Sign in to follow this  
dyl55

Airbus A320 which one ?

OP this is for you.

Click to see it full screen, enjoy your Air Bus.

ba3.png

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

OP this is for you.

Click to see it full screen, enjoy your Air Bus.

Unfortunately for him that would cost him $200. 😲

20 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

Unfortunately for him that would cost him $200. 😲

Put it in perspective.

Compared to what people spend on a new PC these day to run the sim, its nothing. A PC is just the start, monitors/TV's, controllers, rudders. addon scenery, addon airports the list goes on and on. Buy all that then say am not spending $200 on a addon that took 7 years to make and another 3 years so far polishing it. Flight sim'ing is not a cheap hobbie. Its a expensive one sadly.

A lot of people on this forum run RTX2080Ti well that's 6x what your taking about just to run 4K and hi settings.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

54 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Put it in perspective.

Compared to what people spend on a new PC these day to run the sim, its nothing. A PC is just the start, monitors/TV's, controllers, rudders. addon scenery, addon airports the list goes on and on. Buy all that then say am not spending $200 on a addon that took 7 years to make and another 3 years so far polishing it. Flight sim'ing is not a cheap hobbie. Its a expensive one sadly.

A lot of people on this forum run RTX2080Ti well that's 6x what your taking about just to run 4K and hi settings.

David,

As someone in the business, I can tell you without any doubt or reservations that I have a far different opinion on this. 

If we're talking about a flight sim addict (like me) who has been obtaining most everything flight sim related for the past 40 years, then I'll still say that $160 is still a great deal of money for one addon and $200 for two is still pretty darned high.

Just because their are developers who charge significant prices doesn't mean that's the way things should be.  Our sales compared to FSL are significantly higher, and in the end I'd say that both companies profit roughly the same. That should be extremely telling and it's precisely the argument I've raised behind the scenes with different developers in our world for quite some time.  In fact, if you dig really deep you'll find posts of mine here on AVSIM from many years ago in which I said the same thing.  Guess who set the price for the Majestic Dash 8 as well as the P3Dv4 update?  Well, okay, my good friend Oleksiy set it, but not before consulting me and my giving it to him. I don't believe any knowledgable flight simmer would argue that the Dash is one of the two best and most complete aircraft ever developed for flight simulation and we certainly could have sold it at a higher price.  And you know what, the same thing happened with Leonardo, the exact same conversation (though I was not the only one consulted).

So this is an argument I've been making with flight sim developers for almost 15 years and as developers we hurt our community with these high prices.  I mean, this is simple math!  B y the way, I can tell you the two primary reasons that some developers (and I'm not pointing at FSL here) charge such high prices for addons.  1) They want or need to recoup their investment as soon as possible, and 2)  they believe there is a shelf life on addon sales (and the are partially right about that), and 3) Either Ego and/or the personal investment in their product. But not only of those ends justify high prices, not even when taken collectively.

Every developer in flight sim should be fully invested in the growth of our hobbyl, and should do everything possible to contribute to that growth.  In the long run, companies that do this win out far more than those who don't.  Guess who else should be invested in our communities growth?  Every die hard user!  You guys should be out there in force sharing and bringing people into our community and helping all the new people learn all the wonderful things are exist in our hobby.

From time to time I write about why I chose Aerosoft especially when I had to start at the bottom all over again and earn my way in (you don't know my background, but trust me when I say that most people with my background would not have done that). But I love the Aerosoft business model pushing towards lower prices and reaching more people, and they have given me the freedom to start an upcoming free flight sim community where new people can come to learn in a fun but professional atmosphere and experienced people can come to share their knowledge. I'll be the first one to say that there are a few things that need to change internal to Aerosoft and I'm working to help bring that about - but not one of them is how they feel about their customers and the flight sim world.  Did you know that the very first company Microsoft and Asobo reached out to was Aerosoft?  Why do you think that was?

Anyway, we should be making it easier for people to get involved in this hobby, and I believe that every one of us who loves this hobby has a responsibility to ourselves and our hobby to help our hobby grow.

Thanks everyone so very much for their time, I can be long winded and I thank you for reading my novels!

Best wishes my friends.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I wished PMDG, FSL, sold there products for $50 I really do, it’s a company choice to stack um hight, sell them cheap or charge a premium and sell far less.

But my reply was not to belittle the cost as small change. It was to put it in context to what flight siming cost. 
The wife was not to happy about be investing £450 in TPR rudders, bit hard to justify to say the lease. Can not ever bring myself to talk about a RTX 2080 Ti. Not even to myself can I justify it. But this year when the new 3070/3080/3080Ti come out am all in. Can I justify what am spending to fly a make believe aircraft in a make believe world? Hell no, but it’s my hobby and life’s to short to not enjoy what you can, when you can. 
And as am sure you know life can be to short.

Try justifying £50 for better clouds and wind lol. But most of us have bought ASP4, and so it goes on. 🙂

Edited by Nyxx

OK guys, before this goes further off the rails, the thread topic is about which 'bus add-on is better for the new guy, not yet another re-hash of market forces, pricing strategies, why anyone's personal definition of how much is "too much" should apply to everyone, PMDG vs iFly (neither of which make a 'bus) etc.  Please, let's steer it back to the actual topic.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

To say the AS behaviour is more like the real thing because of the odd things it does has to be the biggest joke I have read, programming something that throws you odd behaviour and imply that...... nvm.

