within minutes. At this rate I might not get to  fly it until tomorrow 😭😢

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I'm having a blast with this aircraft but I seem to be having an issue tuning a TACAN...I'm trying to tune the China Lake TACAN (which shows up as a DME in P3D).  Specifics are NID, 111.6, channel 53.  The T-37 doesn't seem to want to pick it up.  I tried tuning nearby EDW VOR and that works fine.  I know P3D doesn't properly handle or understand TACANs...is the issue that this particular TACAN is only listed as a DME in P3D?  Maybe if someone's looking for a mission in their T-37 this weekend they could give China Lake a shot?  There's lots of great flying in that area too 🙂

Here's a screenshot of my radio set up:

CNuwWaS.jpg

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

I'm having a blast with this aircraft but I seem to be having an issue tuning a TACAN...I'm trying to tune the China Lake TACAN (which shows up as a DME in P3D).  Specifics are NID, 111.6, channel 53.  The T-37 doesn't seem to want to pick it up.  I tried tuning nearby EDW VOR and that works fine.  I know P3D doesn't properly handle or understand TACANs...is the issue that this particular TACAN is only listed as a DME in P3D?  Maybe if someone's looking for a mission in their T-37 this weekend they could give China Lake a shot?  There's lots of great flying in that area too 🙂

I'm flying around Edwards now.  I get the same result with China Lake DME...it's not getting picked up.  My assumption is that the gauge is coded to pick up VOR, VOR/DME, and TACAN, but not strictly DME only (?) but that's a wild guess.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The only way I know of to change a default navaid is using Herve Sors' BGL Navaid Direct Editor.  That allows you to redesignate the DME-only at KNID to a VOR-DME and write it directly into the default scenery BGL.

The other alternative would be to place a new VOR-DME on a different freq right on top of the DME-only station at KNID using ADE.  One possibly sneaky way would be to put a VOR-only on that same freq, and maybe the DME would read the DME station and the VOR the VOR that you added.  No idea if that'd work, though.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

22 hours ago, regis9 said:

You can do as @w6kd mentions.  I got into ADE, added a low-altitude VOR+DME at the same 111.60 freq and location as the default, and...no go.  It still didn't pick up.

So I went back into ADE, changed the navaid type to high-altitude (VOR+DME + high altitude) and then the T-37 picked it up.  Albeit it then had a VOR/omni which I didn't really want, but I could ignore that and just use the DME I suppose.

It seems strange that the gauge picks up the EDW navaid, which is marked "low altitude", and yet, it won't pick up the China Lake one when I designate it as "low altitude".   I even overflew the China Lake airfield (buzzed the tower, of course) to make sure it wasn't just a range thing.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hello Gentlemen,

I started my USAF UPT (Undergraduate Pilot Training) as a member of Class 64C and began with the Tweet as our primary trainer. Still have my condensed checklist which was clipper with a huge clip to our left knee flight suit pocket.

I do remember the spins, we had to be at 15,000 before entry, the recovery procedure was full opposite rudder (duh) then literally slam the stick forward to the panel and she began the recovery process. As I recall the entry IAS for all aerobatics was 250 KIAS.

She was a sweet little thing and I certainly will not forget my first jet solo. I have only begun to wring this sim bird out but the memories are fond. I just wish there was a way to delete the pilots completely out of the sim.

Yes, my career path did include B-52D missions in a little country in SEA.

Jack

edit: for some reason the entire stick has to move to trim the airplane; not so in real life- the 'hat' was for trimming.

Hopefully the devs will look at this.

Edited by wsciutti
addendum