Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

FSDT KORD and ILS freq for 10C/28C and 10R/28L

Hello!

I have noticed recently that neither PMDG birds nor FSLabs buses pick up the frequencies for the above-mentioned runways. I have no duplicated AFCAD, no other sceneries, Navigraph DB is 2001. Meanwhile, it turns out that new KORD runways inherited freqs from old and currently demolished pair of 14/32s. Umberto (as always) denying any FSDT involvement into this issue and I'm too lazy to argue with him as it's been a same old song for the last 15+ years.  

Please position your PMDG/FSlabs plane at either 28L or 28C, tune up ILS freq and please (pretty please) post a screen of your left PFD. 

Would appreciate your help as I'd like to know whether it's solely my problem or the scenery's problem.

Thank you!!!

Dmitriy 

50 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Meanwhile, it turns out that new KORD runways inherited freqs from old and currently demolished pair of 14/32s. Umberto (as always) denying any FSDT involvement into this issue and I'm too lazy to argue with him as it's been a same old song for the last 15+ years.  

I really don't know what you are trying to say here. I'm not "denying" anything. I provided EVIDENCE that:

- The ILS WORKS with two different default airplanes, the default 737 and the default Mooney Bravo. 

- The AFCAD that comes with KORD V2, opened with ADE ( so everybody can check it too ), has all the correct frequencies. In addition to that, opposite to what you said the scenery "inherited" the frequencies for the old 14/32 runways, it clearly doesn't. By opening the AFCAD with ADE, one can easily see that all ILS that don't exists anymore, like the 14/32 that USED to have the frequency now used by the runways, have been *changed* and correctly orphaned in ADE, which is the correct method to replace an ILS.

For example:

ILS 32L doesn't exists anymore, and it *used* to be on 108.95, with the I-RVG ID. This frequency in real life now belongs to 28C with I-VZE ID. And of course, in the FSDT KORD V2 AFCAD, the ILS has been corrected as follows:

I-RVG now is moved to 108.00, orphaned from the non-existing runway, and renamed as "DO NOT USE". 

I-VZE has the correct frequency 108.95, and is associated to the correct runway, 28C

So, if you tune 108.95, and still get the old 32L ILS, it's NOT coming from the FSDT KORD V2 AFCAD, because we moved it to 108.00 and the only ILS set to 108.95 is the one for 28C.

• Upvote 3

Here's a screenshot from ADE with the AFCAD that comes with FSDT KORD V2 opened. The first lines shows the now defunct ILS, which has been all orphaned and moved to a different frequency, and it clearly shows the ONLY ILS using the 108.95 frequency ( for example ) are the new ones for 10C/28C.

kord_ils_ok.jpg

Umberto,

Which software did you use to create orphaned ILS - AFX or ADE?

Ok...I suspect that I have a very first version of ADE without orphaned ILS as I immediately created my own custom AFCAD once the scenery was released and I intentionally have never updated the ADE file since then. Gotta test this theory once I get back home later tonight. 

29 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Ok...I suspect that I have a very first version of ADE without orphaned ILS as I immediately created my own custom AFCAD once the scenery was released and I intentionally have never updated the ADE file since then. Gotta test this theory once I get back home later tonight. 

The very first versions of ADE long predate P3D.

Now let me see if I've got this right...you took the FSDT O'Hare, then modified it, possibly with a program that isn't up to date, then it didn't work, and then you lampooned the developer with "Umberto (as always) denying any FSDT involvement into this issue and I'm too lazy to argue with him as it's been a same old song for the last 15+ years."

Frankly, I think the guy is a saint for answering this complaint at all.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

20 minutes ago, w6kd said:

The very first versions of ADE long predate P3D.

ADE File!!!! not ADE software. 

If I were told specifically that Navaids for KORD were modified after the initial release, this entire discussion would never have taken place. Yes, I do not update ADE files via FSDT Updater as I'm not satisfied with the quality of parking codes/wing span  + I'm applying my own system of runways' utilization for AI usage, hence I'm creating my own ADE files.

Instead, I have been told "here is the screen of PFD, we have everything working on our side". All I wanted to see is the second screen with the list of Navaids. With that information I should be able to add orphaned ILS by myself. In order to get a real help finally I had no choice but to appoach AVSIM forums as I haven't gotten any help via FSDT support forums.

Anyway, the problem has been solved. Thank you Umberto, hope it won't go that far in the future.   

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

If I were told specifically that Navaids for KORD were modified after the initial release, this entire discussion would never have taken place. 

That's only because, when we updated it, you chose to IGNORE the AFCAD update ( which the Live Update alerts you of ), and never bothered to read the release notes when that fix was released:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

September 10th 2019

• Bugfix: KORD V2 - Fixed ILS 28C ID to be IVZE (not IVEZE).

Instead, I have been told "here is the screen of PFD, we have everything working on our side".

Because that's exactly what's happening.

All I wanted to see is the second screen with the list of Navaids.

You said yourself you modified the AFCAD, meaning you must know how to use ADE. And that "second screen" it simply the list of Navaids from ADE, so you could have obtained that information yourself, when checking the file, which should be the first thing to do, when reporting a supposed bug in the scenery related to Navaids, especially when you knew you modified the file yourself!

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

I too have this problem. 28C.  I posted the issue on FSDT and per  Umberto's suggestion, I tried the default Bravo and that too did not pick up  the signal.  I said it must be the scenery, not blaming Umberto for anything.  It could be on something on my end.  I opened KORD with ADE and the frequencies are correct.  I opened the map in P3D, and that shows the correct frequencies same as ADE.  So what could be the issue?  It's working for Umberto and countless others because these are the only complaints I have seen on the forums.

Gnacino

2 hours ago, Gnacino said:

So what could be the issue?  It's working for Umberto and countless others because these are the only complaints I have seen on the forums.

Run live update and let it update your ade for KORD. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

That was done countless times, thats not the issue.  It's got to be a scenery issue, either with my setup or something else.  The AFCAD is correct, all of the obvious has been checked.  Don't know what else to look for.

Gnacino

24 minutes ago, Gnacino said:

That was done countless times, thats not the issue.  It's got to be a scenery issue, either with my setup or something else.  The AFCAD is correct, all of the obvious has been checked.  Don't know what else to look for.

Gnacino

Could be a node issue with the updater. When FSDT pushes an update out, there vendor is, in theory, supposed to push it out to all 170+ nodes worldwide. As has happened before, sometimes that does not happen. So you run the update thinking you have the update when in reality you don't get the update. Got to love the internet.

Eric 

deleted

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440