Don’t want to start a fight here Nyxx, but unless your a type rated A320 Pilot, to completely dismiss someone who is by telling them there comment is a joke on an aircraft they fly for a living,  well THAT is a joke.

If you are, then the both of you can discuss at hand the different opinions on the aircraft and we can sit back and enjoy the ride !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pan pan pan said:

Don’t want to start a fight here Nyxx, but unless your a type rated A320 Pilot, to completely dismiss someone who is by telling them there comment is a joke on an aircraft they fly for a living,  well THAT is a joke.

My initial reaction after reading this remark was the same as Nyxx. On the funny side of things, all A320 pilots I know tell the same kind of cool joke initially. If you manage to talk with them more in depth, they all see the A320 as the finest and most well thought out aircraft ever. So these comments need to be taken into perspective.

The original poster of this odd behaviour probably did not tell everything yet what he thinks about the A320. And even then there might be a diversity of opinions among real pilots. Someone who has started his career on a 737-200 will certainly see the A320 differently than someone who has started his career with the A320.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

29 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

My initial reaction after reading this remark was the same as Nyxx. On the funny side of things, all A320 pilots I know tell the same kind of cool joke initially. If you manage to talk with them more in depth, they all see the A320 as the finest and most well thought out aircraft ever. 

I wouldn't call it 'the finest and most well thought out aircraft ever'. Over the years it became a very nice and comfortable office to work in (if there are no malfunctions), but that's all.

Single failure handling is also in most cases nice and easy, but once you get into a multiple failure scenerio it can become a really dangerous nightmare and it can reveal hair-raising design shortcomings. 

Having flown quite a few other aircraft before the A320 and knowing their design and capabilities, I do see the A320 a bit different. 

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure, but with my VKB joystick tuned to same force as A320's side stick, I feel AS's manual handling is closer to what I feel on LEVEL-D sim than FSL, maybe it's down to differnce on frame rate though....

Other than that, FSL is waayyyyyy better, I can reproduce almost all simulator drill listed for initial type rating tranning on FSL(BTW still except the routre offset...). while AS320 could only do a normal flight.

However I do find AS' approach is interesting, rather than many mid-field developers try to make all buttons move but all half-baked.... The FMC and autoflight works really great.

Wow my goal wasn't to launch a debate sorry :laugh:

But thank's everyone, as I said I won't fly it very often, let's say like one flight every month or 2, it's just for longer flight to change country and diversified, then I'll go back to GA to fly over this new country, that's why I want a not to expensive addon and not to complexe :)

The reason why airbus and not boeing is simply my home cockpit, I have all Saitek product, yoke included and the realsimgear gns 530, everything stick in a homemade cockpit for GA, which means I can't remove the yoke,

I also have the Saitek x52 joystick which is currently useless, I could use this one to fly the airbus which would be more realistic than flying a boeing with a GA cockpit :D

18 hours ago, dyl55 said:

Would you have any good tips on which one should I buy ? As I won't fly it very often I'd like it to be not too expensive if possible :)

Second tips, I have an ipad and I'd like to put the FMC on it, is this possible we p3d v4.5 ?

Basically, your question has been answered multiple times.

10 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Flight sim'ing is not a cheap hobbie. Its a expensive one sadly.

This is just a fundamental misconception, I don't even know where to begin.

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is just a fundamental misconception, I don't even know where to begin.

Well in your mind set running a car can be cheap but....it depends what car you want to run. Some will spent a few hundred pounds because it gets them from A to B and that's all they need, some will want more.

Look how many people on this forums run RTX 2080Ti and run overclocked CPU @5+ 4k etc, but yer its a misconception!!!! just like the price off the best addons. FSL PMDG ASP4 REX SF the list goes on but yer....... just buy a cheap PC and a carenado and away you go if you wish too, in the default P3D using the key board for control's with nothing else. yep flightsiming is cheap really!. if you want it to be ^^. 

7 hours ago, pan pan pan said:

If you are, then the both of you can discuss at hand the different opinions on the aircraft and we can sit back and enjoy the ride !

I don't need to be type rated to pull someone up on a flippant comment, use your own mind. The difference in a real Airbus doing something odd and a £40 addon with bugs in the programming showing its bugs then am not going to explain. Some people talk about the new AS A330 failing out the sky if there not on the case, AFK, well IRL pilots would be on the case does not mean it makes it real because the pilot has to take control does it.

Also real pilots pay and use the FSL to train and get type rated. Its that good and that's not because it has failures or is buggy. The simple fact that many real life pilots choose to do so, speaks for itself. 

I know and understand the point he was making but there is huge difference in a aircraft being programmed to act like the real one and a bug just being a bug. I am sure he knows that. Ask him to fly the FSL and ask the one that's most like the real thing.

The AS could not draw a route properly at one time and IRL the Bus sometimes does not but its was not because AS programmed it to do so, they asked people to report the routes so they could correct the bugs. AS did not make it so because its a IRL bug once in a blue moon.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1