Sign in to follow this  
CaptMatto

What will you do in the new sim?

Regardless of whether the tree's are the right height, the photogrammetry is detail level insane, or even if the ATC gives you clearance via a SID or STAR what will you be doing in Flight Simulator when it finally lands?

My first idea - 16 bush planes on a hill with new simulator friends! What will you do!?! (P.S. Microsoft/ASOBO Please can you add this on the list of cool things to make awesome list 😉 )

Edited by MattBarraud
Cheaky request to MS
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

Not a bad idea. It seems they are flying West of Lake Tahoe, a good place to start the sim with the XCub 😊.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I mainly do IFR short-haul flights, mostly in a B737 or A320. I usually only fly VFR in GA planes to have a closer look at a newly acquired scenery. Now with the new sim this might change. If it looks as pretty as the previews suggest (which I’m confident it will), I’ll definitely spend a lot of time exploring the world. Should we get some entertaining missions or an attractive career mode, I could imagine spending much more time in GA planes in the longer term.

My very first flight is no doubt going to be in my home area. Then I’ll probably check out the Alps. Then some photogrammetry cities. Then the world...  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

28 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Try and take off from a runway 3 feet deep in snow

You'll need ski's for that. It would be nice if the Xcub has optional ski's and floats for these instances. I would love to try out how taking of from water is modelled.

• Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Hear me out.. don't call me crazy either. In Microsoft's upcoming Flight Simulator.. I intend to simulate some form of flight (or incompetence there of).

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Hop from small airport to small airport in a caravan and do an around the world trip. Should be amazing to explore 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

First thing I do in all flight sims - go to the airport I first enjoyed a flight from. Then check out a few of the places I've lived in and where I currently live. Then try to actually fly rather than sight see. I have a habit of taking off with a destination in mind, flying their as the crow and then landing on whatever runway is nearby without respect to aviation regulations. So all the basic flight stuff, that I should have been doing years ago but havent bothered with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superdelphinus said:

Try and take off from a runway 3 feet deep in snow

Love that! 🙂

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

12 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

Hear me out.. don't call me crazy either. In Microsoft's upcoming Flight Simulator.. I intend to simulate some form of flight (or incompetence there of).

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Looking at the flight physics I think it's going to be a lot different from what we're used to! #SlidesOffRunway #CrashAndBurn

Edited by Jim Young
Removed an inappropriate, possibly racist word.
  • Like 1

The first thing I'm going to do is take off from my local airport and find my house.  Then I'm going to do a LOT of bush flying from small airports and just generally explore scenic locations from the virtual sky.  

I have a feeling the new MFS is going to be a bush pilots virtual wet dream.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mengy said:

The first thing I'm going to do is take off from my local airport and find my house.  Then I'm going to do a LOT of bush flying from small airports and just generally explore scenic locations from the virtual sky.  

I have a feeling the new MFS is going to be a bush pilots virtual wet dream.

Definately! I'd love to know about the multi-player aspect. Wouldn't it be great to fly together and land on a hill like the video!

Edited by MattBarraud

I hope for lots of bush flying too, but I need to see the default airfields first. 

The best enroute scenery wouldn't help if the start and the end of the flight kill the immersion unless an addon scenery for the airfields is used.

I am hopeful though, Asobo won't disappoint with the default airfields.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

I will definitely do a World Tour trip. But as it would take really longer to finish it, I will probably do some flights I’m used to do here and there also.

The citation, if it’s really good, will probably the aircraft I will use the most. It would fit really great to fly around the world.

• Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

6 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I will definitely do a World Tour trip. But as it would take really longer to finish it, I will probably do some flights I’m used to do here and there also.

The citation, if it’s really good, will probably the aircraft I will use the most. It would fit really great to fly around the world.

Round the world is on my to do list as well! Taking ages rather than as fast as possible! I'm from the UK so I think so far Scotland is high on the list to visit, as is Norway, French Alps and Med, and from there who knows! 🙂

• Like 2