Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Will we get P3d v4.6?

19 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

The MSFS boys are just everywhere ... even in a P3D thread.

I think you'll find that most MSFS boys are also P3D and XP11 boys as well.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

21 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

The MSFS boys are just everywhere ... even in a P3D thread.

Shocking, isn't it?

If people aren't careful, you might see us installing X-Plane, too!

Nobody respects boundaries anymore! 😎

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

This may be true, but you are being naive if you think the market won't adapt to and correct any upward trend they may not see as viable or for lack of a better term "fair."

I value your input and opinion (also, I like your product) but this comment feels slightly antagonistic, so it's helpful to mind where the power balance lies in the dynamic of vendor to consumer. 🙂

Sorry if it sounds antagonistic, not the intention.

Honestly you think vendors as PMDG, ORBX, etc. will keep their promos when a new platform is out? Their prices will rise again as they were before as soon as they fulfill any new needs. That is what I meant.

I have no power over anything neither I want any. I am riding the same wave as anyone else here..

All the best,

Simbol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

Sorry if it sounds antagonistic, not the intention.

Honestly you think vendors as PMDG, ORBX, etc. will keep their promos when a new platform is out? Their prices will rise again as they were before as soon as they fulfill any new needs. That is what I meant.

I have no power over anything neither I want any. I am riding the same wave as anyone else here..

All the best,

Simbol 

Your right Simbol, that the Promos will end, however if the user base rises considerably with Microsoft back in the game and their massive PR drive to attract more simmers, i'd like to think that the likes of PMDG, ORBX could reduce their products costs appropriately.

Edited by eaim
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, willy647 said:

It's funny how people discuss v5 and ms2020 when actually they don't know anything about it.

Unless you refuse to believe in any information provided directly from the developer, I'd say we know quite a lot about FS "2020" already. The Alpha is now spread around and if you know someone, or know someone who knows someone, you can go have a flight in it today. 

Prepar3D v5 on the other hand is a big unknown as there seems to be a pretty small test group amongst the "entertainment" crowd. 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

9 minutes ago, eaim said:

Your right Simbol, that the Promos will end, however if the user base rises considerably with Microsoft back in the game and their massive PR drive to attract more simmers, i'd like to think that the likes of PMDG, ORBX could reduce their products costs appropriately.

While I think MS will sell in higher numbers than previous sims, I'm not sure the market will grow too much bigger for study level aircraft.  The other stuff I do see a good sales upside.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

While I think MS will sell in higher numbers than previous sims, I'm not sure the market will grow too much bigger for study level aircraft.  The other stuff I do see a good sales upside.  

The study level aircraft sale's probably won't grow that much IMO, but I reckon that lighter simulated aircraft from the likes of Aerosoft and Carenado etc will have a chance of selling in bigger numbers. The likes of Just Flight might bring back their lite series back for the mainstream simmers who don't want too much complexity.

Simbol wrote: "So basically you are missing out all the current promotions, discounts and amazing new releases this year"

What makes you think I'm missing out on anything? I have lots of addons for P3d which I'm sure will be updated to MSFS eventually, and I have honestly not seen any addons the last 6 months, that I feel is a "must have", so No, I don't care if I miss out on any discounts or promotions.

Yes there might be some airports that I will buy for MSFS, but sceneries and weather addons will probably not be needed.

I don't own any PMDG or FSlabs products and won't buy any of them for MSFS, and even though we don't know how advanced the default planes will be, if they can use Sids/Stars and import flightplans, then I'm pleased.

And I have only used AIG traffic for AI, and I'm pretty sure they will be updated, so again......No, I don't feel I have or will miss out on anything. 

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

6 hours ago, simmerhead said:

I really fail to see your logic... Why on earth should anyone skip or move on to anything? Each platform has its merits. 

I 100% agree with your point ......   

And what revolutionary can LM offer in the new version? I don't have enough imagination to speculate. Silence is a great strategy.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

7 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

And what revolutionary can LM offer in the new version? I don't have enough imagination to speculate. Silence is a great strategy.

The lack of info from LM could lose them so many customers, unless they release v5 before MS complete with massive improvements in certain areas of the present sim.

• Upvote 1

You know what, P3D v5 will be commercially licensed MSFS2020.

LM are not going to do any vast changes to the ancient ESP platform and probably never intended to, its not going to be more than little bit patching up here and there in future updates if any. They can just license MS's new platform, if their purpose requires it.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, him225 said:

You know what, P3D v5 will be commercially licensed MSFS2020.

LM are not going to do any vast changes to the ancient ESP platform and probably never intended to, its not going to be more than little bit patching up here and there in future updates if any. They can just license MS's new platform, if their purpose requires it.

Interesting. Is your Crystal Ball available on amazon?

• Like 1

Can LM offer a photoscenery and autogen of the whole earth? And how much can it cost? 

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

14 hours ago, willy647 said:

It's funny how people discuss v5 and ms2020 when actually they don't know anything about it.

Actually we know quite a lot about FS20. The developer has given us a lot of insights about their work on landscape modeling, aerodynamics, air flows over relief, weather, partnerships with Icon and CubCrafters. etc. Though videos and interviews. We have a pretty neat idea of what their vision is and what to expect. A prealpha has also been played by tens of people. The ultimate test will be of course on our machine. But again, the first users reports a smooth experience on upper tier computers.

Lockeed Martin, on the other hand,... 

12 hours ago, Alan_A said:

I'm buying add-ons very, very selectively... but then I've been doing that for a few years, after realizing I had too many expensive hangar queens on hand.  So being selective isn't a reaction to upcoming sims... well, maybe a little, but I haven't gone cold turkey.

As of now, P3D is still giving me good flying experiences.

Same here, on both accounts

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam